My Next Kinky Curly Install w/3c 4a texture hair

RegaLady

So I just bought the hair today, it was $85(Black Diamond) and the Bohyme was $112, I'm a student and don't have that kind of money, so I bought the cheaper one, the store clerk told me that it'll have the same kinky texture as the Bohyme brand, since they're both affiliated, so I'm hoping for the best. :crossfingers: I'm using super glue to seal in the weft of the hair, just in case. I was so in a rush I didn't remember to get the fabric glue. I'll just be extra careful aswell. I'll post tons of pictures when I'm done, and the process, I'm doing it myself btw. Wish me luck!
I will be crossing my fingers for you! I will be installing mine next week. Wish ME luck! LOL!

glamazon386

I wear this hair. :yep: It will get dry and tangly if you don't stay on top of it though. Especially if you wash and go with it. The first few weeks I had it in it was a total nightmare. :nono: But I finally got it under control.

Last edited:

africa

I wear this hair. :yep: It will get dry and tangly if you don't stay on top of it though. Especially if you wash and go with it. The first few weeks I had it in it was a total nightmare. :nono: But I finally got it under control.

What did you do to get it under control? Did you seal the weft or use particular products?

xxBlackRosexx

I have used this twice for weaves...its soft and fluffy and its quite tangle free. Its also quite light on the head although it looks full which is fab.

NaniDiamond

I too am a BIG fan of Boheme hair...I discovered that their sister comp "black diamond" is the exact same quality and texture but less money...so I've used it for the past 7yrs!...it looks really natural on you by the way

I finally decided which type of weave to get for my next sewin. I wanted something that I could easily blend with my transitioning hair without having to flat iron all the time. For my next sew in, I'm going with Boheme Brazilian. It looks like it's 3c/4a natural hair. It's perfect for naturals or transitioners that want to leave their hair out, and not worry about blending. I guess relaxed heads could blend their hair with flexi rods or twist outs.

This is a picture of the hair wet. You only need one pack because it gets big when it's dry. The only thing about this hair is that it sheds, so you'd have to seal the wefts. I'm using micro hair like that girl used for the top, and weave for the whole head. I'll only get about 8 micros in the top and maybe one row in the back so that I can wear my hair in a high ponytail. I'm going with black though.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=126259

Dry hair

http://public.fotki.com/phatty-girl/bohyme-braz-curl/

This hair is so beautiful and natural looking especially for those with natural hair.
http://public.fotki.com/phatty-girl/bohyme-braz-curl/braz-1.html
pw - bohyme

http://public.fotki.com/lagirl2/brazilian-bohyme/

http://public.fotki.com/lagirl2/brazilian-bohyme/bohyme1.html

http://public.fotki.com/CurlyLeoStar/weaves-1/bohyme/

Different Hairstyles with the hair installed

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=137416&KW=braz+different&PID=2383926#2383926

Pics of the hair straightened with a flat iron

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=120162&KW=braz+pics&PID=2016709#2016709

Cons:

Sheds and gets bigger. You would need to seal the wefts and only install one bag because the hair expands.

Pros: It looks really natural. You can wear it straight (takes some time to flat iron), or wear it in the natural state. It blends perfectly with natural/transitioning hair. You don't need to worry about flatironing the hair that you leave out.

What do you guys think of the hair??

Amante

I had this hair and it tangled up and shed so badly, I will never use it again. Plus, the curl is not as tight as one may think-- it is really loose like 3a curls. I think AAMH is the best match for 4a curly girls!

Hope this helps.

Ediese

Oops...sorry I haven't been back in this thread. I decided to try out other brands. However, I do know that this hair does shed alot. I think I mentioned that before. You WILL need to seal the tracks. As for tangling, I'll admit that all kinky curly hair will tangle to some extent. I've tried three different brands, and they all tangled. It's very similiar to real kinky curly hair in that regard.

If anyone is interested, check out my fotki and let me know if you have a question about the other types that I've tried out. I'll be able to give a better recommendation based on something I've personally tried.

glamazon386

What did you do to get it under control? Did you seal the weft or use particular products?

Wow I never saw this post - no I didn't seal the wefts. I've never done that with any weave I had. I just never thought to try it. This hair does shed and tangle. Not uncontrollably but it does both. I didn't use any products on the hair either. I just washed and dced it once every week or two weeks. And cowashed in between if it looked frizzy. Then I'd let it airdry. I only put conditioner and gel on my hair that was left out. No product on the weave.

Vintageglam

Wow that is some seriously beautiful Hair - I am now thinking of using this hair instead of the Indian curly as I figure I could blend my hair with it by twisting it into two strand twists and sitting under a low heat/ medium dryer whilst I try to get my own hair underneath dry (to avoid knots, mildew etc).

Just one question for you ladies however (esp Edeise & Glamazon)'

1. Did you find that you were able to wash this hair WEEKLY?
2. When you say it tangled - on a scale of 1 - 10 how badly?
3. Is the hair re-usable?
4. I have an average sized head (usually use 1.5 packs of BSS hair for a full look) so do how many packs should I be investing in for a "natural" everyday look I can wear in an office environment without looking like a rockstar?

Thanks Ladies !!!

glamazon386

Just one question for you ladies however (esp Edeise & Glamazon)'

1. Did you find that you were able to wash this hair WEEKLY?

Yeah. Sometimes every 2 weeks if I didn't have time to get to it. It wasn't the washing that was time consuming it was the detangling. The longer I left it in a bun the worse it got :look:. I washed, dced, detangled in sections with a denman brush and airdried every 1-2 weeks.

DO NOT use shampoos that contain sulfates and if you are going to cowash DO NOT use conditioners that contain cones on this hair. My first install went haywire when it got cone build up from using HE Long Term Relationship products on it. My stylist ended up having to detangle my whole head and give it a good washing and deep conditioning to get the buildup off.

2. When you say it tangled - on a scale of 1 - 10 how badly?

Overall if I kept it moisturized I'd say maybe a 5. It tangles just like long kinky curly hair would. I'd say it depends on what products you use on it too. If you let it get dry (as in don't moisturize enough) or keep rewetting it without detangling it will tangle terribly.

If you keep it soft and braid/cover it up at night it won't tangle as much. If I washed and DCed on day one I would rewet around day 3 or so. Then maybe on days 5 and 6 I'd wear a ponytail. If I went into week 2 without washing I'd keep it bunned up bc the hair takes on the pattern of whatever you do to it like real natural hair so if you put it in a ponytail, it will get a crink and the curl pattern will be disturbed. So you can't just take it down from the ponytail/bun and wear it loose. It won't look right. You'll have to rewet and restyle. I didn't have time to do that every day so I just pulled it back and KIM. The majority of the time it was pulled back/pinned up.

I will say it tangled much worse than my own hair does. I'm not used to dealing with tangles like that. It was strange because the hair was a looser and had a larger curl pattern than my hair but it was kinkier/more coarse and tangled more.

I'm going to be honest and upfront about this though - this hair is not a piece of cake to deal with. If someone is not well versed in dealing with long kinky natural hair or even natural hair in general they may feel overwhelmed. It's a lot of hair to deal with even with one pack installed. My first install gave me hell. Once I learned to deal with the hair it became easier but it still requires a lot of work and time to keep the curls looking moisturized and pretty. You have to treat it just like you would treat your own hair if you want to keep it up. That's just something to think about. Especially if you're thinking about getting a weave to give your hair a break.

3. Is the hair re-usable?

Yes but if it sheds too bad you may not be able to reinstall. I remember somebody posting about some hair before where it shed so much that the tracks were bald once the three months was up. Mine did noticeably thin out over 3 months of continous wear. I plan on trying a different type of hair for my next install though. Probably AAMH's Kinky Curly.

4. I have an average sized head (usually use 1.5 packs of BSS hair for a full look) so do how many packs should I be investing in for a "natural" everyday look I can wear in an office environment without looking like a rockstar?

The last time I wore the hair I only used 1 pack and left a lot of my hair out. If your hair does not blend easily with the weave hair or if you dont want to manipulate your leave out hair too much I would suggest you leave the least amount of hair as possible out for blending. If you go that route, you will need at least 1.5 packs. 2 packs more than likely will have you looking like Diana Ross.

Last edited:

Vintageglam

Thanks Glamazon for taking the time to type up that very useful info - now I do not feel I am going in blind. I am going to look into this hair as it appears MUCH cheaper than the indian curly. It also seems like a good contender for weekly steam deep conditioning to keep the curly nightmares under control.

Also thanks for the heads up on sulphates and silicones I think I will stick to creme of nature and the ORS line for maintenance.