May 2013...What Did YOU Buy this Week??? (Hair Care Edition)

Beany

Soultanicals Mane Thick (ships free all month)
HH Soft Coconut Marshmallows
HH Soft and Cream Horsetail hair butter

g.lo

I wanted to try the komaza line and i took the plunge, thanks to LCHF, it looks like I am getting back to my PJ days.

moja shampoo, olive moisture mask, aloe my hair spray, aloe my hair lea in, aloe my hair serum, aloe my hair moisturiser, califia moistursing creme (for my DDs), Pona hair and scalp treatment, vitamin reign (love this stuff), protein hair Strengthener, califia styling pudding.

And NJoy, sulfur oil.

EnExitStageLeft

IDareT'sHair

Y'all and all this steama' talk done broke me :cry3:. I started reminiscin' and all that mess like that and decided to purchase a new one. Plus I was to start roller setting, so I need a quality dryer. Sitting under a dryer for 3 hours because its old and busted, but you keep it anyway because it was your Grandma's......AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT! :lol:

loulou82

There's nothing like coming home from a long day to find not one but TWO packages greeting you at the door. My PJism was in remission for years but it has come back HARD. :look:

New Directions:

Pumpkin Seed Oil
Argan Oil
Apricot Oil
Pumpkin Seed Butter
Sweet Almond Butter
Hemp Seed Butter
Avocado Butter

Komaza:

Jojoba Hemp
Califia Leave-In
Protein Hair Strengthener
Shea Butter Hair Lotion
Califia Moisturizing Spray

New Shears

About LCL, they have awesome and responsive customer service. :yep: My husband purchased the steamer for me and as I put it together it had a mysterious leak (which turned out to be a missing plastic plug that probably cost .10 cents) would you believe they sent a whole new hood. Then a few years later during a move, I lost a part I couldn't articulate successfully what it was so they asked for and I sent pictures of where the part would be located. They were able to ID it and send me a replacement (for a reasonable price).

gorgeoushair

EnExitStageLeft

I've been interested in a steamer for a while now. I was wanting the Huetiful but saw how the dome was made. Then there was that other one-can't think of the name but some folks have it on here. I kinda want a tabletop but then i want one like the one u posted. That's a good deal for a standing steamer. Do u know if anyone has that one?
I see u used to have one-which one and how did it break?

Nylund

gorgeoushair

Nice Komaza haul, and thanks for the heads-up about the CC's leave-in. Hopefully my hair likes it, but if not it'll probably make a good body lotion :) And I'll keep you posted on the Texture Me Natural products (thanks for posting the discount in another thread.) I'm pretty excited about using those products.

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

gorgeoushair

I had a LCL Steamer in the past and it was the BOMB! Steamed my entire head thoroughly and only took minutes (like 10 to 15) to give me the best steam treatment in my life. However, things came to a screeching halt when I broke my hood. I prefer standing steamers because 1. they steam the entire head including the nape, 2. they usually do 30 to 60 min. intervals instead of 15 and 3. They are way more cost effective.

If you do buy a steamer I hope the you go with LCL. Their customer service is bomb and the quality is excellent and their prices are reasonable. LOVE THEM!

EnExitStageLeft

gorgeoushair

Only one and that was my old LCL. I had it for almost 2 years. I broke it my pulling the hood up really fast and hard. It crack on the side and was literally hanging off. LCL tried to help to repair, but my warrantly had expired and I ripped the area in which they could repair the neck, so it was unfixable.

I went steamer-less for a while and did D.I.Y steam treatments and they worked awesomely, but I missed having a steamer, so I went ahead and got another today. May I suggest you do a D.I.Y Steam Treatment first before purchasing a steamer. Steamers are awesome, but can still be a miss for some people. I did this before purchasing my first to see if steaming was for me and it responded well, but everyone's hair is different.

EnExitStageLeft

@MileHighDiva
All I did was.....

Soak a turbie twist in steaming hot water, Apply it to my hair and covered with a plastic cap, Applied a silver conditioning cap on top of that, sat under my soft bonnet dryer for 30 mins. to a hour on high heat and thats it!

I learn this method when I went natural in college. It was a god sent on my transitioning strands!

HTH's :)

Andrea2012

EnExitStageLeft I wish I had known of this model. I purchased the Secura 03 Hair Steamer (tabletop) and I never feel like getting it out and putting it together [sheer laziness] AND I have to sit backwards for it to get my nape. For 20 bucks more I could have gotten a standing model. Hoping to upgrade one of these days....:yep:

EnExitStageLeft

@Andrea2012

I was looking into that model, but Jeni from Justgrowalready reviewed it and said it only steamed for 15 minutes at a time, which is cool because 15 minutes is all you need. But I like to do it for 30 mins. or longer because I like the way it feels on my scalp lol.

Btw: Nice Blog :thumbsup: