Moisturizing before a relaxer

soslychic

I'm getting a relaxer tomorrow and I don't know how to moisturize my hair before then. Do you guys just follow your normal routine and be sure not to get any water on your scalp? I've read that your scalp will be on fire if it comes in contact with water like 2-3 days before the relaxer. Hence, the no washing day right before relaxer rule. So how do you all moisturize your hair before a relaxer?

CrownnGlori

I'm getting one today. I didn't moisterize my scalp but for the last couple of days I lubricated with oil. It really prevented any burning or scabs the last time. I did moisterize the hair with scurl to keep it soft and smelling fresh. I haven't washed since Sunday.

debyjay

Castor oil on the scalp -- try not to get it on the new growth as you'll have to sit a bit longer with the relaxer. I am also getting a relaxer tomorrow and like CrownnGlori I have been moisturizing all week with S-curl since my wash on Sunday.

Britt

For the last 3 or 4 touchups I have been applying castor oil to my scalp prior to getting a touch-up and it really does a great job at lubricating my scalp and new growth.

newgrowth

ive experimented with my hair and found if i wash my hair a day prior my hair did burn VERY badly. if i washed it two full days prior to a touchup, my scalp doesnt burn at all.
i always wash my hair two days prior and lubricate my scalp with olive oil.

It depends on the person. i dont ever like going to the shop without having my hair thoroughly cleansed. as some have experienced, stylist dont wash your hair like you would. its nothen worse then have'n a great style/a nice flat iron, but you scalp is suffering from buildup. YUCK!

akua

that's exactly why i like to do my own retouches. I find that the stylists do not give a good wash at all.

ms_kenesha

I like toapply jojoba oil on my scalp, the castor oil was too thick and made my newgrowth tangled and my hair underprocessed.