Mini twists and swimming

Naturelie

Hi girls!
I had mini braids, took them down and installed mini twists. I will go on the beach on next sunday and don't want to miss the opportunity to have a sea bath because of my hair. But...wet mini twists mean shrinkage, shrinkage means tangles and tangles mean breakage. Obviously, I would like to avoid all that and I would like to enjoy the sea...What can I do?? I wanted to keep my twist strechted by placing them in two big pigtails? What do you think about it?
Thanks in advance!

faithVA

Can you successfully wash your hair in twists?

You can put your hair in pigtails, put the twists in cornrows or band them. After you come out of that water though you will need to shampoo and condition your hair to get that salt water out.

If you can keep your hair out of the water that would be a good thing. Maybe you can wear a plastic cap and a cap or a sun hat of some sort. If you are swimming maybe you can wear a plastic cap and a swim cap.

Naturelie

Can you successfully wash your hair in twists?

You can put your hair in pigtails, put the twists in cornrows or band them. After you come out of that water though you will need to shampoo and condition your hair to get that salt water out.

If you can keep your hair out of the water that would be a good thing. Maybe you can wear a plastic cap and a cap or a sun hat of some sort. If you are swimming maybe you can wear a plastic cap and a swim cap.

faithVA
Thanks for the tips. I think I will make pigtails. But once I'll be in the sea, I think it will be difficult not to wet my hair (I guess I'll want to dive). I'll clarify my hair once I'll get home.

I used to keep my hair in mini twists for two months so I used to wash it several times. But I ended up having tangles (and a few breakage during the take down but the retention was still significant). I've not done that for a while and I'm afraid of the detangling session that will follow. Moreover my mini twists will be two weeks old on sunday and I wanted to keep them another two weeks.

Jobwright

My Dd has mini twists and they are perfect for all this summer time water activity. I clarify, cowash, dc, everything with thentwists. I do suggest basting your hair in conditioner and oil before water activity and clarifying/chelating once done with the water. Putting the hair in ponytails would be great too. That keeps the twists from twisting on themselves in the water because once they dry, even if you coat with conditioner, you could have some tangles especially at the root. But the pony tails will help in keeping the hair in place at the root where most tangles happen...in my opinion. HTH