MAXIGLIDE PICS & 6 MONTH STRETCH PICS finally up

Honi

There is no board.
That is a great step by step guide. Your hair looks beautiful and healthy for such a long stretch.

I can't wait to see you touchup pics!

preciousjewel76

OK, y'all already said everything I wanted to say about Ms. sylver's hair, but I'll add my two cents anyway::look:

It's gorgeous!
You rock the heck out of a braidout!
How long does it take you to wash all of that hair?
How many time per day do strangers try to do a "weave check" on you?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

sylver2

Aww Thank u so much ladies:p.
I get so excited when I find something I like and works for me..wether it be products, methods, techniques.etc.
I just love sharing what works for me in the hopes that it work for others:)

nycutiepie

Good Lawd......the HairGoddess has spoken...........Your album is spectacular and such an inspiration. I'm currently 15 + weeks and was thinking of relaxing but after seeing this........Imma ride this sucka out until 20 - 24 weeks........hopefully.

sylver2

caligirl said:
Your hair looks amazing! My question is how do you blowdry your hair? If I could get that part down, flat ironing would be no problem.

Thank u:). In my fokti, I have an album called blowdrying, it shows how I blowdry my hair. I use a comb attached dryer and roundbrush.

zzirvingj said:
Girl, you deserve a LHCF award for those tutorials!! :eek:

Thanks soooo much for showing how you use your maxiglide. I have one and I'm natural and have only used it one time (been afraid to use it since because of the teeth.) You inspire me to give it one more shot, though! ;)

But I have a question-do you work out? I was wondering if you experience any puffiness or reversion in the new growth/roots area over time. I know you said that flat ironing last you nearly 3 weeks at times. So it doesn't get poofy at all??

Gorgeous hair girl!! :) :) :)

lol..Thanks girl:)
I don't usually work out, but I go walking and dancing and do other things that would cause me to sweat. Especially if I'm soaking in a hot bath. What I do is I take a lot of ntm silk touch cream..rub it all thru my roots new growth to where its almost damp. I immediately put scarf on tight. I do what I have to do, sweat whatever. Take damp scarf off replacce with dry satin scarf...and hair dries back in place..new growth still flat and intact.
it works the same for it even if I don't wear a scarf whil I'm doing something...but after the activity..I just do the same thing.
My hair gets poofy when I get lazy and don't put that scarf on when I get home..but can still be flattened down with the method above.
The only time it really can't is when I just blow dry and it will last about a week and a half..but I guess that will be good for some people since they wash their hair every week or more. I wash mines every 2 weeks or sometimes longer then that.

preciousjewel76 said:
OK, y'all already said everything I wanted to say about Ms. sylver's hair, but I'll add my two cents anyway::look:

It's gorgeous!
You rock the heck out of a braidout!
How long does it take you to wash all of that hair?
How many time per day do strangers try to do a "weave check" on you?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Thank u
Takes half hour in shower to wash & condition.
lol..who knos..to the nex question..lol.

bgsix

Totally speechless. Thick beautiful 4 a/b hair. You are one of my hair inspirations. Keep doin' your thing Ms Sylver. :notworthy :)

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL hair Sylver!!! I just love looking at your updates.

ETA:
I find that that longer my hair gets, the easier it is to deal with all around, ironically.

Babygurl

Simply Gorgeous Sylver!!! I stalk your album on the regular anyway and Im continually amazed by how long you can stretch...I can only do 3 months now without losing my MIND with new growth. Great job and beautiful hair as always!!!!!!

Last edited:

Mocha5

Your hair is incredible!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to document your hair journey. You inspire me!:)

caramelty

YOUR HAIR & ALBUM IS GREAT. I am not wearing my hair down until I get almost your length. GREAT INSPIRATION!

Sly

sylver2 said:
Hi, I know some of u were waiting for me to put up the Maxiglide Pics and new 6 month Post Relaxer stretch pics. Its finally up.
Im Sorry for taking so long. I been promising since last year.
I hope u ladies enjoy it and find it helpful:)
Im on my 6 month stretch and will be touching up next week.

Just love your hair! Thank you for sharing such detailed tutorials.

sylver2

Hi ladies, been away for a min.
Thank u soo much, so many on here whose hair I looove. I'm glad the pics are helpful

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Wow! I'm struggling to get through a 4 month post-relaxer stretch! You are my hero!!! How'd you do it? I suppose that the braid out helps. I think I will try to do this on this weekend. I have two more weeks to do!

*crossing my fingers*

YOUR HAIR IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!:D

Tee

I have seen your album before but I think I will go look again today. You are always so detailed!!

wheezy807

Always a pleasure to see your growth and updates on your album. You are one a my favorite hair inspirations. Off to stalk your album...