Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

faithVA

[USER=298908 said:
judy4all[/USER];14086803]:lol: Girl I can never keep track of holidays... I find out about holidays the Friday before usually.. The part of my brain that stores holidays is still stuck in Nigeria...

For real tho.. I'm kinda nervous about trying this because for the first time since I went natural I think I've found a regimen that actual works for my dry 4c hair (I have to moisturize every other day still but I'm happy).... I just hope I get better results than i'm getting now (I can't imagine my hair soft and full of moisture.. lol )

On another note... I usually wash my hair in cornrows (I dilute shampoo and pour over), DC in cornrows, allow the cornrows air dry 70%, then I take out each individual cornrow, finger detangle, seal and redo it weekly.

How do I incorporate the mud wash into this regimen? Does this mean I have to take out my cornrows before I wash (I'd rather not)? Has anybody used this with braids?

Girl, I know holidays for other planets :lol: And I would willingly celebrate them all if I could get away with it.

If you are nervous and you already have a regimen that you are happy with then perhaps you should stay with that until you are ready to change it up. Or just get the sample size and try that. Then when you are really ready to detox then get a regular bottle.

Perhaps someone else that really dilutes it can tell you about the cornrows. Because the mudwash is for your hair as well as for your scalp I don't know if trying to do a detox with the braids would be effective. The mudwash should be pulled across your strands and that can't happen in cornrows. Even diluted, its a mud and if you can't get to your hair it may take a while to get it out.

DesignerCurls

I have been doing monthly clay treatments for a couple of years now...a true staple!!! Even when I change my regimen, I keep the clay. It has been apart of my "Hair Spa Day"! It makes my hair fell smooth and my curls pop! :lick: I reeeeaally like rhassoul clay. I mix it with coconut milk, horsetail and marshmallow teas! I've been eyeing the Terressentail for a while. So this thread has inspired me to do weekly clay washes and I'm even thinking of trying the Left Lemon Coast. If I do I will post a comparison!

CocoGlow

Good info here!

I have tried the Lemon and LOVE IT!!!!
My hair is soft, bouncy, and curly!

I have also tried my own version and
it did not disappoint either!
Same softness, bounce and curl-popping!

I am in love with either one
and will use only this product
for cleansing.

I also have hit pay-dirt!
There is a local business where I can
purchase Terressentials!
Wooo-Hooo!!!

I have been doing monthly clay treatments for a couple of years now...a true staple!!! Even when I change my regimen, I keep the clay. It has been apart of my "Hair Spa Day"! It makes my hair fell smooth and my curls pop! :lick: I reeeeaally like rhassoul clay. I mix it with coconut milk, horsetail and marshmallow teas! I've been eyeing the Terressentail for a while. So this thread has inspired me to do weekly clay washes and I'm even thinking of trying the Left Lemon Coast. If I do I will post a comparison!

AKA-Tude & DesignerCurls

Would yall mind sharing your recipes ... measurements? :grin:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I don't know about measurements, but it is apparently the Linden flower extract that give the product it's slip. I plan to try a mix of Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay, aloe vera juice, and Linden Flower extract. There are some essential oil blends that that contain a mix of some of the other extracts/essential oils used. I will try mixing up just the three main ingredients first, and see how it turns out.

DesignerCurls

NappyRina the measurements depend on the length of your hair. But for hair that's between SL & APL, I used 4 tbsp of rhassoul clay, 2 tbsp of coconut milk & my horsetail & marshmallow teas are already mixed together so I use about 6-7 tbsp of the tea. I make my mix the consistency of cake batter. That consistency has enough slip for me.

I got this idea a couple of years ago from the Anita Grant website. There are a couple of other recipes on her website too. https://anitagrant.com/index.php?pa...24&category_id=4&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=41

HTH
HGH...grow&retain!

hair4today

" I then add a plastic cap and apply my heat therapy wrap for 1 hour."
:thankyou: for the above tashboog.
What a great idea. I have a heat therapy wrap and never thought to DC with the mud in this way. Definitely going try this step next wash day. If it works, then I will alternate protein DCs and mud DCs every other week.:yep:

This is why I love LHCF, ladies helping ladies to improve their techniques for growing healthy, happy hair.

JudithO

Girl, I know holidays for other planets :lol: And I would willingly celebrate them all if I could get away with it.

If you are nervous and you already have a regimen that you are happy with then perhaps you should stay with that until you are ready to change it up. Or just get the sample size and try that. Then when you are really ready to detox then get a regular bottle.

Perhaps someone else that really dilutes it can tell you about the cornrows. Because the mudwash is for your hair as well as for your scalp I don't know if trying to do a detox with the braids would be effective. The mudwash should be pulled across your strands and that can't happen in cornrows. Even diluted, its a mud and if you can't get to your hair it may take a while to get it out.

lol @ holiday for other planets....

That's what I was nervous about.. I don't think it would work without me taking out my cornrows...... I'll have to figure something out. Will keep you guys posted.. If it works much better than my current regimen, I'll ditch my regimen in a heartbeat... lol..

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
So is there anyone who still DC's after this stuff??...does it double the effect?
I don't DC after the mud wash anymore, but if I do DC, I do it on dry hair first then rinse it out, and then use the mud wash. I don't think it doubles the effect because I have tried it both ways on dry hair, and after the mud wash. IMO, I like it better on dry hair, but now I only do DC's when my hair needs protein. I use the mud wash as a deep conditioner by using a heat cap for 1 hr. After doing this, my hair feels like I did a moisturizing deep conditioner treatment :lick:.

hair4today

co-signing on the above. I have applied the DC both before and after the mud wash and much prefer when the mud wash is the final step in the process rather than doing the DC last because I got better curl definition. When I DC post mud shampoo, although there was no difference in the softness and moisture level of my hair, I saw a bit more frizz with my twist-outs.

LadyMacgyver

I got my product today and I already have it in my hair and so far so good.. I am doing the detox.. I am on my third wash and I have the mud sitting in my hair now with a cap over it.. Not sure if I will do 3 washes tomorrow or not I might just do 2 and maybe the other days do 1 or just leave it at 3 days.. My hair I can finger detangle and it looks moisturized.. Test will be when my hair dries. Here is a pic or my hair after wash 3..

Attachments

• TerrEssentials Hair Wash.JPG
    TerrEssentials Hair Wash.JPG
    378.1 KB · Views: 230

sikora

I got my products yesterday and did day 1 of the detox last night. I did all 3 washes and didn't add any additional products after. I wear clip in extensions as a protective style, so I simply twisted my real hair, let it dry overnight and wore my clip ins over that this morning.

Based on the way my hair feels now, I doubt I'll need the full 7 days for the detox. My hair feels soft and although I didn't add any product to it after rinsing it's not parched. Some areas held on to more moisture than others, yet the dry areas aren't super dry to the point that I fear my hair will break off if I touch it.

ETA: Initially I was mad at the shipping cost, but I ordered during the day on Monday and it was delivered to my building before noon on Wednesday.

hair4today

I got my product today and I already have it in my hair and so far so good.. I am doing the detox.. I am on my third wash and I have the mud sitting in my hair now with a cap over it.. Not sure if I will do 3 washes tomorrow or not I might just do 2 and maybe the other days do 1 or just leave it at 3 days.. My hair I can finger detangle and it looks moisturized.. Test will be when my hair dries. Here is a pic or my hair after wash 3..
Wow love your curls LadyMacgyver, your hair looks so shiny and defined. Is this your normal curl pattern when your hair is wet?

Last edited:

LadyMacgyver

I got my products yesterday and did day 1 of the detox last night. I did all 3 washes and didn't add any additional products after. I wear clip in extensions as a protective style, so I simply twisted my real hair, let it dry overnight and wore my clip ins over that this morning.

Based on the way my hair feels now, I doubt I'll need the full 7 days for the detox. My hair feels soft and although I didn't add any product to it after rinsing it's not parched. Some areas held on to more moisture than others, yet the dry areas aren't super dry to the point that I fear my hair will break off if I touch it.

ETA: Initially I was mad at the shipping cost, but I ordered during the day on Monday and it was delivered to my building before noon on Wednesday.

You got yours quicker than I got mine.. I did end up putting some product on my hair afterwards.. But I read everything b4 I put it on my hair and the products that I thought was natural was not.. Like Enso they have all sort of stuff in their products.. Glad I have an order of Naturalista Cosmetics and Claudies products coming to me soon.. I will order from Qhemets to add to my natural stash..

ecadnacmc

Hi ladies! I've been lurking & was very tempted to buy this but decide to do some youtube research first. Anyway, long story short, I found a recipe, slightly modified it, have it on my hair right now & I think it might be a winner. Anyway, heres the recipe:

1/3 cup bentonite clay
1 tsp peppermint oil
1 tsp rosemary oil
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
1 cup aloe vera juice
I mixed all the liquids first then wisked in the bentonite clay until smooth.
So far so good. Applied easily & instantly detangled my hair.
I'm going to follow terressentials detox plan & report back. HTH!

HennaRo

So nice to read this thread!

I am so inlove with this stuff! Since I have been using it I have noticed shiny silky hair much like I did when I henna'ed. Hair holds moisture longer, don't need to moisturize daily like I did before.

I still use a conditioner afterwards just because my hair feels ten times better. I'm down to using this, CJ smoothing lotion(leave in), Qhemet Olive and Honey Balm(seal) and Qhemet AOHC(ends as needed). If I decide to DC CJ Deep Fix is what I use. And that's basically it.

Pretty soon I am going to start using henna again(the only thing that gives strength to my hair), should be interesting to see how this works.

Last edited:

transitioning?

I really think I want this but I'm trying not to b a pj. my bottle of my staple shampoo is almost full. Sigh. How much did yall pay with shipping?

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

faithVA

[USER said:
transitioning[/USER]?;14095037]I really think I want this but I'm trying not to b a pj. my bottle of my staple shampoo is almost full. Sigh. How much did yall pay with shipping?

I feel you on this. I have a 1/2 bottle of the large Elasta QP Soy Oyl shampoo and I had just bought my mom a bottle of the Elasta Moisturizing shampoo. And I was loving the Soy Oyl shampoo. But its now sitting in my give away box. So I understand how you feel.

1 bottle with shipping, I'm assuming your in the US, its going to be almost $30. It's not cheap...no way to pretend. If you're a mixologist you can try some of the recipes they are sharing.

transitioning?

faithVA wow $30? I have to think about this lol. I think I need to find all natural products to use on my hair so I dont defeat the purpose. What do u mositurize with?

I find that mixing is just as expensive as buying the product out right. I only have 3 oils and s curl lol.

faithVA

@faithVA wow $30? I have to think about this lol. I think I need to find all natural products to use on my hair so I dont defeat the purpose. What do u mositurize with?

I find that mixing is just as expensive as buying the product out right. I only have 3 oils and s curl lol.

I bought 2 bottles last time so it came to $25. So on my next purchase I will buy 3 bottles to bring the average down.

I only moisturize 1x a week now with AVG mixed with an oil. I was moisturizing 1x to 2x a day. I have some left over conditioner that I may dilute to use it up. I haven't bought anything else.

Definitely take your time. When you are ready you will know. I have been progressively moving towards a simpler regimen and less and less products. So when I saw it, I knew I was ready. I've reduced my shampoo day from 6+ hours to 2. So for me its a no brainer.

HennaRo

Shipping-
Up to $8: $6.95
$8 to $25: $8.75
$25 to $45: $9.25
$45 to $60: $9.75
Over $60: $11.95

Each 8oz bottle costs $10.75, 16oz costs $20.50.

I usually end up paying $9.25 for shipping due to getting multiple bottles. They do last a long time, so it's not like I'm paying this amount often.

faithVA

[USER=43901 said:
HennaRo[/USER];14095247]Shipping-
Up to $8: $6.95
$8 to $25: $8.75
$25 to $45: $9.25
$45 to $60: $9.75
Over $60: $11.95

Each 8oz bottle costs $10.75, 16oz costs $20.50.

I usually end up paying $9.25 for shipping due to getting multiple bottles. They do last a long time, so it's not like I'm paying this amount often.

How long does 1 bottle last you? How often do you shampoo? And do you dilute it and how much?

I've just started so I think a bottle will last me at least 2 months but not sure if it will last me 3. I saw naptural85 use hers and she barely puts any on so I know it last her quite a while. I'm still heavy handed.

HennaRo

How long does 1 bottle last you? How often do you shampoo? And do you dilute it and how much?

I've just started so I think a bottle will last me at least 2 months but not sure if it will last me 3. I saw naptural85 use hers and she barely puts any on so I know it last her quite a while. I'm still heavy handed.

When I first started in November I was using it weekly, that 8oz bottle lasted 3 months....I did dilute it. I used it exactly like she did in her first tutorial video. Didn't shampoo at all.

Now I use it maybe twice a month. I have it diluted in an applicator bottle...I just squirt and mix with water. Shampoo maybe once every couple of months. One 8oz bottle lasts about 5 months maybe less(not 100% sure) plus I have a 16oz I have yet to touch. So I'm more than good lol.

ecadnacmc

Ok, just finished first day of detox with my modified recipe. Hair feels great so far. Much less shrinkage and way less hair loss/shedding with detangling (I'm post partum). I'm excited! This is all g the hair I lost after 3 washes!uploadfromtaptalk1314335449339.jpg

hair4today

So nice to read this thread!

I am so inlove with this stuff! Since I have been using it I have noticed shiny silky hair much like I did when I henna'ed. Hair holds moisture longer, don't need to moisturize daily like I did before.

I still use a conditioner afterwards just because my hair feels ten times better. I'm down to using this, CJ smoothing lotion(leave in), Qhemet Olive and Honey Balm(seal) and Qhemet AOHC(ends as needed). If I decide to DC CJ Deep Fix is what I use. And that's basically it.

Pretty soon I am going to start using henna again(the only thing that gives strength to my hair), should be interesting to see how this works.
HennaRo so glad you're commenting on this board. Before deciding to buy the TE mud wash, I did a lot of research and your detailed reviews over at NaturallyCurly were very helpful in motivating me to try this product. So glad I did and many thanks to naturals like you and Naptural85 for sharing your experiences with this most excellent product.

Last edited:

hair4today

Ok, just finished first day of detox with my modified recipe. Hair feels great so far. Much less shrinkage and way less hair loss/shedding with detangling (I'm post partum). I'm excited! This is all g the hair I lost after 3 washes!View attachment 122941
I know isn't it amazing. One of the many reasons why I'm completely sold on this product. I'm retaining so much more hair on wash day than I did before and since retention is key to longer hair, I'm hopeful I'll reach my goal of APL hair by the end of the year.

sikora

You got yours quicker than I got mine.. I did end up putting some product on my hair afterwards.. But I read everything b4 I put it on my hair and the products that I thought was natural was not.. Like Enso they have all sort of stuff in their products.. Glad I have an order of Naturalista Cosmetics and Claudies products coming to me soon.. I will order from Qhemets to add to my natural stash..

I have Enso's leave in conditioner and I decided against using it because some of the ingredients sound too "chemically." :lachen:I'm going to go back to using Chicoro's leave in and my usual shea butter mix & flaxseed gel.