My hair is stuck

I cut my hair close to even in September and now its still uneven. It's like the middle isn't growing it its breaking off and the sides are growing with no problem. I'm getting so frustrated I'm thinking of chopping a good chunk off and hopefully it'll grow better. I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions? I use bjco on scalp and ends and coconut oil on scalp and ends depending on how dry my hair feels. I wash with Wen conditioner I do a protein treatment everytime I wash (2 weeks) what am I doing wrong?

Sent from my Eris using Long Hair Care Forum App

westNDNbeauty

It may not be that you are doing anything wrong.

It is normal for hair to grow uneven. There are parts of the hair that grows slower or faster than others.

Are you natural? The difference in length should not be that noticeable. If you are relaxed and wear it out, I probably would even it up.

Sent from my Eris using Long Hair Care Forum App

MzSwift

IA w/PSing. Put it away for a lil while and see what happens.

Also, what are you moisturizing with? For my hair, EVCO responds like a protein so the additional protein tx's on top of that would make my hair break off.

Azure18

Looks like you may be lacking moisture.

...You'll probably need to trim again. DC, moisturize daily and protective style for a while.

Oh, and not get another chemical treatment until your hair gets healthier

ShaG

Do you use heat on your hair? Just asking because that is how my hair looked when I was relaxed, and flat ironing every other day. If you are, stop immediatley. And add some moisture into your reggie. The coconut and jbco are fine, but use them after you use a water based moisterizer. Maybe condition with more moisture based DCs and not as much protein.

Last edited:
LOL I was thinking maybe sew ins or braid my hair and use a wig for spring and summer and see how it goes LOl I'm just frustrated. Ima use more conditioner and moisturizes and see what happens.

Sent from my E using Long Hair Care Forum App

Nonie

LOL I was thinking maybe sew ins or braid my hair and use a wig for spring and summer and see how it goes LOl I'm just frustrated. Ima use more conditioner and moisturizes and see what happens.

Sent from my E using Long Hair Care Forum App

I like that second idea as your PS. This way you can still take care of your hair as you do now, but you're leaving it alone most of the time and not thinking about it.