Bug Mentions

An_gell

Hi! I think there might be a bug with the mentions, because I keep getting notifications and no one is mentioning me. I just went from 20 mentions to about 41 within the last hour. Don't know what's goin on but thought I would let you know.

An_gell

LOL! I know yall dat wuz weird, I didn't know what was goin on I went from 20 to 51 mentions in 1 day..that's crazy it appears to have stopped though.

Forever in Bloom

Yep, me too. I've been running around this forum trying to figure out what is being 'mentioned', and thinking, "Wow, this person must be really bored to mention me when I'm only in one active thread :look: Am I that cool?

anon123

Yeah, I keep getting mention notifications but there are no new mentions. I'll have 1, 4, 18 new mentions and nothing will be new.

Nonie

I think that happens if someone mentions you then edits the post soon after. I've seen that happen and then I've PMed someone to ask whether they had said sth to me and they said they had and then edited it because they realized what they were going to say was already covered.

I mentioned all of you then edited the post...so I don't know how it shows up for you.

anon123

I think that happens if someone mentions you then edits the post soon after. I've seen that happen and then I've PMed someone to ask whether they had said sth to me and they said they had and then edited it because they realized what they were going to say was already covered.

I mentioned all of you then edited the post...so I don't know how it shows up for you.

Yeah, I did get a mention from you. Hmm, that's annoying though. And why did I get 18 in one day? :lol:

Nonie

Yeah, I did get a mention from you. Hmm, that's annoying though. And why did I get 18 in one day? :lol:

:lol: mwedzi It's that hair! It's so pretty that folks start saying something to you then they suddenly feel like they are not worthy and chicken out. :lol:

Nonie

mwedzi, Aireen, Forever in Bloom, @wyrd_way, An_gell, @ijanel

I have confirmed that mentions alert are indeed not working right. Yes, I realize editing can change it as I said, but after seeing 6 mentions and finding there was only one in my mentions list and the rest were mine, I did a search for Nonie and sho nuff there were mentions that never showed up.

So dimopoulos, can you please fix this? I wonder if it's a case of there being a max to the number of mentions you can have in your "file"...kinda like how an inbox can get full and no more messages can come through? :scratchch

In the meantime guys a search for @yourname might help.

Aireen

Nonie, this one worked but I'm still getting mentions that don't seem to exist. Sometimes dating back from a post I've already checked or notifying ME when I mentioned someone. :look: I think having a max amount of mentions is a little counterintuitive.

pookaloo83

What happens is say I mention Nonie. If Aireen quotes the post that I mentioned Nonie in it re-mentions her. if 18 people quote the post I mentioned Nonie in, Nonie will get 18 mentions. I don't know why it does that but that's the way it goes.

I can get mentioned from a 6 month old post. That's because someone quoted the post I was mentioned in.

Nonie

What happens is say I mention @Nonie. If @Aireen quotes the post that I mentioned Nonie in it re-mentions her. if 18 people quote the post I mentioned Nonie in, Nonie will get 18 mentions. I don't know why it does that but that's the way it goes.

I can get mentioned from a 6 month old post. That's because someone quoted the post I was mentioned in.

pookaloo83 Yeah, I've noticed that too...and that is a pain, too. But the case I'm referring to is where like Southerncity mentions me in this post and while I got an alert that I had a mention somewhere, if you look at my lists of mentions, there's no listing of the fact that she was one of them. I only found it by doing a search for "Nonie".

That led me to think that mwedzi did indeed get 18 mentions and some just never showed up. Maybe if the mention is an "afterthought" as in added later, it doesn't show up in alerts? Maybe?

Nonie

@Nonie, this one worked but I'm still getting mentions that don't seem to exist. Sometimes dating back from a post I've already checked or notifying ME when I mentioned someone. :look: I think having a max amount of mentions is a little counterintuitive.

:yep: That's what I am realizing now too. Can you check to see if those are posts that were edited? I wonder if mentions don't perhaps go out on first post and then edits just don't really show up? :scratchch

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I get a mention notification when I mention someone else...the notification shows up as though I'm mentioning myself.

snillohsss

I don't get any mentions, even when see someone has mentioned me. The only way I see mentions now is if I go back to the thread.

Nonie

snillohsss did you get this one?

I just recently found out that there's a mention icon on the Advanced posting page that you can click on after highlighting the name of person you want to mention and it is supposed to act the same way as type @ right before the person's name. It's a bit of a pain to use because first you have to have the name of the person in place, then you have to highlight the name then click on it. :wallbash: Anyway, I mention that because I'm wondering if that mightn't be where the problem of alerts not showing up lies? I know when I type @ and the name, the mention feature seems to work. I don't know if it works well if I go back and add the mention after posting...and I do wonder if it works when one uses that icon. :scratchch I wish dimopoulos would tell us what's up. :ohwell:

Nonie

@mwedzi, I just discovered something else about the mention feature: if someone quotes a post in which you mentioned someone, if they don't mention you, you will get the alert that doesn't show up. That's the glitch!

anon123

@mwedzi, I just discovered something else about the mention feature: if someone quotes a post in which you mentioned someone, if they don't mention you, you will get the alert that doesn't show up. That's the glitch!

Ooooooh! Are you in IT? If not, you should be! So when I quoted you just now, did you get a mention? I edited the post and am saving again, so did you get 2 mentions?

Nonie

Ooooooh! Are you in IT? If not, you should be! So when I quoted you just now, did you get a mention? I edited the post and am saving again, so did you get 2 mentions?

Argh, no I didn't get a mention at all and no I am not in IT and clearly shouldn't be. :( (I was so sure I had nailed it :wallbash: )

Unless... :scratchch Nikos realized this and fixed it pronto. If so, boo! Why can't he let me be great?

J/K on that last line :lachen: I'd be grateful if he fixed it.