My Hair Hates Moisture!!!

MoniLynn

I have been on my hair journey since July. I know my hair had been over moisturized because it was really mushy. So here's my routine to combat it:
Sunday's: pre poo with mix of rosemary, jojoba, and castor oil
Monday's: Poo with Joico Kpak poo, apply Joico Kpak Reconstructor and let sit 5 min., apply Joico Kpak intense hydrator mixed with Kenra moist. conditioner, sit under dryer 45 min. apply Kenra daily leave in con and silk elements mega silk leave in, air dry or sit under dryer, apply carol's daugh. healthy hair butter, seal with prepoo mix, apply chi silk infusion and flat iron(hair is neck length, so very limited on protective styles, although just long enough to bun). My hair still seems to be mush!!! Should I cut out DC with moisturizing products and use protein based? If so, what products and would this be too much protein! I've also been drinking a protein shake daily..

Thanks for input!!

Last edited:

Mleah

That KPak Intense Hydrator only needs to be on for 5 minutes. I think you're in overkill mode with the conditioners.

Mleah

Try the Hydraor for 5 minutes then your leave in and seal with an oil. With the KPAk products you should follow their instructions because they are strong ingredients. It's all trial and error until you find your perfect matches. I suggest the basics from the established members. Her is one of the them.

1. Look up Supergirl on this forum

2. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?cat=69

3.http://keepitsimplesista.blogspot.com/

These are a just a few. Hope it helps.

poookie

any protein you take internally will only affect hair coming in at your roots, it won't affect the hair that's already grown & out on your head.

& i agree, follow the instructions on the bottle for joico products. they work amazingly well, and you really only need to keep them on your hair for the recommended amount of time to get the maximum benefits. no need to keep it on and moisturize w/ heat for 45 minutes, it'd be kind of like filling a cup when it's already completely full :yep:

the answer to moisture is protein, so if your hair is mushy, balance it out with protein! try this: next time you DC, add an egg (yolk and whites) to your conditioner, and let it sit (no heat) for an hour. or just do a plain egg. your hair will come out very strong, and it should be enough to counterbalance any current mushiness you have. and then, incorporate more protein into your hair regimen.

also, you may be in overkill with the leave-ins! you only need from a dime to a quarter sized amount of leave in, and you only need one! pick your favorite, and stick to just one after each wash. your hair will feel less weighed down. hope that helps :)