MSM for hair growth?

queenofmean68

I noticed a lot of folks have this supplement listed in their daily vitamin regimen. I'm thinking of adding MSM to my diet as well.
Did it boost your hair growth? Any success stories?

I read somewhere that it does. Usually the reports I read from people on this site is that It makes the hair softer and more manageable.

MSM actually did both for me.My growth rate probably doubled and my new growth turned from coarser kinks to softer waves.
However.this was only with a particular brand of MSM.I had tried other brands and they had no effect whatsoever.So I think the brand you use matters.

I use Kaire MSM Complex.It is expensive(about 23 dollars for a 1 month supply)and is not found in stores so you have to order it.
However, despite all this I think it is more than worth the money; I find nothing else has upped my growth rate and made my new growht as soft as this.
I thought it would be good if I could find something just as effective but cheaper so I switched to 6mg PP Biotin and B vitamins.I got no results.So I am back on Kaire from about 5 days ago(and I already have started getting new growth).
I am going to order 5 bottles soon...I just think if something is really worth it,the price shouldnt matter.
Here is the website if anyone wants to check it out www.kaire.com

Katie, it sounds really good. $23+ is about the going price of MSM 1000 mg powder The Vitamin Shoppe brand - although I got it on their 50%-off sale - so I wouldn't mind paying that much at all for this, even though the powder probably lasts more than one month.

What I like about this brand is that it's got Vitamin C which is the supplement MSM works best with.
up.gif
And your review is also very encouraging. Thank you for sharing.

Where can I buy this? I went to the website and I didn't see it but it looks like you can only get the products from a distributor.

Good question, Queenofmean. I was wondering the same thing when I went to the website but forgot to ask.
nuts.gif

lwilliam, here's the page with the product and I believe you order by phone. The number is at the top of the pricelist page .

If anyone wnats to buy it I would suggest just buying one bottle for the first time(that's what I did) since it is not cheap and I know I wouldnt want to be stuck with a whole bunch of useless pills.
The females in my family have all used it and found it to be amazing ....but you never know.What works for some may not be so great for all.

Im am currently taking GNC 1000mg MSM powdered capsule. I take 2 a day and it really making my hair grow in faster. I have been taking it for almost 2 months now

I'm currenly taking a new supplement called Maxi-hair that I purchased at a health food store. MSM is one of the important ingredients on the front of the label. I think you have to find a brand and stick with it. One of the brands I take recommends taking a supplement for at least 3 months for optimum results.

There has been so many posts regarding MSM and people going relaxer free while using MSM. I happen to be one of them. It has made my hair grow faster, softer, and more manageable. You should look up some of the success stories and horror stories posted on MSM. I suggest that you first talk to a pharmacist to get professional input before you use it.

Back