MY HAIR IS GROWING LIKE GRASS!!!!

I have NEVER had so much hair in my entire life, even when I was pregnant. My husband couldn't stop staring at it. :eek:

Because I'm not used to having bra strap length hair, when I wore it down, (just for ONE day), I kept getting it caught on things.

I do not feel vain for enjoying my hair because according to the Bible, my hair is my glory.

I started the baggie/drawstring pony-tail regiment in Jan., 13, 2006. My hair was mid-back. IT IS NOW AT BRA STRAP!!! Waist length, here I come.:D

This is what I do: CW (3-4 times per week)
Blow dry (oddly, my hair thrives on a warm setting)
Spray with Pantene Oil Sheen
Gel edges
Braid hair into one long braid
Saturate braid with S Curl
Tuck under braid and secure with a hair pin
Cover with a baggie
Secure baggie with a cloth pony tail holder
Cover baggie with a piece of cloth and secure -I do this to secure the phony pony

Last edited:

KiniKakes

Congratulations on your great growth, girl. :) Glad to hear that your regimen is working so wonderfully for you.

Geez, I hadnt thought about it being difficult to manage the BSL hair in terms of it getting caught on things. Ive never had my hair that long either, so i guess it'll be quite a learning experience for me as well. Well, im certainly up for the challenge. :lol:

itismehmmkay

Awesome!

Do you take vitamins/supplements? If not, then I'm even more inspired. I haven't been consistent w/ supplements, but I have been CWashing daily and I'm just hoping that alone will speed up the growth. It's definitely down wonders for breakage and dryness.

Congrats girly!

eta: How do you blow dry your hair?

Crissi

Owe u go girl!, great progress, and yes u should enjoy ur hair, whats the fun in having it if you can't enjoy it? anyways are u taking any vits with your regime??

Crissi, x

KiniKakes

meek&quietspirit said:
I started the baggie/drawstring pony-tail regiment in Jan., 13, 2006. My hair was mid-back. IT IS NOW AT BRA STRAP!!! Waist length, here I come.:D

Do you mean that you started at shoulder length, or was it mid-back? (I ask because on this board, when we use the term "mid-back length" that usually means longer than BSL). :)

In 2003, my hair was at the nape of my neck.

When I discovered this Board, Oct. 2005, I decided after my last touch-up on January 13, 2006, I would become a natural. All I can say is ha, ha, ha. My new growth was like Brillo soap pads mixed with cement. I couldn't even get a comb through it. I tried EVERYTHING to tame it. So, I broke down and touched it up myself about 2 weeks ago. I chuckle to myself now when people tell me that I have "good" hair.:lol:

This is what I do: NOW brand MSM (1 tsp. in the a.m.), Country Life Biotion (5 mg), 4 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice ( straight, without sugar twice daily), 64 oz. water, treadmill (1 hour) 6 days per week.

I also laid hands on my hair and declared In The Name of Jesus, that I will have long, healthy, strong, waistlength hair.:grin:

I don't blow dry my hair until it's almost dry, using a warm setting. Air drying just does not work for me. For some strange reason, it makes my hair extremely hard and tangled.

Last edited:

remnant

meek&quietspirit said:

When I discovered this Board, Oct. 2005, I decided after my last touch-up on January 13, 2006, I would become a natural. All I can say is ha, ha, ha. My new growth was like Brillo soap pads mixed with cement. I couldn't even get a comb through it. I tried EVERYTHING to tame it. So, I broke down and touched it up myself about 2 weeks ago. I chuckle to myself now when people tell me that I have "good" hair.:lol:

This is what I do: NOW brand MSM (1 tsp. in the a.m.), Country Life Biotion (5 mg), 4 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice ( straight, without sugar twice daily), 64 oz. water, treadmill (1 hour) 6 days per week.

I also laid hands on my hair and declared In The Name of Jesus, that I will have long, healthy, strong, waistlength hair.:grin:

I don't blow dry my hair until it's almost dry, using a warm setting. Air drying just does not work for me. For some strange reason, it makes my hair extremely hard and tangled.

Congratulation keep doing the good work in the name of Jesus!:grin:

Nice & Wavy

KiniKakes said:
Congratulations on your great growth, girl. :) Glad to hear that your regimen is working so wonderfully for you.

Geez, I hadnt thought about it being difficult to manage the BSL hair in terms of it getting caught on things. Ive never had my hair that long either, so i guess it'll be quite a learning experience for me as well. Well, im certainly up for the challenge. :lol:

Sorry, I know I'm off topic...but you are just too cute! You take great pics and you are model material for sure.

Nice & Wavy

meek&quietspirit said:

Well, I'm blessed to know that your hair is going in the right direction, down your back and not on the floor!!! Blessings to you and your growth!

divinefavor

Congratulations on your hair progress!!!! Go ahead girl and claim it in the name of Jesus!!! :grin: Girl, I do the same for quite a few things in my life! :)

GinnyP

meek&quietspirit said:

I also laid hands on my hair and declared In The Name of Jesus, that I will have long, healthy, strong, waistlength hair.:grin:don't blow dry my hair until it's almost dry, using a warm setting. Air drying just does not work for me. For some strange reason, it makes my hair extremely hard and tangled.
Wow, congratulations I will try laying the hands on my hair I know it will work--thanks for the info

Lucia

Congratz,
as a bagie convert myself my hair loves it and it really helps you retain moisture and length, no dry ends ever again.

Isis

meek&quietspirit said:

Congratulations on reaching bra strap and on declaring your hair affirmation in a powerful way! :yep:

trinigul

Lucia said:
Congratz,
as a bagie convert myself my hair loves it and it really helps you retain moisture and length, no dry ends ever again.

I agree, that baggie method is NO JOKE! My little afro is quickly turning into a bigger afro. People who see me every day are just amazed at how quickly my hair is growing and ask me what I'm doing. I feign ignorance...will have to do too much explaining.

princesmich

meek&quietspirit said:

I thought I was nuts for doing this, when I prayed over my head the last time everyday and massaged it I got hair to midback. the prayer of the righteous availet much

MissDiva

meek&quietspirit said:

If you don't mind me asking: What is the freshly squeezed lemon juice for?

foxybrownsugar

Teacake said:
Congrats! :) Keep up the good work. I like how you "claimed" your growth.
I liked that too. He likes to be praised (pslm.66:1-20)and doesnt like to be kept out of our plans for the future(proverbs 16:1-3).

I read that MSM could possibly raise the chances of forming kidney stones, which I am prone to make. My doctor told me that fresh squeezed lemon juice does something to the composition of the acid that stops this from happening. I really didn't believe him, but, yesterday, my dh sent me an e-mail that stated the medical field did an extensive study and proved that this does work. It was on the news. Of course, you have to drink your daily requirements of water.

No, I would not risk my kidneys to have long hair. But, have suffered from TERRIBLE arthritic pain in the right area of my neck and knee. I read on this board that MSM can help arthritis sufferers. And now, I'm an exercising little woman cause it's helped me tremendously.

The improved hair and skin and just extra benefits.

I don't use sugar because of the hight caloric content.

So, drink up ladies. :lol:

Kinikakes, thanks for clearing up the hair length definitions for me. I am 1inch past my bra strap, which I wear very low.

Bless U Ladies!

Faith

meek&quietspirit said:
I read that MSM could possibly raise the chances of forming kidney stones, which I am prone to make. My doctor told me that fresh squeezed lemon juice does something to the composition of the acid that stops this from happening. I really didn't believe him, but, yesterday, my dh sent me an e-mail that stated the medical field did an extensive study and proved that this does work. It was on the news. Of course, you have to drink your daily requirements of water.
Could this be why they advise taking it with Vitamin C??? Hmm

Yikes! I checked my public profile and the information is totally incorrect. The name, country and hair length info is wrong.

How do I correct it?