Match me up with a growth potion :)

Porsche19

I cut my hair recntly because it had no shape. It looked helathy, but in a bad cut. So... I got a bunch of pictures of curly/afro hair and formulated a cut that looked good to me and went for it. It came out very well, I'm actually suprised. The only thing is that the longest layer (layers not of my doing) on the sides looks thin, but I couldn't bring myself to cut it even with the shorter hair.

All in all, I'd give the cut a 7.5 to 8 out of 10. Not bad. I refuse to go to a stylist so that they can butcher my hair and leave me with an inch.

ANYWAYS... :lol:

I had to cut around 1.5 inches off of most of my hair. That brings my 2005 growth gain to a puny 3.5 inches. :( It actually grew more than that, but triming and this cut took away from it.

So I really want to see major growth... and soon! I'm getting very impatient. I'm going to take vitamins and eat a more protein rich diet and drink water.

I don't know which growth product is best for me though.

I want something that fits in with the most of this list:

1) Isn't too expensive
2) Has anti-fungal/anti-bacterial properties
3) Doesn't smell bad
4) Doesn't contain petroleum/mineral oil

That knocks mtg out. Surge would be great, but it doesn't fit in with #2.

Would anything else work? If not, then I'm going to have to start surgeing.

lawgirl02

How about a caster oil/ rosemary oil mix? The rosemary has some anti-bacterial properties. You could also add a few drops of peppermint and lemon oil for antiseptic purposes, also.

Last edited:

Porsche19

Thanks lawgirl and a young 1981! That's a very good idea. I haven't even thought about using essential oils :)

Does any one else have a suggestion?

Porsche19

Hmmm... would I be able to safely mix surge and rosemary or tea tree oil? Do you think that it would change the way that the surge works?

I tend to keep oils off my scalp.

ekomba

Porsche19 said:
I cut my hair recntly because it had no shape. It looked helathy, but in a bad cut. So... I got a bunch of pictures of curly/afro hair and formulated a cut that looked good to me and went for it. It came out very well, I'm actually suprised. The only thing is that the longest layer (layers not of my doing) on the sides looks thin, but I couldn't bring myself to cut it even with the shorter hair.

All in all, I'd give the cut a 7.5 to 8 out of 10. Not bad. I refuse to go to a stylist so that they can butcher my hair and leave me with an inch.

ANYWAYS... :lol:

I had to cut around 1.5 inches off of most of my hair. That brings my 2005 growth gain to a puny 3.5 inches. :( It actually grew more than that, but triming and this cut took away from it.

So I really want to see major growth... and soon! I'm getting very impatient. I'm going to take vitamins and eat a more protein rich diet and drink water.

I don't know which growth product is best for me though.

I want something that fits in with the most of this list:

1) Isn't too expensive
2) Has anti-fungal/anti-bacterial properties
3) Doesn't smell bad
4) Doesn't contain petroleum/mineral oil

That knocks mtg out. Surge would be great, but it doesn't fit in with #2.

Would anything else work? If not, then I'm going to have to start surgeing.

hum Porsche19 , okay let me think you need something that does not smell bad and anti-fungal okay here s the perfect potion and i can guarantee you growth if you consistent on it use all the following and your hair will grow fast i had to eliminate a lot of stuff because you dont want petroleum, mineral oil, and no bad smell and not expensive it s hard but here take all of these: biotin,sulfur, rosemary oil, almond oil, coconut oil,olive oil and amla oil, thats the best i could come up with (i had to eliminate pine tar, mtg, castor oil) and this is fragrant enough u could add chamomile or peppermint and thats it u got it and could average nice faster growth

Last edited:

Porsche19

So I would take the oils and mix them, then put sulfur and biotin in it? How would I get sulfur and biotin????

HoneyDew

Porsche19 said:
So I would take the oils and mix them, then put sulfur and biotin in it? How would I get sulfur and biotin????

You can get Flowers of Sulfur by searching online or ebay, but it is hard to dissolve it. Not all oils do a good job, IMO. I got it mixed better when i used a blender, though.

foxybrownsugar

You can also get herbs including sulfur for your oils at pennherbs.com too. I placed an order for a few herbs including sulfur there but havent received them yet. I plan on mixing my herbs in with my oils for a more potent scalp/hair treatment.

LaNecia

You've got some good advice here! Best of luck to you! Be sure to let us know how it turns out for you!