My First Flexirod Rod Set - Ionno about dis lol (pic heavy)

kbragg

So it took 3 days but I finally finished taking down my yarn braids. My edges improved some but I really want to give them a TOTAL rest. BlackMasterPeice suggested a straw set. Well these flexirods are about the size of large Whataburger starws so I think they count lol.

I will NOT wait until Oh dark thirty to roll my hair again:nono: These things are not sleep friendly:nono:

What I did:

Detangled with Aussie Moist and shampooed with ORS Aloe Rid.
Deep Conditioned for 30 minutes under heating cap using Loreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture
Towel blotted hair and applied Shea Butter
Applied lotta body setting lotion (50/50 Water to lotta body cuz I want it to last more than a day) to each section, combed with fine toothed bootleg bone comb and rolled.
It took 39 rollers in all. I bought waaaaay too many. I saw MopTop Maven (tutorial I followed) used 70 with larger rollers so I bought 100 from the Hong Kong ebay guy for 10 bux - guess I don't have that much hair:lol:)
Slept in rollers over night (only slept from 2am - 6am) and sat under warm dryer for 1 hour this morning.
Unrolled each section and separated curls using Chi Silk Infusion

I don't know how I feel about it:ohwell: I feel like I need to start singing "Tomorrow" or "It's a Hard knock Life":rofl: I know the curls will fall over the next few days so we'll see. Overall it's not bad IMO. I think I've found my transitioning hairstyle:grin:

Ok enough blabbering, here are the pics (please excuse my less that stellar appearance - My boobs make me look huge and the pregnancy is doing weird things to my face and nose:ohwell:):

Rollers In:

Rollers out:

Curls Separated:

Kind of a side note, I think I should cut my hair. I'm transitioning anyway and there's an obvious difference in length between my left and rights sides. The right side looks better, the left is very "mullet-like." Not sure whether to cut or let it grow a bit longer. What do ya'll think?

Prettyeyes

cute and the next day they look better as you seperate the curls more and fluff, you did a very nice job!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
You are so pretty, Mrs. Bragg. Seriously, own it! :yep: I'm going to be absorbed in roller setting of all kinds during my hair journey.

bimtheduck

Looks great! I didn't see an obvious difference between your left and right side so I say let it catch up and then clip away gradually.

Janet'

Yes! I like it and for me-the spiral set always looks better the older it looks (to me)- The "childish" look disappears...

MelodicVessel

I like your "curly tops"!!! I hope it lasts for ya... ain't nothin like puttin in all that work and the curls only hold for a day or two...

ms.blue

Your flex-rod set looks real good kbragg and If the mullet thing is bothering you then clip it up but i don't see "the mullet" in the pics.

kbragg

I told DH ya'll said don't cut it and he was like "Seeeeee?":rolleyes: He said it looks like a Jheri Curl:wallbash: I see I need to get him a copy of "Things you don't say to a black woman if you value you life.":rofl:

kbragg

Oh it does look a bit better today though a little shrunken at my NG (2-4 inches throughout my head) I pinned the back up. I think once I get to full APL I'll feel better about the "mullet" formation. The crown and sides just need to grow past shoulder length and it'll look better.

hopeful

I think it came out pretty, you did a great job. And I agree with dh and the other ladies: don't cut! LOL @ dh and the jheri curl comment, he needs to quit, your hair does not look like a jheri curl.

kbragg

I think it came out pretty, you did a great job. And I agree with dh and the other ladies: don't cut! LOL @ dh and the jheri curl comment, he needs to quit, your hair does not look like a jheri curl.

I know right:lol: He was just messin' with me because I have "Soul Glo" as my ringtone:lachen: