Michael Baisden (98.7 Kissfm in NY) topic of discussion is hair ON AIR NOW

RabiaElaine

One stylist just came on talking about growing our hair long. She said that African American women can grow their hair long if they want to, she said it starts with healthy hair. She actually said she won't put in a weave!

Anyway, just thought I'd let you ladies know in case any of you wanted to list in. I think the show is nationally syndicated.

Shoot! I have a battery operated radio at work and the batteries are dead! (It's a shower radio that that operates battery only and had bad reception in my bathroom) I don't think Kiss airs online either!

They are still talking about it ( i think they will be talking about it for the rest of the show until 7pm).

No they don't have it online unfortunately!!

They were just talking about outrageous hair styles and weaves. I'm surprised by the amount of hairdressers that have called in saying they either won't do weaves or do them very minimally.

Dang, I was going to suggest going directly to www.michaelbaisden.com but he now charges $5.95/month to listen online:eek: You can get the first month free but you have to register using a credit card or check. I'm leaving work in 5 minutes so I guess I'll tune into the local station that carries his program in Atlanta.

lmjenk67 said:
Dang, I was going to suggest going directly to www.michaelbaisden.com but he now charges $5.95/month to listen online:eek: You can get the first month free but you have to register using a credit card or check. I'm leaving work in 5 minutes so I guess I'll tune into the local station that carries his program in Atlanta.

:perplexed

lmjenk67 said:

Who carries his show in Atlanta?

ETA: Nevermind, I found it. 102.5FM

lmjenk67 said:
Yeah I used to listen online all the time but now that hes charging, I wont be doing that anymore. Its too bad cuz I love his show, just not enough tp pay $6 a month to hear it!

You can listen to it online for free. I forgot the name of the station. I listen to their gospel show at work in the morning but Michael comes on in the evening.

HA!!! My mom was just telling me about this and I saw this thread. I wish that I would have heard it, sounded interesting...

I was wondering the same thing when I was listening earlier on the way home. He was talking about how women don't need the clown makeup and the mr ed weaves then I didn't really hear much else... :confused:

I was listening and that show was wild!

Some things had me rolling like the hairstylist who said that she would put outrageous weave styles in her clients hair for the money. Then, when there were a lot of hairstylists who called in and said that they wouldn't, she called back in support of the weave stylists. Everybody who was around me listening, myself included, said in unison, "That's the same woman!" :rofl: We were surprised that no one from Michael Baisden's show said anything about that.

Some of the comments were sad, like the "mail box black" comment. :(

One woman who called in was putting down women who get glued in weave and called them cheap. She proudly, said that hers is sewn in weave. :confused:

baglady215 said:
:lachen: Too funny!
Mestiza said:
One woman who called in was putting down women who get glued in weave and called them cheap. She proudly, said that hers is sewn in weave. :confused:

I was shaking my head at her comments! :nono: Then, I just had to laugh, too! How can someone be a weave snob if that person's wearing weave, too? I mean, really! :lachen:

Last edited:
I only caught a snippet. This stylist from New York had just moved to Atlanta and was amazed at the number of poor quality weaves. She said that if your tracks show 3 blocks away, take it out!!

Back