My Next Kinky Curly Install w/3c 4a texture hair

Ediese

I finally decided which type of weave to get for my next sewin. I wanted something that I could easily blend with my transitioning hair without having to flat iron all the time. For my next sew in, I'm going with Boheme Brazilian. It looks like it's 3c/4a natural hair. It's perfect for naturals or transitioners that want to leave their hair out, and not worry about blending. I guess relaxed heads could blend their hair with flexi rods or twist outs.

This is a picture of the hair wet. You only need one pack because it gets big when it's dry. The only thing about this hair is that it sheds, so you'd have to seal the wefts. I'm using micro hair like that girl used for the top, and weave for the whole head. I'll only get about 8 micros in the top and maybe one row in the back so that I can wear my hair in a high ponytail. I'm going with black though.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=126259

Dry hair

http://public.fotki.com/phatty-girl/bohyme-braz-curl/

This hair is so beautiful and natural looking especially for those with natural hair.
http://public.fotki.com/phatty-girl/bohyme-braz-curl/braz-1.html
pw - bohyme

http://public.fotki.com/lagirl2/brazilian-bohyme/

http://public.fotki.com/lagirl2/brazilian-bohyme/bohyme1.html

http://public.fotki.com/CurlyLeoStar/weaves-1/bohyme/

Different Hairstyles with the hair installed

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=137416&KW=braz+different&PID=2383926#2383926

Pics of the hair straightened with a flat iron

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=120162&KW=braz+pics&PID=2016709#2016709

Cons:

Sheds and gets bigger. You would need to seal the wefts and only install one bag because the hair expands.

Pros: It looks really natural. You can wear it straight (takes some time to flat iron), or wear it in the natural state. It blends perfectly with natural/transitioning hair. You don't need to worry about flatironing the hair that you leave out.

What do you guys think of the hair??

RubyWoo

I've used it and I love it! The only negative is that it sheds ALOT. I sealed my wefts with Aleene's stop fraying and still had shedding. It was a quite a bit of shedding but not so bad that the thickness of the hair changed. I can only imagine how bad the shedding would've been if I didn't seal the wefts. I also didn't cut the weft.

Anyhow, the hair gets big and I loved that. It was low maintenance in that I would spritz with water daily to revive the curls and go. I also only needed just one pack. I plan to make a wig with the hair that I have since I'm not really big on sew-ins. I only had the hair in for 3 weeks before I was anxious to get to my hair.

Ediese

I've used it and I love it! The only negative is that it sheds ALOT. I sealed my wefts with Aleene's stop fraying and still had shedding. It was a quite a bit of shedding but not so bad that the thickness of the hair changed. I can only imagine how bad the shedding would've been if I didn't seal the wefts. I also didn't cut the weft.

Anyhow, the hair gets big and I loved that. It was low maintenance in that I would spritz with water daily to revive the curls and go. I also only needed just one pack. I plan to make a wig with the hair that I have since I'm not really big on sew-ins. I only had the hair in for 3 weeks before I was anxious to get to my hair.

Thanks so much for posting this review. I just love the look of this hair. I will definitely seal mine too. I saw someone sealed with krazy glue. I was thinking of doing that. I think it'll cause the weft to be hard, but the stylist isn't suppose to sew between the weft anyway, so I guess it'll be okay.

Do you have any pics of when you had it installed?

ladylibra

i like it, but dang why can't i find ringlets smaller than that... it would look JUST LIKE my hair! :wallbash:

make sure you give us pics after you get it installed!!! :grin:

Ediese

The good thing is you don't have to order it online. They sell it in the beauty supply store. You'd have to use the store locator to find the closest beauty supply store that carries it. I think it's about $80 for a 12" pack, but that's all you need for a full head.

http://www.bohyme.com/dealer/dealer.php

You could also purchase it from this seller on ebay. They received good reviews and they sell the 14" for $89 with free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bohyme-Brazilia...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Hairsisters.com also sells it. They have longer lengths for extra money.

lilsparkle825

The good thing is you don't have to order it online. They sell it in the beauty supply store. You'd have to use the store locator to find the closest beauty supply store that carries it. I think it's about $80 for a 12" pack, but that's all you need for a full head.

http://www.bohyme.com/dealer/dealer.php

You could also purchase it from this seller on ebay. They received good reviews and they sell the 14" for $89 with free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bohyme-Brazilia...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Hairsisters.com also sells it. They have longer lengths for extra money.
oh thank you... thats not bad, i paid about that much for my last pack of remy. now i think it was chinese remy, but too late now, that was almost a year ago. WHOOPS!

are you installing it yourself?

Ediese

oh thank you... thats not bad, i paid about that much for my last pack of remy. now i think it was chinese remy, but too late now, that was almost a year ago. WHOOPS!

are you installing it yourself?

I wish I could install it myself. I need to try one day. I did my sister's once, and it was okay.

I found a new person to install it for $50. She's weaving it, and putting about 8 micros on the top, and in a row in the back (so I can put it in a ponytail). I know that I don't have to do that because this hair blends well with type 3 and 4 hair, but I don't want to deal with my hair at all. :blush:I'm going on vacay for 2 weeks, and I just want to cowash and go.

lilsparkle825

I wish I could install it myself. I need to try one day. I did my sister's once, and it was okay.

I found a new person to install it for $50. She's weaving it, and putting about 8 micros on the top, and in a row in the back (so I can put it in a ponytail). I know that I don't have to do that because this hair blends well with type 3 and 4 hair, but I don't want to deal with my hair at all. :blush:I'm going on vacay for 2 weeks, and I just want to cowash and go.
OMG 50 BUCKS?!

i'm about to hop on craigslist. LOL

R

Reslnt1

thanks for this post, especially for the store locator part.

I was just looking at this hair yesterdday and decided to want to get it this week but i really didnt want to wait on it to ship...so it looks like i will be driving to baltimore this week

JFemme

thanks for this post, especially for the store locator part.

I was just looking at this hair yesterdday and decided to want to get it this week but i really didnt want to wait on it to ship...so it looks like i will be driving to baltimore this week

Yes, thank you.....:yep:

Ediese

You're welcome ladies. I love to see weaves that are more realistic looking and not all plastic, and shiny. lol

Anyway, please post your pics whenever you get it installed. I'll post my pics next month. I'm getting it done in August.

Fine 4s

I LOVE this! It reminds me of Wonderstar's hair.
I'm generally afraid of weaves BUT I would try this.

How do you take care of the hair underneath? If I could maintain my growth and overall hair health with this hair I would soooo do it. I'd leave the edges exposed b/c those areas of too fragile. What about hair thining?

Any advice?

Ediese

I LOVE this! It reminds me of Wonderstar's hair.
I'm generally afraid of weaves BUT I would try this.

How do you take care of the hair underneath? If I could maintain my growth and overall hair health with this hair I would soooo do it. I'd leave the edges exposed b/c those areas of too fragile. What about hair thining?

Any advice?

Since the weave is curly, you could essentially moisturize your hair everyday by spraying a mixture of glycerine and water (or your choice of moisturizer) underneath the weave, and on the hair that's left out.

This is my regimen with my weaves.

Wash 1x week with Creme of Nature
Condition w/ Mane N Tail
DC 1x week Pantene Pro V relaxed and natural
Leave in conditioner - Infusium 23
Apply megatek to scalp daily
Moisturize everyday with glycerin and water mix and seal ends with castor oil (spray hair that's left out and braids under weave)
Clarify 1x month w/Suave clarifying shampoo

Tips to wash

Add shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner in separate water bottles/applicator bottles and dilute with water - this way when you're ready to pour it on your head the consistency will be right, and you won't have to worry about it not getting to some parts of your head.

I've started my strict regimen with my weaves last September, and I'm inching from CL/NL in Feb 07 to towards BSL. It has definitely helped me retain my growth, and I have not experienced any thinning issues. I've been wearing weaves ever since I was 12, and I'm 24 now.

Just make sure that the person installing it does not braid your hair tight, and make sure that they don't pull the thread too tight when they're sewing it. Also, have someone you trust take down your install. I don't know how many times I hear people complain about the person taking it down cutting their hair in the process.

Last edited:

lilsparkle825

Since the weave is curly, you could essentially moisturize your hair everyday by spraying a mixture of glycerine and water (or your choice of moisturizer) underneath the weave, and on the hair that's left out.

This is my regimen with my weaves.

Wash 1x week with Creme of Nature
Condition w/ Mane N Tail
DC 1x week Pantene Pro V relaxed and natural
Leave in conditioner - Infusium 23
Apply megatek to scalp daily
Moisturize everyday with glycerin and water mix and seal ends with castor oil (spray hair that's left out and braids under weave)
Clarify 1x month w/Suave clarifying shampoo

Tips to wash

Add shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner in separate water bottles/applicator bottles and dilute with water - this way when you're ready to pour it on your head the consistency will be right, and you won't have to worry about it not getting to some parts of your head.

I've started my strict regimen with my weaves last September, and I'm inching from CL/NL in Feb 07 to towards BSL. It has definitely helped me retain my growth, and I have not experienced any thinning issues. I've been wearing weaves ever since I was 12, and I'm 24 now.

Just make sure that the person installing it does not braid your hair tight, and make sure that they don't pull the thread too tight when they're sewing it. Also, have someone you trust take down your install. I don't know how many times I hear people complain about the person taking it down cutting their hair in the process.
this is great. i just subscribed to this thread so i can keep this in mind for august as well. and the regimen tips are fabulous. thank you!

Ediese

You're welcome!!

Ladies,

I just wanted to add if you're going to purchase this hair, please make sure that you seal the wefts. This hair does shed alot and you would need to apply a weft sealer to stop the shedding. You simply need to brush the sealer over the weft. It usually comes in a bottle simliar to a nail polish bottle. I've heard that the Alene's Stop Fraying or Alene's Fray Check is pretty good. You can find it in a fabric store.

Last edited:

ebzonix

I'm definitely going to purchase this hair. I've been looking everywhere for it, and I need a low manipulation style for the summer; and now I can FINALLY wear my hair as big as I desire. Will be heading to the place today and getting my mom to install. I'll post pictures specially here for the end results.

ebzonix

You're welcome!!

Ladies,

I just wanted to add if you're going to purchase this hair, please make sure that you seal the wefts. This hair does shed alot and you would need to apply a weft sealer to stop the shedding. You simply need to brush the sealer over the weft. It usually comes in a bottle simliar to a nail polish bottle. I've heard that the Alene's Stop Fraying or Alene's Fray Check is pretty good. You can find it in a fabric store.

You wouldnt be able to get a sealer from the BSS?

Ediese

I'm definitely going to purchase this hair. I've been looking everywhere for it, and I need a low manipulation style for the summer; and now I can FINALLY wear my hair as big as I desire. Will be heading to the place today and getting my mom to install. I'll post pictures specially here for the end results.

Thanks!! Can't wait to see it!!

Ediese

You wouldnt be able to get a sealer from the BSS?

I'm not sure that you could. I've never seen it there. You could try though. Please let us know if you found it.

I know that alot of stylist don't even know about using that method to stop shedding. I found this out at BHM. It's found in fabric stores because that's what seamstress use to stop material from fraying. Women that wear lace front wigs also use it to keep the lace in their lacefront from fraying.

ebzonix

So I just bought the hair today, it was $85(Black Diamond) and the Bohyme was $112, I'm a student and don't have that kind of money, so I bought the cheaper one, the store clerk told me that it'll have the same kinky texture as the Bohyme brand, since they're both affiliated, so I'm hoping for the best. :crossfingers: I'm using super glue to seal in the weft of the hair, just in case. I was so in a rush I didn't remember to get the fabric glue. I'll just be extra careful aswell. I'll post tons of pictures when I'm done, and the process, I'm doing it myself btw. Wish me luck!

RegaLady

I did it, for the first time, and it looked pretty good! The thing was the hair was crappy(dirt cheap), because I was experimenting. But I intend to learn how, to keep the money in my pocket and control how tight it is.:yep: