MTG POLL: For Peak Results, How Often Are You Applying?

For Peak Results, How Often Do You Spply MTG?

• Once Week Or Less

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Twice A Week

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • 3 Times A Week

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • 5 Times A Week

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • 7 (everyday) Times A Week Or More

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters

tiffanyoneal

I have been a faithful user of MTG since May 9! I use it 7x's a week! I have no problem with the smell cuz I mix like 10-15 drops of Peppermint oil in it. So far the growth looks really good. I have braids in my hair so I really cant speak for overall growth but for the little strands have taken down I am like whoa!

GoldenBreeze

mika vs sasha said:
I stopped using MTG because I wasn't applying it correctly. I was letting it drip down my neck and b/c of that I had horrible rashes. But that was the past, now I use it 5 days a week and let me tell you I have some serious growth. I've been using it since April, I get a touch up next week and I'll post pics of my growth.

I used it from Jan 1 to April 31 (1st session of bootcamp), and this session I'm not using it. I wanted to compare the difference over a 4 month period, and see what the effect is for me.

SoulElegance

I have no idea how to start a new thread or even subscribe to one. Can anyone help me figure this out? But anyway, I just received my 32 ounce bottle of MTG today and the smell is a bit off but reminds me of sulfur 8. My question to you ladies is this: My hair is severly damaged and short from weaves, relaxers, and tight braids. Hairline is practically non existant. :wallbash: I haven't relaxed my hair in years due to hair weaves so I am not worried too much about relaxers. Dont think I am ever going to use them again. Was just wondering if using MTG will rapidly grow my hair? Right now I would say I have about 4 inches of hair, maybe less. Want to stop wearing hair weaves by next summer. Is it possible to grow thick longer hair using MTG by next summer? If so, how much would u speculate from 4 inches to next summer around june? Wish I had known about this product years ago. Sighs. I am shooting for mid back length within 2 years. Not sure if the stuff works this fast but I am sticking with it to find out.

chavascandy

That is a good question! I am also curious about that. By the way, could you tell me what MTG is, because I need to nurse my hair back to health as well.

SoulElegance

MTG is a conditioner for horse tails and manes. It was originally designed for bald men by a barber in the 1930's. Upon selling the company the new owners marketered the product towards animals considering they were the major buyers of the product. Its called Shapley's MTG. MTG standing for Mane, Tail. Groom. I have seen some amazing hair growth photos of african american women and am willing to give it a shot. It smells like sulfur because it has sulfur in it. Just like Sulfur 8 that your grandmother use to insist on putting on your hair when you were a kid. LOL. I just started it yesterday and am forever looking in the mirror looking for some kind of spurt. lol. I dont think it works THAT fast. Invest in a bottle and apply it to your scalp daily at night. A little goes a long way because its very oily. http://www.saddleandtackwarehouse.com/product-details.asp?item_id=395

I got mine from this site. Its actually cheaper to buy it here than the shapley's site.

GoldenBreeze

I have no idea how to start a new thread or even subscribe to one. Can anyone help me figure this out? But anyway, I just received my 32 ounce bottle of MTG today and the smell is a bit off but reminds me of sulfur 8. My question to you ladies is this: My hair is severly damaged and short from weaves, relaxers, and tight braids. Hairline is practically non existant. :wallbash: I haven't relaxed my hair in years due to hair weaves so I am not worried too much about relaxers. Dont think I am ever going to use them again. Was just wondering if using MTG will rapidly grow my hair? Right now I would say I have about 4 inches of hair, maybe less. Want to stop wearing hair weaves by next summer. Is it possible to grow thick longer hair using MTG by next summer? If so, how much would u speculate from 4 inches to next summer around june? Wish I had known about this product years ago. Sighs. I am shooting for mid back length within 2 years. Not sure if the stuff works this fast but I am sticking with it to find out.

By posting in a thread, you automatically subscribe to it. You can check in your User CP (control panel) to see if new comments have been posted, or you can opt to receive an email each time a new post has been made.

If you want to start a new thread, just click the "New Thread" button on any page with a list of threads.

With regard to what to expect with MTG. The amount of growth varies from person to person. The range is anywhere from no extra growth to 1" per month extra growth. Most ladies get an average of 1/2" per month with no growth aids. The key is taking care of our hair so that we retain length by keeping the ends healthy.

While you are using MTG, it's important to make certain to use a very small amount, and not allow it to run onto your neck and/or face. A lot of people are allergic to sulphur, and get a rash. It would be a good idea to wash your hand, face, and neck after each application.

Take a look at kinicakes fotki. She was consistent with MTG usage, and had great results. I'm sure there are others, but she's the one that comes to mind.

I used it consistantly from Jan - April, but from May - August I chose not to use it so I could compare my growth for 4 months. I'll be taking new pics this weekend, and then I can see what the differenct was for MY hair. Either way, I'll start using it again around the end of Fall or beginning of Winter, because I need to use up the bottle that I have. After I've finished it, then I plan on ordering naturallady's BT.

SoulElegance

Thank you for the info. I notice that in two days of using MTG that my edges are very very soft. So its doing something. It also tingles so hopefully that means the hair follicles are finally waking the hell up. Well I will post back in a week or two and let all know if my edges are spurting back. I have a feeling they will grow in grey but thats ok. I can use some natural no chemical hair dye if that happens. For natural hair, skin, and household products go to site aubreys organics. I have decided not to use store sold products on my hair or black hair care products due to the fact that some of those products give black women breast cancer. The chemicals in this stuff that we purchase now adays are just too dangerous to be putting on anymore. If anyone would like a list of the black hair care products that cause the cancer just let me know and I will post the list. Also 100 percent PURE VIRGIN coconut oil on the skin, hair, cooking, internally works wonders. Of course if your allergic to coconut dont use any.

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/successstories.htm

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/coconut_oil.html

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/

DMCSHERIFF

I searched the search function like mad, found out everything I wanted to know and more about MTG, except this question: How often are you ladies applying MTG for optimal growth? Why (if you feel like answering).

I got my MTG the other night and I plan on applying it twice a week (straight no chaser) hoping I get an inch per month. I am gonna see how this works out before I purchase the big bottle. But I know one thing that is weird, my newgrowth is sooooft after I applied it to my scalp.

Anyways how often do you think one should use it to get the peak results?

ETA: Excuse the typos in the poll, I am always rushing.

MY ALOPECIA PICTURES THIS FROM MAY, JUNE, JULY & AUGUST 2007 FROM USING MY MIX OF BT & MTG EVERY NIGHT

Attachments

• DSCF0058.JPG
    DSCF0058.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF0063.JPG
    DSCF0063.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF0057.JPG
    DSCF0057.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF0081.JPG
    DSCF0081.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

curlyj

I apply everynight or sometimes everyother night. If I am concentrating on certain spot- its everynight. In mid-June a maxi'd and maxi'd again yesterday- my hair grew 1.75inches. My mom who is my hair growth buddy hair grew 2.25 inches. She doesnt use MTG- so go figure I guess it works for some...She did however, wear her natural hair in a bun for that time.

I love and use MTG frequently. I've used it for a full year and my hair is very strong and I dont think anyone would call my hair fine anymore. MTG RoCKS! I tried BT and exp. major shedding- may not have had anything to do with the excessive shedding, but I went back to MTG and everything is back to normal.

MuslimahTresses

I mix 3 parts BT to 1 part MTG. This also keeps the BT from solidifying. Thanks and you should give it a try, it really works on my alopecia that nothing seemed to fix.

Thanks alolt! I was jsut telling my mother about your progress. She has a really bad thinning spot at the crown of her head, so I hope this helps her out.

DMCSHERIFF

Thanks alolt! I was jsut telling my mother about your progress. She has a really bad thinning spot at the crown of her head, so I hope this helps her out.

Please let me know how your mother's progress with the BT and MTG.
I know it will work. Good luck.

SoulElegance

Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of the rash on my forehead. Its obviously a allergic reaction to either the MTG or the coconut oil I am applying to my face. I honesty think its the MTG. Got some on my forehead. How can i get rid of the rash?

Thanks.

SoulElegance

I dont mean that I put MTG on my face. lol. I put pure coconut oil on my face. So anyone wont get confused and start laughing and telling me MTG is not for the face.

GoldenBreeze

Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of the rash on my forehead. Its obviously a allergic reaction to either the MTG or the coconut oil I am applying to my face. I honesty think its the MTG. Got some on my forehead. How can i get rid of the rash?

Thanks.

You're probably allergic to sulphur, and may have to stop using MTG.

SoulElegance

Happy to say its not a allergic reaction. Just some of it would drip on my forehead and cause the rash. So now I am more careful and less heavy handed when applying it to my scalp. I am happy to report that the edges of my hair (where I thought I would never see any hair growth again) I am starting to see some hairs peeking out and growing. So I believe it is working. My braids are also becoming loser from using the MTG. My braids were braided really really tight that it would hold up for at least two months. Now they are getting a bit loser. So, I am happy with the small results I am seeing thus far.

SoulElegance

I have heard people speak of the shen min vitamin to enhance hair growth. Many swear by it. So what I did was do a bit of research in regard to whats in shen min. I then went into my bathroom and pulled out the daily mega vitamins I purchased last week and compared ingredients. My vitamins have the same ingredients (minus 2) that shen min has plus more. It also has biotin. I think anyone who is looking into vitamins for hair and health improvement should really take a look into the mega vitamin I purchased last week. They are also very inexpensive and I love the site where I got them from because they have lots of vitamins at a low cost. They have a sale going on right now. Buy one and get two free. Although when I purchased one bottle it was cheaper than what they are offering now. I guess they went up a bit due to the offer of getting two bottles free when you purchase one. I do not think they are going to have this offer much longer either. Good Luck.

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.as...CID=&CPID=1045

GoldenBreeze

Good advice SoulE. You're on the right track, and many ladies here are taking vitamens from Puritan, Vitamen Shoppe, and GNC. :yep: