MTG vs Virgin Hair Fertilizer

gorgeoushair

For those of who who have tried the Virgin Hair Fertilizer what were your results. Is it better than MTG? What are the ingredients? I'm kind of interested in this product. I know there were a couple of people on here who've used this or was interested in this a while back.

LaNecia

I'm currently using both so I can't do a comparison. I KNOW, the MTG works, the VHF is more of an experiment because I saw it locally and decided to pick it up. Some say it smells like gasoline, it does have a smell but I wouldn't say 'gasoline'.

The ingredients are: Herbal extracts, Petroleum Jelly, peppermint oil, sulphur, Lanolin and Fragrance.

The peppermint oil causes a strong tingling sensation on my scalp, I like that, not too sure about the petroleum jelly. I'm monitoring my progress VERY closely with this one.

LABETT

I have tried both and I get better results with MTG after using both products for a month.
I also like the tingly feeling I get with Virgin Hair Fertilizer and it helps with my dry itchy scalp especially when wearing braids.

Blaque*Angel

LABETT said:
I have tried both and I get better results with MTG after using both products for a month.
I also like the tingly feeling I get with Virgin Hair Fertilizer and it helps with my dry itchy scalp especially when wearing braids.

ITA with Labett:grin:

Lioness

I absolutely detest the smell of Virgin HF!:lol:
I used it years ago for a few weeks, and it did make my hair grow.
I don't know if we're talking about the same product though, the one I speak of is the one from Nigeria (this is the original Virgin Hair Fertiliser)

loonatick

so how do u use this product??? Do you put it on your scalp or hair? or both?
Does it have the consistency of Vaseline? (petroleum jelly) and is it easy to wash out?

Also, does the box say the product is from Nigeria? Because i have seen this product before in a BSS and wondered how could i tell if it was the genuine one or bootlegged?

(Im sorry i have alot of questions)

reckgnyze

I have a tube and I have been using since I had my braids but I don't know if its this or mtg or probably both but i am bumping for morre responses to.