My new growth is as thick as a pin!!!

brandy

A section on my scalp has been hurting me so much for the past 3 days and when I put my finger there, it felt like a pin. I asked my husband to examine that section of my scalp and he saw my new growth coming out in 3's from my scalp. I asked him to pluck some of the hairs out to relieve the pain I was experiencing and when he did we examined these hairs and guess what!! These hairs were as thick as a pin!! No wonder they hurt so much.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Lady_Lioness

I understand where you're coming from...I get this feeling from time to time...It feels so sore and tender even to the touch...am i right?...to relieve the pain I do scalp massages...it helps a whole lot.

I don't think you should have pluck them...they're just hairs that are growing out..next time try the scalp masages instead.

shellzfoshizzle

could it have been a hair bump? Possibly the newgrowth hair coiled back up under the skin, got inflammed and then you felt pain? i dunno...lol...scalp massages should relieve the pain.

brandy

Lady_Lioness said:
I understand where you're coming from...I get this feeling from time to time...It feels so sore and tender even to the touch...am i right?...to relieve the pain I do scalp massages...it helps a whole lot.

I don't think you should have pluck them...they're just hairs that are growing out..next time try the scalp masages instead.

Thanks for the information, I will try massaging it next time but my fear is when my finger brushes the tip of the new growth it really hurts.

brandy

shellzfoshizzle said:
could it have been a hair bump? Possibly the newgrowth hair coiled back up under the skin, got inflammed and then you felt pain? i dunno...lol...scalp massages should relieve the pain.
No, it wasn't a hair bump. The new growth that was plucked out was straight with a very thick white pulp (the white thing that sticks to the root of the hair). I will definitely try scalp massages. Thanks for your tip.

Last edited: