My moms thin hair!!!

sweetpeadst

My mom has very thin hair!!! She has been wearing braids and tree braids and sew-ins for as long as I can remember! Her hair is close to bald on the sides and back! She never lets her hair breathe and hasn't had it trimmed in at least 5 years! I think the reason her hair is balding on the sides is b/c she nev er lets her hair breathe or rest between braids!!!!!!!!! Can someone help me!

locabouthair

Braids and weaves can help to grow your hair in some cases but other times they make your hair really dry. My sew in weave caused my hair to be really dry and I got a lot of broken pieces in my hair now because of it. I don't know if your mother is willing to cut her hair and start off but sometimes this is the best thing to do. When my hair got really thin I had not choice but to cut if off. That's the only thing I can think of. But she should definitely give herself a break from the weaves and braids.

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
Wow Sweepeadst, this sounds like my moms hair. When I knew she was washing her hair I just sat all the products I wanted her to use, sat them on the sing, and told her what to do. I also told her I don't wanna hear no back talk and ran. I've been suggesting what she should do for months, it may take time. Anyway, she loved the results.

Here's what she I did,
1) I made her clarify(ALOE RID)..her scalp was ridiculously dry and gross
2)use a moisturizing shampoo(NTM)
4)MIXTURE OF salerm 21 wheatgerm stuff,ntm mask, and volumizer conditoner(kenra), oh yeah nexxus kerraphix

Daily,
I she uses my blend jojoba and essential oils son her scalp, she used to use a big tub of vaseline on her hair.

Hope this helps.

Last but not least she go have to let them braids go, My sister hair was horrible from a bad perm and she grew it back with wigs.

Netta1

shawniegee said:
Wow Sweepeadst, this sounds like my moms hair. When I knew she was washing her hair I just sat all the products I wanted her to use, sat them on the sing, and told her what to do. I also told her I don't wanna hear no back talk and ran. I've been suggesting what she should do for months, it may take time. Anyway, she loved the results.

Here's what she I did,
1) I made her clarify(ALOE RID)..her scalp was ridiculously dry and gross
2)use a moisturizing shampoo(NTM)
4)MIXTURE OF salerm 21 wheatgerm stuff,ntm mask, and volumizer conditoner(kenra), oh yeah nexxus kerraphix

Daily,
I she uses my blend jojoba and essential oils son her scalp, she used to use a big tub of vaseline on her hair.

Hope this helps.

Last but not least she go have to let them braids go, My sister hair was horrible from a bad perm and she grew it back with wigs.

WOW your routine sounds like it will work for my mom. What is Aloe Rid how often do you use it and where do you get it from???? What does Wheat germ and salerm do for your hair and where do you get it??? Last but least what is ntm and where do you get it????

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
sweetpeadst said:
My mom has very thin hair!!! She has been wearing braids and tree braids and sew-ins for as long as I can remember! Her hair is close to bald on the sides and back! She never lets her hair breathe and hasn't had it trimmed in at least 5 years! I think the reason her hair is balding on the sides is b/c she nev er lets her hair breathe or rest between braids!!!!!!!!! Can someone help me!

May I ask if she is willing to do whatever it takes to get her hair back to normal? TIA!

landakaye

Hey Netta,How you doing?

Aloe Rid is made by Nexxus and you can get it in a salon or try Target of all places. They sell Nexxus now. I dont know about the other 2 but Ive seen them online in a few places. NTM is Neutrogena Moisture stuff. You can buy it in the Walmart or drugstore.

Netta1 said:
WOW your routine sounds like it will work for my mom. What is Aloe Rid how often do you use it and where do you get it from???? What does Wheat germ and salerm do for your hair and where do you get it??? Last but least what is ntm and where do you get it????

KAddy

Does your mom listen to you regarding products to use? Maybe you can suggest some products to her to use while her hair is in braids or in a weave. I know my moms asks me which products to use. Maybe for mother's day get her a basket of goodies to pamper herself and include some hair products like surge, sulfur 8, nioxin or some other things that are good for thinning hair.

sweetpeadst

My mother is difficult!!!!!!!!! I told her to get her hair cut in a cute short cut! SHe has the complex that her hair is to thin and she also thinks she is to fat to wear a short cut!!!!!! She told me why cut my hair your not going to see it anyways!!!!!!

sweetpeadst

The only reason she doesn't have Tree braids in her hair is b/c we can not find the hair she likes it is called Wave Switch! I am so glad though it is actually breathing! I think that the weve is to heavy for her thin hair! She also tries to pull it up in a ponytail and it is to heavy and I think it plls her hair out!!!!!!!! I don't know what to do! I also do my aunts' hair (her sisters) and they are on the search for the hair and when they find it is going to be over b/c she is going to want it!! I hope they can't find it for a looooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg time! Is that selfish???

hairmaster

Do your mother have Diebeties, or lupus. any health problems having to do with the blood system? Good luck it hard trying to get moms to change their ways of doing hair.
But sometimes just the idea that you are paying attention to them will make a difference.

sweetpeadst

hairmaster said:
Do your mother have Diebeties, or lupus. any health problems having to do with the blood system? Good luck it hard trying to get moms to change their ways of doing hair.
But sometimes just the idea that you are paying attention to them will make a difference.

No she doesn't!!!!!!!!! She is so stubborn!