Mizani shows the different types of hair

vpoetic

I know that there are many people on this forum who aren't quite sure what hair pattern they have, so I though I would share this Mizani hair type graph. The only thing is that they don't go by type (a,b,c, d) but I find it to be easier to understand.
http://www.mizani-usa.com/?m=86&rid=300

I don't like how they don't show any tight coils. It seems like the 3 tightest hair types they show are on manipulated hair. Plus what exactly is "afro medium" and "afro distinct"?

I don't like how they don't show any tight coils. It seems like the 3 tightest hair types they show are on manipulated hair. Plus what exactly is "afro medium" and "afro distinct"?

Yeah, a lot of the hair looks dry and frizzy. I think their explanations are somewhat better though (despite the "afro medium" and "afro distinct").

It's the beginning of the next sentence. It's 'medium coils close to the scalp" for loose afro and "distinct, springy coils closer to scalp" for tight afro

Wow thanks for posting this!. This is the first chart that I have seen I felt like I could relate to.

Maybe we DO need a simplified system, I can see how this can work.

Sometimes I feel like we're friggin scientists trying to examine, measure ad compare individual hairs down to a fraction of an inch. It's very interesting, but is it even necessary? I dunno.

However, I'm not 100% sure what my type would be under this system either :blush::lachen: I'm gonna go with very coiled/VII

I also don't get the grows up and away from scalp, then coils thing. Who's (kinky) hair does that?

Plus all the pictures are on fluffed out hair.. not really showcasing texture.

:sigh:

I dunno.

I give up. lol :giveup:

I like this, thanks OP. I'm the type 8. I had no idea that my hair has a raised cuticle and minimal return when stretched.

i have a mix between curly and very curly. mostly very curly lmao. it is easier to understand but somethings off about it. like they dont show all the types in between or something.

6,7, and 8 all look kinda the same to me. 6 looks blown out and picked out. 7 looks combed and stretched out. 8 looks combed out with something like S-curl and then patted into shape.

Back