more nutrition information

beawo

Ingredients
apples
Naturally occurring in apples, malic acid is a moisturiser in small quantities: in higher quantities, it is an exfoliant.

bananas
Banana is a great moisturiser and conditioning agent for dry, brittle hair. It is a natural source of protein, calcium, phosphorous and potassium.

basil
The leaves of this herb contain an aromatic camphor-bearing oil, which is said to relieve mild nervous tension, headaches and nausea. Basil is an excellent cleanser and tonic, and works especially well on oily skin and hair.

black beans
Black bean puree is rich in protein, potassium and iron - it is a good conditioner for the scalp and skin.

burdock
Mineral rich burdock is antibacterial and regulates sebum, promoting hair growth. As an astringent, it is also used to treat dandruff.

carrots
The carrot is a herbaceous plant containing about 87% water, rich in minerals and vitamins. Carrots are well know for their anti-anemic, diuretic and sedative properties. Carrot seed oil is especially useful on dry scalp and hair conditions.

cucumbers
The juice of the cucumber has been used by Italian women throughout history to soften skin, while also removing blemishes and wrinkles. Cucumber is also known for its relaxing properties which soothe swollen and tired tissues.

damaina
Most often used in formulas for weight loss, increased endurance and muscle mass gain, damainna fortifies the hair shaft and offers high hold and shine.

dandelion
Extracts of dandelion root benefit the skin and scalp as a refreshing tonic.

echinacea
When used as a tonic, this plant can soothe the scalp and hair.

evening primrose
The seed of this wildflower is said to help control eczema and high blood pressure.

golden seal
Historically, extracts of the golden seal plant were used topically to treat skin irritations.

hops
Hops is an excellent sedative used to induce restful sleeping. Used for its conditioning properties, hops is beneficial to the hair and skin.

horsetail
An excellent herb for the hair, horsetail contains high levels of amino acids, phtysterols and silica. It is purported to strengthen and condition hair; as well as regulate oil production of both the skin and hair.

hyssop
This mildly anti-viral herb makes an excellent tea to treat the common cold; extracts of hyssop soothe the digestive tract and mucous membranes, offering relief from sore throats. These healing attributes enable hyssop to be used within moisturising styling agents.

lemongrass
In the form of an oil, lemongrass has antiseptic, astringent and stimulating properties. It is said to enhance fullness, body and shine of the hair.

licorice
Licorice root helps to soothe sensitive skin; it contains lecithin, protein, and vitamins B and E.

milk protein
High in calcium and vitamins, milk has been used for centuries as a soothing cleanser.

mixed greens: watercress, alfalfa sprouts, parsley
Watercress has been used as part of beauty regimens for centuries - offering treatment from hair loss, skin blemishes and lice. Alfalfa contains high levels of chlorophyll, protein and vitamins A, B, C, D and E. Parsley is said to be soothing to hair and skin and adds lustre.

nettles
A very nourishing herb, nettle contains amino acids, minerals and vitamins. Both a tonic and an antifungal, it also stimulates circulation at the scalp, which is beneficial to new hair growth.

oat flour
Oats contain a colloid that soothes the skin, while acting as a cleanser and exfoliant. Contains vitamins B and E.

oat straw
Containing naturally high levels of silica, oat straw extract imparts shine and softness to hair.

olive oil
Rich in protein and minerals, olive oil imparts a non-greasy emollience and shine to hair. High in vitamin E and antioxidants, it softens and conditions the skin.

orange peel
Orange oil is both an emollient and astringent, toning oily skin and imparting a healthy shine to hair.

parsley
Parsley is high in minerals and vitamins. Both antimicrobial and a tonic, it is healing, cleansing and soothing. When rubbed on the scalp, parsley oil reportedly stimulates hair growth.

pears
Pear puree is a good source of sorbitol - a natural sugar. It is also used as a humectant that moisturises and softens skin.

red clover
Tonics made from the blossoms of red clover work as a muscle relaxer, an expectorant and as a remedy for eczema.

sage
This herb has purifying anntimicrobial, cleansing and astringent properties. Sage is used as a conditioner for the hair and scalp.

http://www.hairandbody.co.uk/shop/system/index.html

adrienne0914

i'm confused how i would apply some of these, beawo. i'm guessing that i'd steep some of the herbs then use in a rinse. however, with the apple or banana, would i grind it up and wear under a plastic cap? the link that you provided showed up as a blank page on my computer... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

adrienne

beawo

Sorry for taking so long to reply. What I do is I make a tea out of ingredients that I think might assist with hair growth. I drink horsetail tea with other herbs as it contains silica. I am sorry the site is not working, try this it should work:

http://www.hairandbody.co.uk

NYCchild

Hi Amillion, how i make a rinse and (this is what Adrienne probably does too) is just to steep the herbs - u know like u are making tea with hot water (like with teabags) then u strain off the herbs to just get the fluid/liquid. Then let it cool and pour on head/scalp.

hope that helped and i didnt confuse u /images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

Be blessed /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Terri

A

AmilLion

Okay, I understand that much. Help me to understand, when do you pour this onto your scalp? Before you shampoo, to rinsh shampoo from your hair, after the deep conditioner? Help! lol.

What are the benefits of using these forms of rinses? What do you notice different?

NYCchild

I pour it onto my scalp after i rinse out my shampoo and try to massage it in for a minute or so.
im currently using the Aubrey Organics rosemary and sage rinse and it keeps my scalp clean and leave a nice tingly feeling. its sold tru vitaminshoppe.com or at any healthfood store also www.aubreyorganics.com

hope that helped /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Terri

hada7

AHHHh HAA!!

It was the nettles. I had started back on nettles a couple of weeks ago, I did notice some of that "crawling circulation" on my scalp with a slight warmth to it. It did feel good. I will stick to it since it helps with circulation of the scalp.

Hada

beawo

Yeah just use it as a rinse. I think what it does is it helps relax the muscles surrounding the hair folicle, thats why rosemary is usually recommended for hair growth. Furthermore, it also explains why your hair grows faster in summer because you the muscles around the follicles are relaxed whereas in winter it contracts due to the the cold weather (goosebumps).

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Sorry for taking so long to reply. What I do is I make a tea out of ingredients that I think might assist with hair growth. I drink horsetail tea with other herbs as it contains silica.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beawo,

How do you find the horsetail tea with your hair growth and shine. How much and how often do you drink it?

Thanks for posting the info.

beawo

With the horsetail apparently as you already know its good for hair health (making it soft and shiney). I haven't noticed any big changes in my body, but i know my body needs it. It may make your hair grow faster, as everyone has different nutritional requirements. For example everyone goes on about biotin and msm, I have used it and it didn't make an ounce of a difference on my hair growth. I am yet to find the vitamin which assists my hair in growing as fast as some people on this board (i.e 1 inch a month)

I think washing my hair more often makes my hair grow more if anything and the hot summers we get in Australia.