My (first) Ayurvedic Haul!

tamikachu =]

I just found an Indian grocer near my house and I went a little crazy, I feel you guys are the only people who can understand why this is a big deal to me lol. all this stuff cost me less than 20 bucks. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Oils
alma
vatika enriched coconut oil with henna, alma, lemon, neem, brahmi, and rosemary oils
jabakusum hibiscus enriched herbal hair oil
vatika enriched almond hair oil

powders
hesh neem
hesh brahmi
hesh shikakai
reshma henna

shortt29

tamikachu =] said:
I just found an Indian grocer near my house and I went a little crazy, I feel you guys are the only people who can understand why this is a big deal to me lol. all this stuff cost me less than 20 bucks. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Oils
alma
vatika enriched coconut oil with henna, alma, lemon, neem, brahmi, and rosemary oils

powders
hesh neem
hesh brahmi
hesh shikakai
reshma henna

I have Indian grocery stores all throughout my neighborhood and when I go, I rack up and feel great spending little $ and getting tons of goodies!

Shadiyah

man I can't wait to get back to ATL. that amla oil you have is the one with mineral oil in it just so you know if you care about that. I would love to save on shipping cost.

lamaria211

Shadiyah said:
man I can't wait to get back to ATL. that amla oil you have is the one with mineral oil in it just so you know if you care about that. I would love to save on shipping cost.

Is there one without mineral oil if so which brand? Tia

Krystle~Hime

tamikachu =];16609919 said:
Oils
alma

you make me think about doing an hisbiscus infused oil:lick:

InBloom

In my new-growth
I wanna be on the Ayurvedic side too!!!!!

Just have no clue as to where to start.

I do have Vatika oil....Cassia powder (not feeling this stuff anymore)....and coconut oil of course.

I'm completely lost on which herbs and powders and such to use as a first timer.

MaraWithLove

InBloom Have you looked at some of the ayurvedic threads on here? :) I love using hibiscus and bhringraj together as a hair treatment. The hibiscus is really moisturizing. I also like brahmi. I hope you find something you like and work with it!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I just started (its been a week) and I'm excited too! I have amla and Bhringraj. I'm in love:love: I was going to touch up my roots this weekend but after usung this stuff I think I will wait a little longer:yep:

InBloom

In my new-growth
@InBloom Have you looked at some of the ayurvedic threads on here? :) I love using hibiscus and bhringraj together as a hair treatment. The hibiscus is really moisturizing. I also like brahmi. I hope you find something you like and work with it!

Yes, I've looked through some of the threads, but people are so creative with their powders and mixes. I need a crash course...strictly basics rundown to get a better understanding. Maybe I'll stab it again over the weekend...

Thanks for the encouragement. I've never seen anyone with ill effects from ayurvedic haircare practices. It's always good.