My hair journey..PICTURESSS

nadiacurly

Hello,

After 2,5 years of following LHCF (and working on my english language to understand everything, in august 2010 i joined LHCF but first i was just reading the forums) i finally achieved my goal..
I thought that i was never going to reach my goal. I had a lot of setbacks but i never lost faith :grin:

The first picture is my startgoal..i dont have stretch lenght but i was BSL when i started my journey 2,5 years ago. My hair would never pass this lenght because of al the chemical treatments and blowdrying.

The second picture is 1 year ago.

The thirth one is at my sisters wedding that was in may this year.(2011)
And the last pictures are recent pictures..

longhaircareforum3.JPG

Longhaircareforum11.JPG

Longhaircareforum10.jpg

Longhaircareforum9.JPG

Longhaircareforum7.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow,what great progress. So what did you do differently once you joined the forum to help achieve your goals?

Is your hair color-treated? You made great progress with your retention. What's the regimen you followed to help you retain your length and thickness?

Hello!

Yes my hair is color treated. I have really black hair. And because it's coarse it needs a lot to lift the color up.
What i changed after joining LHCF is my protein moisture balance, STEAM helped me a llooooot in combination with aphogee 2 step treatment.
I wash my hair with miss jessies creme de la curl.. After that i steam with aubrey honeysuckle rose.. Rinse then miss jessies rapid recovery for 5 minutes or so and rinse.. I use the creme de la creme as a leave in and also protected styling.. Means bunning bunning!
No blowdrying only in emergency cases.. So i airdry and then use the iron to style my hair at occassions.

Hope i gave a good overview..

If you look at the picture of one year ago you can see that the body was much less... that is the period when i began to use aphogee 2 step treatments (every 6 weeks) ... after each treatment i felt that my hair kept moisture better in my hair.. and in combination with the steam it only went uphill from that time...

I'm in love with your braid. That's the braid of my dreams. :drool:

Great progress!!!!! Gorgeous hair!!!!

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

I love it!! Great that you were able to keep your hair healthy without giving up the color.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Back