My boyfriend is going to wish he never met me... :)

bellydancer

My boyfriend doesn't know much about my hair obsession. He sees me with the baggie on, but doesn't ask any questions. He knows I only use certain products, but doesn't require any further information. Well he's about to find out how obsessed I truly am. My man used to keep his hair VERY short (he's 4a/b) because he said it's unmanagable when it gets too long (a half an inch). I admit his hair was HARD and tightly curled. I brought over my comb-thru softner (my staple) and told him to use some. About a week later I was chillin with my man and playing in his hair as usual. Forgetting that I gave him some moisturizer, i asked, "what did you do to make your hair so soft!" He said "i used that stuff you gave me baby. You know I'm thinking about growing my hair out a little longer because that stuff makes it soft and easy to comb." He should have never told me this because now I'm about to lose it. I'm going to introduce him to Creme of Nature (my fav shampoo) and when his hair gets really long I'm going to have him conditioning like I do! He's my little gineau pig! He is about to see my obsession at it's worst. I can see him now... "Naw fellas. I'm staying in tonight. It's time for my monthly clarifying and protein treatment." lol i'm am sooooooooo going to corrupt him.

Bee6

Truly Outrageous
bellydancer said:
He's my little gineau pig! He is about to see my obsession at it's worst. I can see him now... "Naw fellas. I'm staying in tonight. It's time for my monthly clarifying and protein treatment." lol i'm am sooooooooo going to corrupt him.
:lol: :lol: Girl...don't make his hair prettier than yours. :lol:

LAINA7777

Girl,

I Am Feeling You On This My Husband Is In Iraq So He Does Not Know How Much My Hair Care Routine Has Changed Since I Found Lhcf!!! I Have My 6 Year Old Niece Talking About Weekly Treatments

bellydancer

Bee6 said:
:lol: :lol: Girl...don't make his hair prettier than yours. :lol:

lolllllllllllllllll :lol:

he usually keeps his hair VERY short. almost bald because he thinks it's unmanagable. When his hair reached a half an inch it curled up in tight little dry crunchy knots, but now he moisturizes on a regular his hair is soft and his 4a curls are laid down and wavy (with the help of his durag). He's only talking about having a mini fro about an inch long, but I'm not going to stop until he has a big ludacris afro! I have an afro obsession. I love the way they look when they are taken care of. He doesn't know anything about this website yet. i gotta break him into my obsession slowly. He already thinks i'm crazy lol.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
LOL...I chuckled to myself when I read this. It reminded me of my brother who would use what shampoo and stuff I had left in the bathroom and then ask me about it later because his hair was so soft. The funny part is menfolx are worse than women when it comes to hair stuff and you might enjoy taking him to the darkside now but later you're gonna be fighting because he used the last of your best conditioner. For some reason they always want you to buy everything but never tell you when you run out. I guess its a man thing, they cant be seen buying anything other than a doorag, hairbrush and grease. Good luck...lol... :)

Daisy'sHair

LOL, You have to keep us posted on the results. My brothers loved to use my hair care products when I was still at home. I had to put an end to it because they would use everything I had leaving nothing for me. LOL,men love to take care of themselves just as much as we do. :)

angelz214

So true...my sister has to hide the products I buy her because my brothers will use it all. My boyfriend is the same way thats why we have our own seperate products and he asks me when he uses my CON or REdken Smoothdown. He loves the way his hair feels whenits moisturized, he doesn't like clarifiers or protein treatments because he said his hair feels like it will breakoff if he runs his fingers through it...lol. I think its cute.
Bellydancer...girl I gotta warn you as well...I have this afro obsession whenit comes to my man too. And he grew his hair out when we first got together, people give me s*** because they think he should cut it but I think he looks so sexy with his hair grown out. Now my warning when you introduce him to new products and hair care he will probably be curious and use most of what you got to see how the results fit him. Men can be very much like females. My baby is like that when it comes to skincare. :lol:

Shatani

bellydancer said:
My boyfriend doesn't know much about my hair obsession. He sees me with the baggie on, but doesn't ask any questions. He knows I only use certain products, but doesn't require any further information. Well he's about to find out how obsessed I truly am. My man used to keep his hair VERY short (he's 4a/b) because he said it's unmanagable when it gets too long (a half an inch). I admit his hair was HARD and tightly curled. I brought over my comb-thru softner (my staple) and told him to use some. About a week later I was chillin with my man and playing in his hair as usual. Forgetting that I gave him some moisturizer, i asked, "what did you do to make your hair so soft!" He said "i used that stuff you gave me baby. You know I'm thinking about growing my hair out a little longer because that stuff makes it soft and easy to comb." He should have never told me this because now I'm about to lose it. I'm going to introduce him to Creme of Nature (my fav shampoo) and when his hair gets really long I'm going to have him conditioning like I do! He's my little gineau pig! He is about to see my obsession at it's worst. I can see him now... "Naw fellas. I'm staying in tonight. It's time for my monthly clarifying and protein treatment." lol i'm am sooooooooo going to corrupt him.
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

go head girl!! make him rue the day he ever set eyes on you!!!

seriously, though...a lot of dudes can take it...i been counselling a good friend of mine on his hair and it is THRIVING! i got him using s-curl, coconut oil, NTM....i told him its for his own good cuz the ladies loooooove soft hair...thats all it took!! :lol:

Shatani

Enchantmt said:
LOL...I chuckled to myself when I read this. It reminded me of my brother who would use what shampoo and stuff I had left in the bathroom and then ask me about it later because his hair was so soft. The funny part is menfolx are worse than women when it comes to hair stuff and you might enjoy taking him to the darkside now but later you're gonna be fighting because he used the last of your best conditioner. For some reason they always want you to buy everything but never tell you when you run out. I guess its a man thing, they cant be seen buying anything other than a doorag, hairbrush and grease. Good luck...lol... :)
its not ALL men...cuz i sent my friend to Sally and was like, DO IT!!! of course he had to "man up" before he went and work the swagger when he got in there, but he did it!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen: then he had to come back home and watch Good Fellas or something....

bellydancer

lol!!! :lol: you ladies are hilarious!!! Shatani... I forgot about coconut oil! I need to get him hip to that too! He's going to love it.

Kitty... I gave him my Pro-line Comb-thru Softener. Here's pic...
http://www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/138869.gif

I wish I could get my brother to take care of his hair. I tried and he just doesn't care. I do have him washing his cornrows once a week though because he used to go a month without washing and he plays basketball everyday. Ugh... you could smell his scalp from a mile away!