MSM Can Be Used Topically

NYLegalNewbie

Well, that's what I was told today and what I've found online.

I was out hunting for powdered sulfur, and went into this store called InVite. I told them that I was looking for some sulfur to use in a hair concoction :grin: The guy at the store said that the only kind they had was MSM, which could also be applied topically. I was like, "Huh?? I thought that was the kind that you ingest only." He was like, "No. You can ingest it AND it can be applied topically. It's organic sulfur."

I'm going to try it out in a new hair concoction that I've decided to make - jojoba oil, peppermint, rosemary, Vitamin E plus some of this powdered MSM. I'm going to do a small patch test to see if there's any kind of reaction.

MrsHouston

this sounds wonderful...i often add the powder msm to my spray bottle. what's the name of the one you have.

I was out hunting for powdered sulfur, and went into this store called InVite. I told them that I was looking for some sulfur to use in a hair concoction :grin: The guy at the store said that the only kind they had was MSM, which could also be applied topically. I was like, "Huh?? I thought that was the kind that you ingest only." He was like, "No. You can ingest it AND it can be applied topically. It's organic sulfur."

I'm going to try it out in a new hair concoction that I've decided to make - jojoba oil, peppermint, rosemary, Vitamin E plus some of this powdered MSM. I'm going to do a small patch test to see if there's any kind of reaction.

Candy_C

msm is very good topically

if you mix it with oil it wont dissolve

so its better to use on wet hair as maybe an oil rinse or on water spritz hair

:)

NYLegalNewbie

if you mix it with oil it wont dissolve

so its better to use on wet hair as maybe an oil rinse or on water spritz hair

:)

Girl, it's funny you mention that. I found that out the hard way. LOL!!!

To combat this, I took a small amount of MSM and dissolved it with a little bit of water. I then added it to the oil. Not sure if this is going to "get it," but we'll see :grin:

hothair

weird you mentioned this, I just saw an MSM cream I ALMOST bought but trying to curb my PJ-ism, I already added sulphur powder to my shower gel...