MTG - Can't comb my hair now!!!

Well I just texturized my hair, and I must say my hair has really grown since I've been using this stuff! I got my hair cut above my ears in May, and it's already past my ears now. I can feel my hair on my neck too. I'll be back to shoulder length and beyond in no time! :grin:

mumble said:
i mix equal amounts into a bottle and add keracare essential oils to help with the smell, being geting fabulus results using the two :grin:

Mumble, sweetie thank you so much I will go home tonight and mix half and half and test it then thanks so much. Hey how often are you applying the mixture? Do you go by the surge directions twice a day or only on an as needed basis?

I must say this stuff really works.!! My hair feels like it is floating on my head from all the new growth, no swing, no bounce, no nothing!!!

I started using it 4 weeks post relaxer. I am now in week 6 and it feels like I should be at week 8. I cant wait until I perm it and start from scratch!

Doing great while using my MTG! I am almost 11 weeks post relaxer and waiting until 12 weeks post. I have 2 inches of new growth so far.....I should have started using this stuff sooner!

MTG stands for Mane & Tail Growth. It's an oil concoction consisting of a large concentration of sulfur. It was originally developed for human use then the maker stopped marketing it for humans and started marketing it to the equestrian industry to grow the mane and tails of horses. People have reported tremendous growth while using MTG and a lof of people have been using it on this board as a result.

Thanks SweetNic Ja,
I appreciate your help. I just wonder about the link in the beginning if it's the same MTG everyone else is purchasing?

High Priestess said:
Could someone please tell me what is MTGThanks
HP

It's Mane, Tail and Groom...

Are you guys sure this is safe for humans?

I doubt it's the same one that's in the store, HP.

BTW, is that you in your avatar? You don't appear to need any additional assistance for growth, girl! :)

Wow! I just finished the thread, and I'm almost TEMPTED to purchase it.

Are you SURE humans can use this safely? I don't want to apply it and wake up bald :)

Blossssom said:
It's Mane, Tail and Groom...

Are you guys sure this is safe for humans?

I doubt it's the same one that's in the store, HP.

BTW, is that you in your avatar? You don't appear to need any additional assistance for growth, girl! :)

Thanks Bloss,

I should have known better than to rely completely on my memory...

I definitely agree. If that's HP, she doesn't need ANYTHING else. That's a lot of hair.

SweetNic_JA said:
Thanks Bloss,

I should have known better than to rely completely on my memory...

I definitely agree. If that's HP, she doesn't need ANYTHING else. That's a lot of hair.

No problem, chick! :)

I posted also on a white hair board that I visit from time to time and asked there if anyone is familiar with MTG.

I'll let you know what they say... if anything ;)

HP needs to be SELLING hair! LOL! It's beautiful!

Blossssom said:
No problem, chick! :)

I posted also on a white hair board that I visit from time to time and asked there if anyone is familiar with MTG.

HP needs to be SELLING hair! LOL! It's beautiful!

Great idea Blosssom...about the hair board.
Thanks for the compliment about the avatar...I'd love it, but it's my hair length goal. Believe me, I've got a long way to go :eek:
My hair is only shoulder length..well, just touches my shoulders :-(

Sharing more stuff... also Gals,

I have pictures from when I first joined the LHCF, I'm just too bashful right now of them..
Maybe by using the MTG...'Yes" I bought the kit yesterday) if I see a difference, believe me, I will be the first to let you know...next to my husband that is...LOL

**Check it out, Sally's has it on sale "this week"(shampoo/cond/strength spray) all in one kit. They said many people had results and that they sell out of it pretty fast. I had to get it in Thousand Oaks.

I hope everyone here achieve their goals :)
*HP*

For those that want to know how MTG smell, go to the hair store and smell this stuff called Sulfur 8. It smells just like that.

SerenityBreeze said:
I must say this stuff really works.!! My hair feels like it is floating on my head from all the new growth, no swing, no bounce, no nothing!!!

I started using it 4 weeks post relaxer. I am now in week 6 and it feels like I should be at week 8. I cant wait until I perm it and start from scratch!

I totally agree,my hair has no bounce, I feel like a forest has grown underneath it, and I'm loving it :D I'm 4.5 weeks post relaxer and I've been using it since day 1, I plan on stretching till week 10-12 weeks, so still have at least another 5.5 weeks, I already have at least an inch, probably more because my hair is currently same length air dried as it was when I had it blow dried 4.5 weeks ago! Havent used any heat since then, or straightened it out with a flat iron. I'm going to a dominican hair salon this friday to get my hair blow dried, so I'll be able to see just how much growth I've had then (5 weeks post relaxer with MTG). I really need to upload my pics on fotki and stop being lazy bout it!

I just wanted to add my .02 cents. MTG works. I started using it in May/June a few times a week, but got discouraged when I didn't get an inch right away. I started using it again in late July, once a week, and then increased to about every other day now. All I know is my hair is growing. My family saw me in June and in July, and asked what I was doing. My hair is natural, so it may not look like it's growing to the naked eye. But when I twist my hair or stretch it out, I can see major change in length.

I don't use heat, but I can't wait to show my progress by doing an end of year blow out/flat iron. :clap:

Okay, I just left the white hair board and this is what a woman had to say:

There is no product that actually helps hair to grow. Most such claims are false.
Once the hair has exited the skin--the follicle--that's it.

What products actually do is clean the scalp, condition the hair to improve moisture and maintain porosity to hold on to applied moisture.

Scalp health is key: when it's optimum, this assists hair to grow.

About using animal shampoos and such. Yes, there are people who use them and seem to have success. However, it's really important to know that animal skin and human skin require a very different pH balance, and products for animals are designed such. I recently did speak to a woman who is a horse trainer, and she commented upon this. While there are some concepts that are similar for improving the tail and mane of a horse, these products do not work the same way for humans because of the very different pH balance.

If interested in improving your growth, work on keeping the scalp skin healthy from dandruff, too much buildup, a modicum of sebum flowing, stimulating the hair follicles through massages, wear the hair up or otherwise contained, carefully detangle with quality tools, and in particular, to avoid breakage and damage, keep the moisture content at a stable base. Also consider microtrims and the practice of dusting to avoid tangles and allow the hair to hang well when down.

SerenityBreeze said:
It is my understanding that MTG has very high levels of sulfer in it which stimulates the hair follicles -- This is why it works.

SerenityBreeze,
I'll agree...when I bought my MTG at Sally's this weekend, I asked a lot of questions about this product. The store keeper also mentioned that it's the sulfur (sodium chloride) that stimulates the hair follicles. She said that she used it in the past with great results. Also she said that this product was selling fast. When I purchased mine, there was only 2 kits left. HTH everyone.

Wildchild453 said:
I mix mine with Peppermint Oil and Eucalyptus Oil and I barely smell it
Hi,
May I ask if you are using the "Straight Arrow" brand? If not, what brand are you using that has a bad smell? I hope I did not buy the wrong one vs. what everyone else is buying.

High Priestess said:
Hi,
May I ask if you are using the "Straight Arrow" brand? If not, what brand are you using that has a bad smell? I hope I did not buy the wrong one vs. what everyone else is buying.

Excuse me for butting in but MTG (Mane-Tail-Groom) is by Shapeley's. It a liquid that contains cade oil and sulfur. That would be the one that stinks! :lol:
http://www.shapleys.com/omtg.html

High Priestess said:
SerenityBreeze,
I'll agree...when I bought my MTG at Sally's this weekend, I asked a lot of questions about this product. The store keeper also mentioned that it's the sulfur (sodium chloride) that stimulates the hair follicles. She said that she used it in the past with great results. Also she said that this product was selling fast. When I purchased mine, there was only 2 kits left. HTH everyone.

Sally's doesn't sell MTG. You probably bought Mane 'n Tail from there.

Blossssom said:
Okay, I just left the white hair board and this is what a woman had to say:

There is no product that actually helps hair to grow. Most such claims are false.
Once the hair has exited the skin--the follicle--that's it.

What products actually do is clean the scalp, condition the hair to improve moisture and maintain porosity to hold on to applied moisture.

Scalp health is key: when it's optimum, this assists hair to grow.

About using animal shampoos and such. Yes, there are people who use them and seem to have success. However, it's really important to know that animal skin and human skin require a very different pH balance, and products for animals are designed such. I recently did speak to a woman who is a horse trainer, and she commented upon this. While there are some concepts that are similar for improving the tail and mane of a horse, these products do not work the same way for humans because of the very different pH balance.

If interested in improving your growth, work on keeping the scalp skin healthy from dandruff, too much buildup, a modicum of sebum flowing, stimulating the hair follicles through massages, wear the hair up or otherwise contained, carefully detangle with quality tools, and in particular, to avoid breakage and damage, keep the moisture content at a stable base. Also consider microtrims and the practice of dusting to avoid tangles and allow the hair to hang well when down.

Well what she says and what my hair did are 2 different things. I have picture proof of MTG working for me, and that's all I need to know.

Back