My First Henna/Indigo...I'm hooked! (pics inside)

justnotsure

Hi Ladies, I just recently did my first Hendigo (I stole this term from one of the other ladies) application and I am now hooked. I will be using more Ayurveda products from now on!! My hair is so much thicker and it feels so much stronger and looks so much healthier. I was nervous at first, but now I'm ordering other powders and oils to add to my already too large collection.

Visit my fotki and you can see the entire process outlined in one of my photo albums! I am by no means an expert, but I will try to answer any questions you guys have!

The first two pictures are the results after the henna application and the other two are after the indigo. I love my hair jet black!

Attachments

• hennaresult-th.jpg
    hennaresult-th.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 281
  • hennaresult2-th.jpg
    hennaresult2-th.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 279
  • indigoresult-th.jpg
    indigoresult-th.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 281
  • indigoresult3-th.jpg
    indigoresult3-th.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm scared to try it.:ohwell: Can you please give me some tips on what helped you be successful? I'm dying to use it to cover my grays.

flowinlocks

Ooooooh I loooove Henna/Indigo!!! It looks nice & healthy, you are right about the hair feeling so strong it almost feels like a rope! Like you could pull a car with it!!! I love my hair jet black so I will be doing this again in the next few weeks.

justnotsure

I'm scared to try it.:ohwell: Can you please give me some tips on what helped you be successful? I'm dying to use it to cover my grays.

Please don't be scared! I was a little nervous myself, but you really can't mess it up! The benefits totally overwhelm you! I would use the same basic method that I outlined in my fotki and make the necessary substitutes that I suggested (such as adding Amla oil to the mix for more moisture).

Galadriel

This is so timely! I just for the first time ordered myself some henna and indigo and can't wait to apply them.:lick:
I've read that you should leave the hendigo on for two hours. Did you do it for that long?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

How do you all handle the grit of Indigo? I tried another brand and it was still very very grainy. I just hate spending that much time rinsing and it still seems like i get nowhere...and if i leave it in and say forget it, it causes breakage...i appreciate all tips.

justnotsure

I've read that you should leave the hendigo on for two hours. Did you do it for that long?

Yes, I left the Henna on for about 2 hours and I sat under my soft bonnet dryer for one of those hours. Then I left the indigo on for 1 hour, spending the entire time under the dryer. It's totally worth it and I can't wait to see how you like the results!

justnotsure

How do you all handle the grit of Indigo? I tried another brand and it was still very very grainy. I just hate spending that much time rinsing and it still seems like i get nowhere...and if i leave it in and say forget it, it causes breakage...i appreciate all tips.

It didn't take that long for me to rinse it out. Maybe you should add more oil to your mixture and make sure that you rinse it out with conditioner only first. I rinsed with only conditioner about 3 times before using the shampoo. The brand that I had from www.hennaforhair.com wasn't that gritty I guess. Maybe it was the brand or maybe your hair likes to hold on to things. HTH!!!

Makenzie

This is so timely! I just for the first time ordered myself some henna and indigo and can't wait to apply them.:lick:

I use henna and apply at night before I go to sleep, then rinse in the morning. No heat. But I'm not using it for color, just to thicken my hair and cover the gray strands creeping in. Love it.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I know for me, that it seems like a lot of work. I am determined though to do what is good for my hair.What scares me is if I screw it up, I can't dye my hair again. I just have a lot of research to do on this.:bookworm::scratchch

justnotsure

If your hair is black it is almost impossible to mess it up! Believe me...that's exactly what I was worried about and it came out so good that I had to spread the word. It actually was really easy...the process itself can take a long time, but other girls say that they reapply only every 3-4 months (for color purposes).