Motions Salon Herbals Relaxer and Roux Porosity Control

BamaBelle

I've got two quick questions about these products:

1. Has anyone used the Motions Salon Herbals Aloe Butter Relaxer (Green jar)? How did you like it? How is this relaxer different from others you have tried (particularly Affirm and/or Mixani)?

2. The directions on the bottle of the Roux Porosity Control says to apply the product to "damp" hair. I admit, I like the idea of this because then I can see which areas are underprocessed and make adjustments. I've read previous threads which have said to apply PC on dry hair and only to the areas you do not wish to be relaxed. Has anyone applied it - successfully - to damp hair? What are your thoughts?

Many thanks in advance, ladies.

NewYorkgyrl

When I was relaxing my hair I used Motions Salon Herbals and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It got my hair straight and silky very easily and my hair was always moisturized. And I was not into putting oils or any creme on my ends at the time and my hair was doing great. Last November I decided to try Affirm (a relaxer that some praise on this board). Let's just say what works for some.....................(you know the rest)
Affirm ruined my hair! It was never the same since that relaxer. I used the lye (which is what motions is) and it made my hair soooo dry and I did not like how it looked either. That made my final decision in transitioning and I have not looked back since.

Many women on this board give Motions relaxers a bad review but it was the best relaxer for me.

BamaBelle

NewYorkgyrl said:
When I was relaxing my hair I used Motions Salon Herbals and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It got my hair straight and silky very easily and my hair was always moisturized. And I was not into putting oils or any creme on my ends at the time and my hair was doing great. Last November I decided to try Affirm (a relaxer that some praise on this board). Let's just say what works for some.....................(you know the rest)
Affirm ruined my hair! It was never the same since that relaxer. I used the lye (which is what motions is) and it made my hair soooo dry and I did not like how it looked either. That made my final decision in transitioning and I have not looked back since.

Many women on this board give Motions relaxers a bad review but it was the best relaxer for me.

Thanks so much, NewYorkGyrl! I am currently using Affirm (texturized) Sensitive and Dry Scalp Formula and I must say, I have experienced some dry ends (in maybe 4 patches, not all over :confused: ). I've trimmed/cut the ends and am basically starting over. I'm looking for a relaxer that is mild enough (even though I'm going to use the mild formulation) to apply slowly, carefully, and relax to my desired wavyness.

Last edited:

lonei

I've used motions for the past 2 years and I HATE it. It leaves me extremely underprocessed and I have major matting/detangling issues.

NewYorkgyrl

BamaBelle said:
Thanks so much, NewYorkGyrl! I am currently using Affirm (texturized) Sensitive and Dry Scalp Formula and I must say, I have esperienced some dry ends (in maybe 4 patches, not all over :confused: ). I've trimmed/cut the ends and am basically starting over. I'm looking for a relaxer that is mild enough (even though I'm going to use the mild formulation) to apply slowly, carefully, and relax to my desired wavyness.

When I was relaxing I used the mild formula as well. It got my hair straight in a little bit of time. My hair never has a problem getting straight tha tis why I ALWAYS use to use MILD.

BamaBelle

NewYorkgyrl said:
When I was relaxing I used the mild formula as well. It got my hair straight in a little bit of time. My hair never has a problem getting straight tha tis why I ALWAYS use to use MILD.

Thanks for the heads-up, NYG! I returned the Motions relaxer and went back to my old college staple: Mizani. I thought back on when my hair was the healthiness (not necessarily the longest) and my stylist at the time used Mizani products almost exclusively. So, I picked up a Sensitive Scalp formula Rhelaxer and I'll let y'all know how it goes... I will try to post photos...