My 1st Mini Braids Experiment on My Natural Hair (Pics)

soon2bsl

Hey ladies!

So I've been having fun experimenting with different styles since doing the BC last month at 18 months post. I checked out some youtube vids and came across mini braids. Some of the ladies on there braided their hair, but would leave some of it loose. So I decided to give it a try. I used conditioner to twirl the ends.

I actually started with bigger braids in back, but didn't want big parts at the top, so starting them making them smaller at the middle and crown.
I kept them in a little under a week. I definitely plan on doing this again when I get more length and keep them in longer. Its a great protective style, and doesn't unravel when washing.

Pics below, (threw in a shrinkage pic too...gotta love shrinkage! :) )

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Nice do. You have a lot of hair now. I used to do these a lot. Eventually I used them to start locks. I grew two sets that way.

I usually braid mine all the way to the ends then let them unravel over time as I cowash. I love the look of curly ends.

I usually braid mine all the way to the ends then let them unravel over time as I cowash. I love the look of curly ends.

That's a good idea..I may do this the next time if I want them to last longer.

I do this protective style alot, mine dont look this good though.

Aww...thanks..I was just experimenting. I want to try twists too.

They look great. How long did it take you to do them?

Thanks!! I they took maybe like 3 or 3.5 hours. I took breaks though.

Adoreable!!

Thanks HoneyComb! I'm trying to get a puff like you...it's beautiful!

Looks pretty! And omg...how long did it take you to put those in?!

Thanks Elle! I think it took around 3 and a half hours. I took breaks too. They are bigger in the back, but you can't tell because I did the middle and crown smaller. It would have taken me way longer if I did my whole head that size. Now taking them down was another story...felt like it took forever lol.

Back