My flat ironing technique

Afrolinda

The last time I updated my fotki a lot of people asked me about my technique so here it is:

I am a natural 4b

After I washed my hair and conditioned it I rinsed my hair really well, than I put the "afro detangler", "the nunaat chocolat special antifrizz" and the "aveda style prep-smoother". I let it penetrate into my hair and I did wet my hair a bit more than I started to dry my hair with the hair dryer and the "aveda brush", the aveda brush helped to keep the hair straight while I was drying it. Than I put on the "flat ironing creme" and the "redken heat and glide" I rubbed it in my hair and I started flat ironing from back to front to have more bounce, I did it in small sections and I really took my time. To finish I put some "aveda smoothing fluid" an I brushed it a bit.

You can see the results of this technique in my avatar.

Last edited:
I love your hair and I think that your flat iron came out perfect. I am also a natural 4ab (more b) and use a similar techique with great success. Where or where did you get the Aveda Brush. That's Brilliant!

I love your hair and I think that your flat iron came out perfect. I am also a natural 4ab (more b) and use a similar techique with great success. Where or where did you get the Aveda Brush. That's Brilliant!

I bought the whole kit of "aveda smooth infusion" and the brush came in it as a gift. It was a limited edition since they are only trying to see if a lot of people will buy it.

av_AV0188_162.jpg
SMOOTH INFUSION KIT

Your hair looks great Afrolinda!! What would you say was the determining factor that caused your hair to get straighter this time? Was it the blow drying method or the products?

I ask this because I can't get my hair straight at all..when I get done flatironing it looks like it was partially blow dried lol.

Your hair looks great Afrolinda!! What would you say was the determining factor that caused your hair to get straighter this time? Was it the blow drying method or the products?

I ask this because I can't get my hair straight at all..when I get done flatironing it looks like it was partially blow dried lol.

Thank you, I think that the products did it. Using the right products and knowing how to use them are very important and I'm saying this because this is the first time that I used those products but I used the same blow drying method.

I have this same issue. I just "flat ironed" my hair and I look like I have a weak blowout :wallbash: I straightened the front of my hair in two handfuls because I got tired, but you surely can't tell the diff when you look at the rest of my head. Maybe I should have turned up the heat.

Afrolinda I love how sleek and shiny your hair looks!!! What flat iron are you using? Have you ever gotten similar results without blowdrying before you flat iron?

Last edited:
how much of the flat ironing creme did you use?

The last time I updated my fotki a lot of people asked me about my technique so here it is:

I am a natural 4b

After I washed my hair and conditioned it I rinsed my hair really well, than I put the "afro detangler", "the nunaat chocolat special antifrizz" and the "aveda style prep-smoother". I let it penetrate into my hair and I did wet my hair a bit more than I started to dry my hair with the hair dryer and the "aveda brush", the aveda brush helped to keep the hair straight while I was drying it. Than I put on the "flat ironing creme" and the "redken heat and glide" I rubbed it in my hair and I started flat ironing from back to front to have more bounce, I did it in small sections and I really took my time. To finish I put some "aveda smoothing fluid" an I brushed it a bit.

You can see the results of this technique in my avatar.

I have this same issue. I just "flat ironed" my hair and I look like I have a weak blowout :wallbash: I straightened the front of my hair in two handfuls because I got tired, but you surely can't tell the diff when you look at the rest of my head. Maybe I should have turned up the heat.

Afrolinda I love how sleek and shiny your hair looks!!! What flat iron are you using? Have you ever gotten similar results without blowdrying before you flat iron?

No I never had those results without blowdrying first, next time I would like to try this: only blow drying and I just will flat iron the ends.This is the flat iron that I use:
1663_35.JPG

Back