Mtg And Build Up...ewww

asummertyme

i am taking down a weave that i have had in my hair for a month..i have been using the MTG liquid for a bout two weeks along with my regimne..now after taking down the weave..i had big ole dust knots at the root of my hair..i mixed the MTG with some olive oil..i know that MTG has some type of stuff at the bottom of the bottle that need to be shaken up..now that stuff does not get absorbed in the scalp so that leaves for alotta bulid up at the end of the braid/weave cycle..have any of u guiys expierence this..i dont like it at all..'
BTW..im braiding my hair now...i will post pics later..synthetic waist length..prolly will take me 2 days , maybe 3.....

I tried mixing a product w/ mtg with no success. It was too oily. I think Mtg has to be used by itself. The bottle says the product build up at the bottom must be shook to ensure that it is completely diluted. You can't do that if you mix the product with something else. JMHO. Happy growing.

Can someone tell me what's so special about this product? Is this not a shampoo, is this some kind of solution you have to use on your hair daily to work?

There are hundreds of posting specifically about MTG, but I will give my 2 cents. Shapley’s MTG is heavy oil that makes hair grow at a faster rate. It is advertised for use on animals, but the ingredients are safe for human use. The active ingredient is sulfur which, I think, is the stuff at the bottom of the container that people speak of. It is very oily and does not smell so good, but it makes hair grow faster, so they say. I was using it for a month or so and did notice new growth, but I am not sure if it was worth the stinky oiliness that goes along with it or if the new growth even seemed above average for me. I did notice that it prevented my scalp from itching under my braids which was a nice surprise.

I guess for some hair styles it is great. I had corn-rows in for a couple of weeks and it was easy to use and did not leave too much build up since I had my hair unbraided after a few weeks. But, I am not using it right now, because my hair seems to grow at a good average healthy rate and I prefer that my hair smell like shampoo and not overpower the smell of my body lotions or fragrances. Personally, the odor of the MTG just goes against my style. Some ladies have been successful in masking the smell with essential oils or by using it at night before bed to give it time air out. I was not so lucky -- I can still smell it. I use Indian oils in my hair, specifically, Bhringraj, and that helped, but I still found that I could smell the MTG over time.

You can order a sample size bottle if you ever wanted to give it a try.

HoneyDew said:
I use Indian oils in my hair, specifically, Bhringraj, and that helped, but I still found that I could smell the MTG over time.

HoneyDew,
Where do you buy your Indian oils and what other kind do you use?

Eiano said:
LMAO,
Why is that so funny to me. :)

Yeah it is funny. It is even funnier that when I was using it, my sweetie would make horse noises at me just out of the blue. Anyway, I don't use it anymore so no more stinkys. :)

asummertyme said:
i am taking down a weave that i have had in my hair for a month..i have been using the MTG liquid for a bout two weeks along with my regimne..now after taking down the weave..i had big ole dust knots at the root of my hair..i mixed the MTG with some olive oil..i know that MTG has some type of stuff at the bottom of the bottle that need to be shaken up..now that stuff does not get absorbed in the scalp so that leaves for alotta bulid up at the end of the braid/weave cycle..have any of u guiys expierence this..i dont like it at all..'
BTW..im braiding my hair now...i will post pics later..synthetic waist length..prolly will take me 2 days , maybe 3.....

I know what you are talking about. You are talking about the yellow sulfur at the bottom. I am currently wearing braids (which MTG are doing wonderfully on) but I do not get the buildup because I wash my hair frequently (at least 2-3xs a week- it is extremely hot and humid here. Today is suppose to be about 101- 105 degrees). All I can say is to wash frequently ( When braided, I would wash my weaves as well, just not as often- a similiar shampoo meth that is used in the Crown & Glory Braid Method.), when using MTG make sure you shake the bottle well, and use a sprayer that allows you to distribute the product evenly because too much in one particular area could also cause this type of build up. I wish you well and HTH. Happy growing :) !

Back