My New Back to The Basics 2004 & Beyond Regimen!

CocoaCure

I'm keeping it real in 2004 alright - REAL SIMPLE!!!

Shampoos:
1.Pantene R&N
2.ION Moisturizing (it acts as more of a clarifying though on my hair)

Conditioners:
1. UBH Deep Conditioner (Under the dryer)
2. Pantene R&N
(I'll also go ahead and use up my LUST and my Nature's Therapy Moisturizer and my ION Deep Moisturizing Conditioner just to get my monies worth. Everything else I'm bringing to our next LHCF - Dallas Divas meeting on the 15th for Product Exchange.

Cheap but good Conditioners for Co Washes:
1. V05 Strawberries and Cream
2. V05 Blueberries and Cream
3. Suave Humectant
4. Suave Tropical Coconut

Leave-in Sprays:
1.ION Moisture Leave-in (I LOVE this stuff and it's done wonders on my hair for years!
2. Sta-Sof-Fro - especially great for when I'm nearing relaxer time for extra softening!
3. Aphogee Leave in spray
4. UBH Dew

Moisturizers:
1. UBH Moisturizer
2. Profectiv Break-Free

Grease - for ends only:
1. B&B Supergro
2. Profectiv Healthy Ends
3. Proclaim Coconut Hair Oil

Oils:
1. Wonder 8 Oil
2. Organic Root Stimulator Hair Oil Spray!

Vitamins:
1. EPO
2. UltraNourishHair
3. Biotin
4. Ocuvite - GREAT for your eyes, contains Luteins! Many opthalmologists take this regularly!

Relaxer:
1. Affirm No-lye with Fiberguard!
And that's it! No more products! I'm not buying anything else unless I run out of one the numbered items above! I'm sticking with these products and no more WHY? Because they're tried and true and I've used them with great results for a long long time! I'm not guessing with these products!! I know they're going to perform! So I encourage all of you to think back and remember when your hair was at it's very best........what were you doing, which products were you using. After answering this question, formulate your regimen again. Let's all try to stick with what we know works on our hair! This way we won't have any setbacks! If I had stuck with my program I'd be only about 2 inches from brastrap instead of 4 because I had to cut!! So let's keep it real in 2004! Real simple, real basic and real striaght-forward! :)

DatJerseyDyme

This is straight out of my journal from a couple of days ago:

Now on to my new year's resolution: I'm going to be faithful to MY regimine. THAT'S RIGHT, I'm going back to my tried and true.

Friday
Wash w/ Therappe
Condition w/ Humectress/EVOO
LUST
Biolage/Mango Butter/Some kind of oil
Dry in whatever method I choose

Monday:
CO w/ Humectress
LUST
Biolage/Mango Butter/some kind of oil
dry in method of choice

Mango Butter Daily
Once a month I'll clarify and use keraphix (I'll actually use keraphix up to twice a month if I need to)
After my relaxer, I'll use Emergencee
That's it for me! No frills and no pretty stuff. Of course, if my hair needs some TLC by way of extra moisture (especially in the winter time) I'll do the Honey/EVOO pretreatment. If my new growth is really thick/dry/unruly I'll head straight for the CD Healthy Hair Butter or WGO. AND If I need that extra shine for something, I'll use my serum or CD Mimosa Hair Honey.

In 2004, I AM THROUGH WITH EXPERIMENTING.

CocoaCure

Great going JerseyDyme!!! Hoooray for you! This is what we really need to do! Just get back doing what WE KNOW WORKS!! No more guessing, no more gimmicks, no more product junkism and buying and trying everything that comes out! Just pure, solid, tried and true methods - they may be different for all of us - but lets all stick to what we know works for our hair and continue to give it what it needs and the products it craves and not "trick" it with too many new things, that may not work or end up making our hair dryer, etc. Way to go JerseyDyme! We're about to have some really killa hair!!!

Tracy

I love it. You girls are right up my alley right now. You want to talk about SIMPLE? After a looooong conversation about this with a friend whose hair is STUNNING - This is my regime for the next 6 months.

Shampoo: Lanza
M. Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner or Dudley's Mois. Cond.
P. Conditioner: Elasta QP Break Control Serum (Once a month)
Leave In: Salerm or Infusium
Moisturizer: Smooth and Shine Light Serum and Dudley's
Color: Adore Clear or Sebastian Neutral Brown until I get my highlights in March or April.
Vits: Biotin, Pantothenic, Fish Oil.

Once weekly washes at Dom. salon.

THAT is IT and THAT is ALL. I'm giving EVERYTHING else I have away. And that means EVERYTHING.

Tracy

P.S> I am saving my Pantene R&N and DMR for conditioner washes for curls in the summer.

Tracy

P.S> I am saving my Pantene R&N and DMR for conditioner washes for curls in the summer.

aqualung

Re: My New Back to The Basics 2004 & Beyond Regime

If I stuck by this simple schedule, my hair would thank me. It served me well over the holiday break.

Friday night before bed:
1. Wash and condition with Lanza stait line shamp & cond
2. Squeeze and towel dry til not dripping, then saturate with Sta-Sof-Fro (maybe a little serum?)
3. Blowdry til damp, airdry til dry
4. Detangle with fingers once dry
I'd wear the ringlets down style Saturday and Sunday.

Sunday night
0. finger detangle any tangles since Friday.
1. wash with CON, but don't rinse it all out
2. Sta-Sof-Fro
3. vaseline on ends and put up in braided bun
I'd wear the same braided, vaselined bun all week til Friday night. No serum is needed for shine, as the remaining CON keeps the bun shiny. I'd Surge (mixed with Ion straightening conditioner) twice daily w/o taking bun down.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I love it. You girls are right up my alley right now. You want to talk about SIMPLE? After a looooong conversation about this with a friend whose hair is STUNNING - This is my regime for the next 6 months.

Shampoo: Lanza
M. Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner or Dudley's Mois. Cond.
P. Conditioner: Elasta QP Break Control Serum (Once a month)
Leave In: Salerm or Infusium
Moisturizer: Smooth and Shine Light Serum and Dudley's
Color: Adore Clear or Sebastian Neutral Brown until I get my highlights in March or April.
Vits: Biotin, Pantothenic, Fish Oil.

Once weekly washes at Dom. salon.

THAT is IT and THAT is ALL. I'm giving EVERYTHING else I have away. And that means EVERYTHING.

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG Tracy.
I think I'm going to faint.

Tracy

I know! The ultimate PJ reforms...

News at eleven!!!!!!

My hair is finally AALLLLLMOST BS length - but it's lots some of it's UUMPH.

I think all the "playing around" was what did it. So I'm taking heed.

Armyqt

I'm totally feeling this. I've had a simply regime for over 6 months now. My problem is I'm always buying new products. I basically decided to go simple after being so complicated for so long and making no progress, but actually having setbacks. I looked to Adrienne as an inspiration to keep it going. She has the simplest routine and has made such great progress. Right now I'm on my own little personal PJ challenge. I plan to use up all the poducts I have and only restock my staples. I might end up giving some stufff away too. Great thread CocoaPure

diamondlady

I've tried so many things I'm not sure what's really working. I do have some staple products that I will always buy when I run out. I don't want buy more things but the treatment I recently got for breakage, really worked. So I'll probably keep buying stuff. If someone could tell me something to stop shedding, I would probably buy it tomorrow.

Tracy

Dude I forgot to PM you and it's all yours. Why didn't you remind me girl!

I don't need anything.
But thank you! We have to make a date.

angellazette

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I'm totally feeling this. I've had a simply regime for over 6 months now. My problem is I'm always buying new products. I basically decided to go simple after being so complicated for so long and making no progress, but actually having setbacks. I looked to Adrienne as an inspiration to keep it going. She has the simplest routine and has made such great progress. Right now I'm on my own little personal PJ challenge. I plan to use up all the poducts I have and only restock my staples. I might end up giving some stufff away too. Great thread CocoaPure

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I also want to use up my current products, basically a spray and creamy leave in that I use. Here's what was working GOOD for me (believe it or not!)
Creme of Nature detangling shampoo in the green bottle
Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor
Motions Moisture + Conditioner
Ultra Sheen grease (blue one)

By doing this weekly I got
results. Oh yeah, I was taking 5mg of Biotin daily also
Though I can't remember what I used btwn my conditioner and grease, I'll just stick w/911 leave in.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Shampoo: Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Herbal Shampoo(full of herbs and essential oils and vegetable castile soap(for lather)

Conditioner: Deep conditioner:Lisa Akbari's Protein and Moisture Stabilizing conditioner (Jojoba oil,neutral henna,hydrolyzed protein) Leave-in: 911 creme conditioner
For Conditioner Washes: Suave Naturals Passion Fruit

Hot oil(s): Africa's Ultimate Herbal and Carol's Daughter Tui Oil

Moisturizer: Carol's Daughter Hair Milk

Rinses: Carol's Daughter Lady Day Herbal Mist/Rinse (for cleansing the scalp from bacteria)

Pomades: Carol's Daughter Kizzy and Mimosa Hair Honey.

Scalp treatments: Mixture of coconut oil and tea tree oil

I have been washing my hair every 3-7 days and I only comb my hair when it is washed. I am expecting a lot of new,healthy growing hair! Stayed tuned!!
I
Carol's Daughter

B

ballet_bun

This thread is wonderful inspiration. I am trying to refine/simplify my regimen too. I have a bag of things i want to get rid of. Maybe I should just throw them away. Problem is ... I still can't find a leave-in and a shampoo that I love.

I admire those who are keeping it simple and reaching their goals!

<font color="pink"> Ballet Bun ... </font>

Chanteuse

This is going to be my motto from now on. I am going back to what I know works. I learned so much about hair care two years ago and in the mist of experimenting w/ new products, styles, etc I've gotten out of the habit of doing the most BASIC, essential things.
I just re-read My copy of Cathy Howse's book and re bought all of my staples that I had run out of and never replaced.

My staple products are now going to be:
Keracare H&amp;D shampoo
UBH deep conditioner
Garnier Fructis instant conditioner
Salerm 21 leave in
UBH lotion moisturizer
Elasta QP mango butter

I'm going to alternate between roller setting my hair, phonytails and sewn-in weaves, but my product regimine will remain the same.

It's not rocket science
but at times I try to make it seem like it is.

BronzeBrown

Once my braids come out (in 4 weeks!!) my product regimen will consist of:

-V05 Shampoo (using it up, will be returning to Dr. Bronners soon)
- Aubrey GPB
- Olive oil (mixed with GPB, water and fragrance oil for moisturizing spray)
- *tentative*: castor oil for ends and smoothing down hairline

- This'll be my first time using my new and improved homemade spray on my non-braided hair, *crossing my fingers* that it's just as softening as my old standy Carefree Curl Instant Moisturizer Spray.

I've used up most of my 'graveyard' products (the products that took residence in my bathroom cabinet after not working)..I have about 9 more to go!