My Braids!!!!

twinietwintwin

Hi everyone.... i was wondering if someone could answer my question.... Last weekend my sister cornrowed my hair (thank God I have my sister to do this because the last stylist to do this took out my temples!) Anyway it's now Saturday and my "new growth" is about half an inch long!!!! i'm in total shock and i'm wondering if it's actually new growth or if my braids are just getting messed up or something???? i mean 1/2 an inch in a week is crazy!!!!
i know i put some products into one spray bottle (a little bit of WGO, infusium 23 leave-in conditioner, and S-Curl spray) i spray that on my hair every night before i go to bed to keep my hair moisturized i also put braiding spray on my hair also..and i add sulfur 8 hair grease on my scalp to tame my itchies.... i don't know if this is new growth or something else...... I guess i'll know when i take my braids down next weekend.... would someone please tell me what this could be??? thanks in advance.....

God bless

Crystal

HairFanatic01

Personally, I have cornrows and I use ORS carrot oil. And after a week I have new growth. So yes, I use thw wild growth oil also and it aids in my hair growth. And when you take your cornrows down, you should use something called "TAKE-DOWN" for braids and locks.
Anymore questions

HairFanatic01

And to answer yor question it is new growth. Especially if the hair thats coming out looks kind of dark and thick in a since. But after 3 weeks then your cornrows actually start to loosen up and then you might have to look closely in order to tell whether its new growth or its getting loose.

twinietwintwin

Thank you soooo much!!!! Man i'm psyched that it's this much new growth, i'm taking my braids down this coming weekend and i can't wait to see the results. Where can I purchase the take down for braids and locks? and what does this do exactly.... Thanks in advance...

God bless

Crystal

debyjay

Hi Twin, you could be experiencing a growth sprout, if that's the case -- I say good for you girlie!!!

twinietwintwin

Thank you all.... I took down my braids today... Thank you hairfanatic for telling me about ease out for braids.... i used that and my braids came down with ease.... i used a clarifying shampoo followed by selsun blue (for my psoriasis- thanks Marla- it worked wonders) and then i used creme of nature shampoo and i deep conditioned my hair with Motions CPR cuz i had been hearing such raves about it on this forum, then i sat under the hood dryer for 15 minutes with a shower cap on.... i washed this out and used WGO and Infusium 23 leave in conditioner on my hair and i know i told myself i would stop, but i wrapped my hair.. but the new growth is amazing!!!! it's thicker and longer than when i first got it braided the friday before last!!!! i'm going to texas tomorrow and i'm considering letting my sister do micro braids on my hair.... but i want to get my hair touched up first.... any suggestions on what i should do.... and do micros have the potential of growing your hair???? thanks in advance

Crystal

twinietwintwin

Well i had been using wgo for a minute now before the braids and i didn't notice the growth that fast. but then maybe that's because the hair wasn't in protective styles...... that's a good question....

i didn't end up letting my sister do micros.... i was doing braid outs while i was down in texas.... i am going to wash my hair this weekend and get my sister (in oklahoma- yea i know i have a bang of them) to cornrow my hair before i go back off to school, then when i get there, i'm going to get my homegirl to do some individual braids (larger than micros-like the hair lady suggested) and leave them in for 2 months.....

wish me luck and good luck to you all!!!

Crystal