My Braidout Was Gorgeous, Except...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
since I don't know how to french braid or corn row, the first few inches from the roots were straight and then the beautiful waves began. This wasn't such a bad look, but the straight parts didn't match up all the way around. (hope that makes sense)

So those of you that don't french braid or corn row, what'syour braid out technique that makes it look uniform and flawless?

SG I was in the same boat until I learned how to do the two twist braidouts. I remember as a teenager we use to do two twist braid all around our heads. We only did 2 braids all around. I cannot do regular braids. I started practicing on other parts of my head.

What you can do is make sure that you make a braid start as close to your part as possible. For example, if you have a middle part. Do a top side braid and a lower side braid. That way, the braid is starting closer to the part so there's more hair that is in the braid. I hope that makes sense.

I don't know how to cornrow, just braid (plait) so my waves always start a few inches from my roots. I've never had a uniform braidout and I think that's ok.

Isis said:
I don't know how to cornrow, just braid (plait) so my waves always start a few inches from my roots. I've never had a uniform braidout and I think that's ok.

I'm with Isis on this...I can frenchbraid, but that still leaves me with the same look you have - especially in the front! I guess we're going to have to do some flat twists, huh?

Supergirl said:
since I don't know how to french braid or corn row, the first few inches from the roots were straight and then the beautiful waves began. This wasn't such a bad look, but the straight parts didn't match up all the way around. (hope that makes sense)

So those of you that don't french braid or corn row, what'syour braid out technique that makes it look uniform and flawless?

Thats how my braidouts look and I actually prefer them like that. Except its wavy in back from top to bottom, because I cornrow the back two braids instead of box braid.

hairlove said:
What you can do is make sure that you make a braid start as close to your part as possible. For example, if you have a middle part. Do a top side braid and a lower side braid. That way, the braid is starting closer to the part so there's more hair that is in the braid. I hope that makes sense.

Ditto! Works for me :)

Back