Twist Out Question

LadyBlu

After trying twistouts in the past and failing miserably, I decided to give it one last shot and...not bad.

I used a leave in and serum, divided my hair into four sections and twisted each quadrant into about 3 twists each. I then curled the ends on perm rods and let it airdry overnight.

It looked OK, but the ends were a little frizzy and it looked really dry. It felt moisturized, but just looked like a dry frizzball. I kept the style for two days.

Is there a way to get a more moisturized twist out? What can I do to tame the frizzies? The chia pet look doesn't appeal to me.

Miss*Tress

I use grease on wet hair before twisting. Grease keeps the moisture in, keeps frizzies at bay, and gives hold.

Sugar Brown

I use mango butter before during and after to tame the frizz. I just started using coconut oil to seal the moisture and provide that shine. Works like magic.

DeepBluSea

I did twists recently with shealoe. I did smaller twists. Kept the twists for about 4 days, then wore the twistout. It was my best looking twistout ever! The roots started looking less defined and more puffy by day 2.

nappity

I get the best twist outs with ORS Twist and Lock Gel done on damp hair. The hold is soft and incredible. If you have fine hair Qhemets soft hold gel works well. I dont use it that often because it means I have to twist daily. My Preference is ORS or Fantasia IC( Blue)

AFashionSlave

I need more information to help you.

What products do you use for your twist outs?
Do you twist your hair wet or dry?