Milk powder in hair products

Kranbery

Hi,

I was considering using Burt's Bees milk and shea butter body soap as a shampoo, but I heard milk loosens the curl. However, I don't know if it is the same for milk powder. Do you think the soap will loosen my curls? I really don't want it to, but the ingredients sound really moisturizing. What do you think?

Ingredients:Glycine soja (soybean) oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, elaeis guineensis (palm) oil, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, fragrance, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), non-fat dry milk, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract

msa

I don't think you have to worry. It's not in the first 5 ingredients (they usually make up the bulk of the product). And, usually milk has to be combined with another acid to make it have that curl loosening effect. For example, I used coconut milk by itself as a conditioner for the longest and it didn't do anything to my curls but the coconut milk and lime treatment is popular with a lot of people because it seems to have a "relaxer" type effect.