Mega Mess and I'm Miffed!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I am very bothered by the news of the Pastor Ted Haggard and the report of both drugs and sexual sin.

Gee Whiz !!! Okay, I'm actually angry, because he knew better!!! I don't want to take up for him nor do I want to pray for him right now. He knew what he was doing. He preached about this mess enough, so he knew it was wrong. I don't want to hear about struggles, weaknesses and other excuses. He knew and he was still messing around.

The truth of the matter is that his life is not his own to do as he pleases. When Mega ministers of Mega churches do err, it becomes a Mega spill over into the entire body of Chirst and it becomes Mega news.

They're at a radio station having a 'hey-day' with voice mail recordings of calls made by Pastor Haggard to the man who dropped the dime on him. The media is all too happy about this event. :(

I know that any church size can err, and that it still affects us as a body. But the bigger the Church/Ministry, the bigger the Mess of the Press. It just a Mega Mess !!! And I'm Miffed! :sad:

Angels, I'm sorry to vent like this, surely it wasn't to offend anyone. I've been sad since hearing this news last night and now I'm in the next phase...disappointment and anger. :( I came running to each of you. :yep:

My head is resting upon each of your shoulders, and I am almost in tears because I'm so sad about this news in the Church. I don't like the way I'm feeling right now. I'm both angry and sad.

I love you, all here.

Last edited:
I saw the first snippet of this last night and was like whaaaat?! I watched the news today and really was upset. The thing that bothers me most about this is how many people will be turned off to true Christianity because of the decisions made by one, AND how one man's mess makes us as a body, look bad. That to me is the real agenda behid this. I'm miffed too Shimmie.

I think this is part of the mass exposing of hypocrites in the Christian faith. Let's face it...when you stand up in the pulpit and preach against things that you are doing, it will be brought to light.

This man was a big part of the opposition to gays and gay marriage in his state (not debating on that), so him being involved in this stuff is certainly ironic.

Of course nobody is without sin, and we're all human, but when you stand in front of thousands of people as a leader, and advise the President of the US, you have to have some integrity. If you fall, step down from your position and deal with it. You can't continue to lead people, all the while praying your own mess doesn't come out.

Sadly, I think we will see more of this in the future. I feel most sorry for the man's family and congregation.

Miz Jackson said:
I saw the first snippet of this last night and was like whaaaat?! I watched the news today and really was upset. The thing that bothers me most about this is how many people will be turned off to true Christianity because of the decisions made by one, AND how one man's mess makes us as a body, look bad. That to me is the real agenda behid this. I'm miffed too Shimmie.

Everything you said... :yep:

See, I know I'm not perfect. Gee whiz, Jesus has a time with me. And I know that all sin is sin. But there is still a degree of responsibility. And I'm not in the mood to 'comfort' this man by way of taking up for him by quoting, the console and forgive your brother when he falls' cliches'. I'm very angry, because he did not have to do this.

God says to whom much is given, much is required. He has been given the gift of very much; he was entrusted with much in God's ministry, yet he should have gone into counsel years ago and stepped down until his struggles were dealt with. But he continued in this mess. What bothers me is that this may have been going on much longer than has been reported.

But I want to hold back, because I'm speaking from anger right now and I don't want to say the wrong things. But yet, there are some things that need to be said among us. We have to pray, yes, for the Body needs to be in prayer. Too many lives have been affected by this. I'm so sad for is wife. She has more than family and neighbors to deal with, literally the entire world, for this man is too well known. May the God of our Peace hover over each them and each of us. Let God's will be done.

And it is God's will being done by this coming out into the open, for God says that He will not contend wit us forever. Enough is enough. I wish this man no harm, but I am upset by this...I am truly miffed. :(

Thanks for hearing me out, Miz Jackson. :kiss: Hugs to you, angel. Again, I'm sorry for venting...

lauren450 said:
I think this is part of the mass exposing of hypocrites in the Christian faith. Let's face it...when you stand up in the pulpit and preach against things that you are doing, it will be brought to light.

This man was a big part of the opposition to gays and gay marriage in his state (not debating on that), so him being involved in this stuff is certainly ironic.

Of course nobody is without sin, and we're all human, but when you stand in front of thousands of people as a leader, and advise the President of the US, you have to have some integrity. If you fall, step down from your position and deal with it. You can't continue to lead people, all the while praying your own mess doesn't come out.

Sadly, I think we will see more of this in the future. I feel most sorry for the man's family and congregation.

Lauren, your words are so true. You and Miz Jackson are speaking my heart.

But am I wrong to feel so angry? I truly want to say to him, 'You knew better and you also knew the process of stepping down to deal with this problem." There comes a time when we have to take a stand with those in leadership.

Thank you for hearing me out, Lauren :kiss: Hugs to you and your beautiful babies. ;)

I heard about it on CNN. These pastors should have known better. Yes, they are human but still they have to set an example. I don't want to hear excuses about why they did it. They shouldn't have done it...PERIOD!! I can't feel sorry for any of them. The only ones I feel sorry for are the children because they are always the ones who struggle in all this.

When pastors are in the pulpit preaching about what's right and wrong and they are doing the same thing themselves they, too, also need to remember that their stuff is bound to come out.

Like the saying goes, 'People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.' They need to remember that once the get up there to preach to the congregation after that have their sexual trysts.

Last edited:
Shimmie said:
Lauren, your words are so true. You and Miz Jackson are speaking my heart.

But am I wrong to feel so angry? I truly want to say to him, 'You knew better and you also knew the process of stepping down to deal with this problem." There comes a time when we have to take a stand with those in leadership.

Thank you for hearing me out, Lauren :kiss: Hugs to you and your beautiful babies. ;)

No Shimmie.

You are not wrong for feeling angry. As a matter of fact, we as a people (who goes to church to worship the Lord and listen to the pastors preach especially pastors like him) should all be angry and we need to start confronting them as well.

As a minister myself I too am saddened by the news. I know how it feels to have the weight of ministering to others on your shoulders. That is why I am very careful and cautious about the things I say or do. When I minister, I always use myself and my struggles as an example so that others will know that I am not perfect but yet GOD is working through me. It is important for me to also STOP, THINK, and PRAY before doing things so as to not get caught out there. I always think about what I say or do privately and how it would affect others if it comes to light. If I know that it would tarnish my testimony and also set others back who may have looked up to me, I don't do it. Yes it is hard but it is necessary. We just need to lift our leaders up in prayer because this is only the beginning. The enemy knows his time is near and he will be attacking Christians in ways we can only imagine. You do not know how many people I have been praying for regarding depression, broken marriages, finances, etc. The devil is just all up in the mix and taking out whoever we can. We all must remain diligent and continue to put GOD first. HE should be the first person we talk to when we wake up and we must pray without ceasing throughout the day so our hearts and minds will stay focused on HIM. Okay I am about to preach but be encouraged everyone, these things just confirm now more than ever that the GOD we serve is real or else satan wouldn't fight so hard. So Shimmie, cry, scream, vent, do whatever you need to but then get mad and angry at the devil. Let this fuel you to bless more, witness more, pray more, fast more, and most importantly PRAISE more. Turn the tables on satan and let him know that no matter what he will not stop your praise. For when the praises go up, the blessings come down. I love you all. Q

Honey6928215 said:
No Shimmie.

You are not wrong for feeling angry. As a matter of fact, we as a people (who goes to church to worship the Lord and listen to the pastors preach especially pastors like him) should all be angry and we need to start confronting them as well.

"Honey", thank you. :kiss: This means a lot. I don't want my feelings to go unchecked. For some reason, I almost don't care about this person and that's not me. :nono: My feelings are so hard right now. I don't want to feel this way about anyone. :(

Shimmie said:
"Honey", thank you. :kiss: This means a lot. I don't want my feelings to go unchecked. For some reason, I almost don't care about this person and that's not me. :nono: My feelings are so hard right now. I don't want to feel this way about anyone. :(

That's understandable. We were brought up that our pastors are the leaders of the black community. They were also the ones who were at the forefront during the Civil Rights Movement and segregation because they were our safe during those tubulent times. They, too, stood their necks out for us so we can enjoy the life we have. They are the ones we hold in such high regard and respected, so I understand your anger.

queeny20 said:
As a minister myself I too am saddened by the news. I know how it feels to have the weight of ministering to others on your shoulders. That is why I am very careful and cautious about the things I say or do. When I minister, I always use myself and my struggles as an example so that others will know that I am not perfect but yet GOD is working through me. It is important for me to also STOP, THINK, and PRAY before doing things so as to not get caught out there. I always think about what I say or do privately and how it would affect others if it comes to light. If I know that it would tarnish my testimony and also set others back who may have looked up to me, I don't do it. Yes it is hard but it is necessary. We just need to lift our leaders up in prayer because this is only the beginning. The enemy knows his time is near and he will be attacking Christians in ways we can only imagine. You do not know how many people I have been praying for regarding depression, broken marriages, finances, etc. The devil is just all up in the mix and taking out whoever we can. We all must remain diligent and continue to put GOD first. HE should be the first person we talk to when we wake up and we must pray without ceasing throughout the day so our hearts and minds will stay focused on HIM. Okay I am about to preach but be encouraged everyone, these things just confirm now more than ever that the GOD we serve is real or else satan wouldn't fight so hard. So Shimmie, cry, scream, vent, do whatever you need to but then get mad and angry at the devil. Let this fuel you to bless more, witness more, pray more, fast more, and most importantly PRAISE more. Turn the tables on satan and let him know that no matter what he will not stop your praise. For when the praises go up, the blessings come down. I love you all. Q

Thank you Queeny... :kiss: You and everyone here have been what I needed. I don't like anger and in your post I can see what's going on. The enemy wants to get me off focus...from what God is doing through me in ministry. And you and Lauren spoke a truth that I needed, to be reminded of, this is not the last we will hear of.

The other day, the Lord took me to a scripture we all know, "Judgment must first come to the house of the Lord." God is cleaning His house. Have you ever noticed the trend in the news. First the entertainment world, then the government, then the church?

I rejoice in the love and sovernty of God and in the love that I feel for each of you. I'll be okay... :yep: My feelings needed to be exposed for proper counsel and alignment which each of you gave.

{{{ loving hugs }}}

Haggard is a clear example of what you do in the dark WILL come to the light. These ministers who are committing sin and adultery need to take note. They should start by cleaning their own house.

It hurts me when I hear these things, b'c it's like how are you going to condemn someone when you're living the same thing? Hopefully this experience will open his heart a little more. Queeny you sound like an excellent minister, you should take his place!

Ok, to vent and be sadden but thank God he knew this first and allowed it to be exposed. So glad inspite of it all God is still in control and praying for the guilty and their families and that God will turn the tragedy into opportunity.

Vent but still trust that in the end that God always win.

I kept waking up during the night grieving over what he had done, along with feeling sooooo sad for his wife, children, his church, and the Body of Christ.

In times like these, all I can say is, O Lord have mercy.

I'm so confused. How can someone know so much of the Word, preach it, teach it, and yet, willfully and knowingly sin over and over again?

It made me look at my Christian walk more closely. By the presence of The Holy Spirit, I will be a hearer AND doer of The Word.

Pray for me as I continue to pray for you all.:(

Last edited:
I don't think it's wrong at all to be angry. In fact, I'd rather we stood up and denounced this kind of behavior. Sometimes, our first instinct is to defend the people we consider brothers and sisters, but that just makes us look like enablers.

Shimmie said:
I am very bothered by the news of the Pastor Ted Haggard and the report of both drugs and sexual sin.

Gee Whiz !!! Okay, I'm actually angry, because he knew better!!! I don't want to take up for him nor do I want to pray for him right now. He knew what he was doing. He preached about this mess enough, so he knew it was wrong. I don't want to hear about struggles, weaknesses and other excuses. He knew and he was still messing around.

The truth of the matter is that his life is not his own to do as he pleases. When Mega ministers of Mega churches do err, it becomes a Mega spill over into the entire body of Chirst and it becomes Mega news.

They're at a radio station having a 'hey-day' with voice mail recordings of calls made by Pastor Haggard to the man who dropped the dime on him. The media is all too happy about this event. :(

I know that any church size can err, and that it still affects us as a body. But the bigger the Church/Ministry, the bigger the Mess of the Press. It just a Mega Mess !!! And I'm Miffed! :sad:

Angels, I'm sorry to vent like this, surely it wasn't to offend anyone. I've been sad since hearing this news last night and now I'm in the next phase...disappointment and anger. :( I came running to each of you. :yep:

My head is resting upon each of your shoulders, and I am almost in tears because I'm so sad about this news in the Church. I don't like the way I'm feeling right now. I'm both angry and sad.

I love you, all here.

Shimmie sweetie, :kiss: remember what I'm about to tell you here.

Do NOT be surprised by anything you see coming out of the church when it comes to bad things being done by leaders in ministry. Those in leadership need Jesus as much, if not more, than the rest of us. Why? Because they have an assignment to minister to the people of God. And in turn, the devil must do all he can to make them live contrary to their teachings and what they say they believe. Remember that the enemy knows our history, and because of this, he knows our weaknesses and what is most likely to make us stumble. So there's always an enticement that needs to be battled.

Hypocrites were in the church long before we got there, and they'll continue to occupy the pews long after we're gone. But The Word of God is clear that they shall NOT inherit The Kingdom of God!

This is precisely why you can't your faith in somebody elses Christian walk. They are bound to do something to disappoint you. You just cannot know. I tell people constantly not to hold me up as some paragon of virtue, because I'm bound to do something to disappoint you. I'm not perfect, I'm human. The walk of faith is a walk of faith, not a walk of perfection. If that were the case, I wouldn't even be in the running! LOL! :lol: Thank God for Jesus!

I don't put my faith in anybody's holiness but the Lord's. He is the only person we can count on to be holy without spot, rinkle, or blemish. Hold your head up. This is just the beginning. There will be more terrible things to come out of the church. It's all designed to make people walk away or be shaken in their trust and confidence. But the devil is a liar! Those that are His cannot be taken from His hands. Praise The Lord!! :clap:

pebbles said:
Shimmie sweetie, :kiss: remember what I'm about to tell you here.

Do NOT be surprised by anything you see coming out of the church when it comes to bad things being done by leaders in ministry. Those in leadership need Jesus as much, if not more, than the rest of us. Why? Because they have an assignment to minister to the people of God. And in turn, the devil must do all he can to make them live contrary to their teachings and what they say they believe. Remember that the enemy knows our history, and because of this, he knows our weaknesses and what is most likely to make us stumble. So there's always an enticement that needs to be battled.

Hypocrites were in the church long before we got there, and they'll continue to occupy the pews long after we're gone. But The Word of God is clear that they shall NOT inherit The Kingdom of God!

This is precisely why you can't your faith in somebody elses Christian walk. They are bound to do something to disappoint you. You just cannot know. I tell people constantly not to hold me up as some paragon of virtue, because I'm bound to do something to disappoint you. I'm not perfect, I'm human. The walk of faith is a walk of faith, not a walk of perfection. If that were the case, I wouldn't even be in the running! LOL! :lol: Thank God for Jesus!

I don't put my faith in anybody's holiness but the Lord's. He is the only person we can count on to be holy without spot, rinkle, or blemish. Hold your head up. This is just the beginning. There will be more terrible things to come out of the church. It's all designed to make people walk away or be shaken in their trust and confidence. But the devil is a liar! Those that are His cannot be taken from His hands. Praise The Lord!! :clap:
Pebs, I'm so glad you're here :kiss: You're human, yes, but still one of my dearest mentors. Hey, you're the only one who managed to keep me straight here in the forum without a fuss :lol: For you know how I do.:look:

All of the ladies here have taken good care of me and I'm so thankful to each and everyone of you.

Pebs, Star, StrawberryQueen, Meek and Quiet Spirit, Lauren, "Honey692..." and Miz Jackson...everyone reading, thank you with all of my heart.

I ain't a bit surprised at anything these days. I agree with what you stated Peb's about the devil working overtime with leadership. :(

I know I should be more supportive about other Christians, but I'll have to be honest and say that when I first saw Ted on 20/20 about a year ago, something about him just didn't sit right with me.

Supergirl said:
I know I should be more supportive about other Christians, but I'll have to be honest and say that when I first saw Ted on 20/20 about a year ago, something about him just didn't sit right with me.

Supergirl,

I'm like that, too whether I meet someone or on television. Once I have that feeling about a person, I be on the lookout. Because nine times out of ten something is off or doesn't sit right. And sure enough it comes to light.

You know what Ladies,

This mess hits home with me. Sexual sin was int the leadship of my first Church. I was there for about 18 years and I could never understand, why? Event though I know 'why'? I could never understand 'why?'

The Holy Spirit protected me from it for years. I never 'knew' what was going on. God was teaching me His word and training me in the Spirit and for me to know about the sin that was going on would have deterred my growth in the Lord. God wanted to develop the work that He had begun in me and wasn't going to waste the years that He had put into my spiritual growth.

But when I found out....I was ready. For the Holy Spirit had been preparing me all along little by little until it was time for me to know the truth and time for Him to move me further in Him in a different ministry.

The things that happen to keep the love of Jesus hidden from others. This mess is so sad.....:(

That's why I'm so angry. Because there are those who need the Lord and they don't know who they can trust anymore to be a witness and mentor to them.

I just want to 'slap' him. Each time I see Ted Haggard on TV, I just want to 'slap' him. He knew better. He's not stupid!!! C'mon, who is he fooling about being tempted? Step down from the git-go and get delivered.:mad:

But check this out: The news report says that the man who told, failed a lie detector test. It says that his answers were not consistant. Sex or no sex, Ted Haggard knew better. He knew what not to do.

Anyhooo.....guess what ladies? I love you... :yep:

Last edited:
Honey6928215 said:
Supergirl,

I'm like that, too whether I meet someone or on television. Once I have that feeling about a person, I be on the lookout. Because nine times out of ten something is off or doesn't sit right. And sure enough it comes to light.
Honey, thanks for being such a wonderful comfort last night. I read your last post before I turned in the the night (morning :lol:).

I smiled, because yoiu were still there. I thank God for you. ;)

You too, Firs and Supergirl and Star....

Shimmie said:
Honey, thanks for being such a wonderful comfort last night. I read your last post before I turned in the the night (morning :lol:).

I smiled, because yoiu were still there. I thank God for you. ;)

You too, Firs and Supergirl and Star....

You are welcome, Shimmie.

I wish there are more ministers like yourself, male or female. It has gotten to where I can't put anything pass these ministers, not even my own so I can understand your anger. WE ALL SHOULD BE ANGRY!!

But you know a lot of people like ourselves will start to speak out on it and say enough is enough.

I feel you Shimmer. Your a comfort and blessing to know. We have to continue putting faith in God even when things and actions of the leaders we trust go astray. When I first heard this I was like wow man. I refused to listen after the initial shock. I didn't want to get totally upset nor hear his excuses. :perplexed

firecracker said:
I feel you Shimmer. Your a comfort and blessing to know. We have to continue putting faith in God even when things and actions of the leaders we trust go astray. When I first heard this I was like wow man. I refused to listen after the initial shock. I didn't want to get totally upset nor hear his excuses. :perplexed
Fire, you're here too. ;) Thank you for coming in too. You always one who warms my heart.

Last night, everyone in my family and friends were all sleep. :perplexed I came in here running to each of you...my family and friends...in this forum. You were all here and all you did was share your love.

God bless you... :kiss:

firecracker said:

I hear you, Firecracker.

Once it's been proven they can't tell me nothing. I change the channel in a hot minute.

Shimmie said:
Pebs, I'm so glad you're here :kiss: You're human, yes, but still one of my dearest mentors. Hey, you're the only one who managed to keep me straight here in the forum without a fuss :lol: For you know how I do.:look:

All of the ladies here have taken good care of me and I'm so thankful to each and everyone of you.

Pebs, Star, StrawberryQueen, Meek and Quiet Spirit, Lauren, "Honey692..." and Miz Jackson...everyone reading, thank you with all of my heart.

LOL! No worries, dearest. We're all here for support. Love ya! :)

firecracker said:
I ain't a bit surprised at anything these days. I agree with what you stated Peb's about the devil working overtime with leadership. :(

You better believe it, girl! And please take note that he's not just attacking the leadership, but he seems to be on a special mission after the children of believers!! What in the world is going on??? Last Thursday night at my prayer group meeting, the women asking for prayer were telling about the problems their having with their kids. Stuff you just can't imagine! I cried my eyes out, I was so upset and sad! You wouldn't believe the crying and weeping that took place that night. It's just depressing! As a parent, I couldn't help but be moved by the pain those mothers felt. They were just laid out on the floor crying, barely able to pray for the pain they were feeling.

Lord, help us pray for the children. They need it most. :(

Supergirl said:

That's ok. We are called to be discerning. :)

Back