My Bootleg Dominican Blow Out (PICTURES)

Dani.Nicole

So recently I went to a Dominican salon for the first time and I loved the results :grin: While I was there I made sure to watch every single step of the process. Now that another wash day has come I decided to try it out.

I'll be honest, this is not a REAL Dominican blowout because I manipulated the things I didn't know how to do lol

I first washed with Mizani Thermasmooth
DCed with Neutrogena Triple Moisture
Conditioned with Mizani Thermasmooth conditioner under dryer for 7 minutes
Instead of rollersetting I just put KeraCare wrap setting lotion on my hair and threw it in a ponytail. That was my "rollerset" :look:
I sat under the dryer for about an hour
I blowdried my hair in about 12 or so sections with a Turbo Power 1500 blow dryer to get my roots straight.
I applied the Mizani Thermasmooth serum before blow drying. If you really want an authentic Dominican blowout this specific dryer is the key! On the parts of my hair that was dry, I sprayed Elasta QP design silk on my roots first then proceeded to straighten my hair with the blowdryer.

Like I said this is clearly bootleg! I don't know how to use a boar bristle brush to create volume and such. I just used a barrel brush and instead of turning my hair inwards (like you're supposed to lol) I turned it outwards

This is my hair after blowdrying it

On to the flat ironing! I used my FHI Platform to straighten and here are the results: (BTW I got a new camera so I was testing it out lol)

Overall I'm pleased. That blowdryer is the business :yep: I think next time I'll skip the "rollerset" and just air dry. Then go back and touch up the roots. How do we feel ladies?

Dani.Nicole

Thank you! I don't normally like my hair right after I flat iron it. So tonight I'm gonna wrap it and hopefully tomorrow it will look even better!

Dani.Nicole

looks really good! I love your lil bang :yep:

Thanks!

looks great :)

and I co-sign ^^^ I'm also a bang lover lol

I love bangs! I grew them out to the point where they weren't even bangs in 08 :ohwell: I didn't like that so I went back to my side swept bangs. Now I'm growing them out again since they're too long to go over over my forehead.

I don't understand this fear with bangs...lol

djanae

Me neither, I used to cut my own all the time in undergrad -babydoll style (straight across blunt cut). And when they grew out, I had a nice feathered look.

Dani.Nicole

You did a great job getting it straight! Are you natural or relaxed?

To be honest I really don't know at the moment :perplexed I tried putting a relaxer in my hair after a 5 month stretch and that was a negative :nono: So the majority of my hair still has some curl left to it with almost 2 inches of relaxed ends. So I'm relaxed/texlaxed I guess.

Dani.Nicole

Wow, it looks great! :) Looks just as good (if not better) as anyone who went to the salon, IMO.

Thank you! I'm trying to get to that level because as of lately I've been going to the salon a lot...and that needs to cease.

Yea it came out cute. You should of done a hair swing shot! I bet its really bouncy!

Girl I'm still learning! I don't even how to take a pic of the back of my head let alone a swing shot! lol I tried but it was an epic FAIL.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Dani that looks fabu! Your hair looks very healthy ... and your ends look great to boot. You are proof positive that I need to keep up on my trims better.

Dani.Nicole

Dani that looks fabu! Your hair looks very healthy ... and your ends look great to boot. You are proof positive that I need to keep up on my trims better.

You really should! A nice trim will make you feel so much better even if it means you lose a little length. I was resistant to trimming recently b/c I don't think short hair favors me but I liked how my hair felt afterwards.