Mini tutorial: Making Faux Bangs!

I finally made some. My daugter said I look like I did in my wedding picture:blush::lachen:- I think she was trying to say I look younger in a nice way:look:.

fauxbangsa.jpg

fauxbangsb.jpg

WOW! I was just trying to talk myself into getting blunt bangs, but I didn't want to cut my hair. Thanks so much for this idea, OP, I will be trying this out when I get my next relaxer.

This is a fab idea, and I CANNOT believe I haven't seen this thread before. I have been wanting to make some fake bangs (bought the snap clips and everything), but I couldn't figure it out, and I would have never thought of making a second pair attached to a headband. Thanks so much!

GodsPromises said:
pookaloo83 did you sew the hair piece into the hairband and what type of hair and band did you use? Any other suggestions would be great also.

Whoa! This thread is a throwback! :lachen:

I used a goody ouch less head band. The kind of wide ones. Not the skinny ones we do puffs with.

I glued it on the head band. And I used some of my sisters old hair. She's the weave queen.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

pookaloo83 Thank girl, I know this was old, I went seaching as I have been wearing high buns and needed something for my forehead. This would work perfect. What kind of glue did you use. Hair glue or regular glue. I don't know nothing about weave hair so I guess I will have to figure that out.

Whoa! This thread is a throwback! :lachen:

I used a goody ouch less head band. The kind of wide ones. Not the skinny ones we do puffs with.

I glued it on the head band. And I used some of my sisters old hair. She's the weave queen.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

very cute...thanks for the idea, i love bangs until i cut them and then i hate them..this seems like my solution

I don't flat iron my hair, only wear it in braid-outs.
I'm wondering how I could make this work with natural hair......perhaps a side sweep.

Back