Marvin has spoken...products to use

Pumpkin

Sorry PJ's but I don't think you will be able to wait til 2003 after hearing this one.

So I called Marvin like I said I would to ask about the ORS Hair Mayo treatment every other week. He said he was correct in saying that. As I got off the phone I thought maybe he is telling me this b/c he has seen my hair. He may tell someone else something totally different because everyone's case is not the same

I have received soooo many compliments on my hair since seeing Marvin last Wednesday and I do see a big difference. My hair looks like one of those Pantene models.

So here is what he suggested I purchase and being the loyal PJ that I am...I DID IT /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shampoo: Aveda Shampure (wonderful!)
Protein Cond: ORS Hair Mayo or Motions CPR
Moist. Cond: Hot oil treatment. Not the cheap ones that say you can use it for skin and all that other stuff. Strictly hair hot oil treatment. I bought V05
Daily Moisturizer: Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade (THIS STUFF IS DA BOMB!!!!!!!!)

I am so sorry to those of you who vowed not to purchase anymore products for the remainder of the year. But you only have 28 more days to go.

Pumpkin.....
I was EYEBALLING THE Aveda Brilliant Humectant... does it really work??? Does it really keep your hair moisturized? I think I still have a lot of damage due to the DR blowouts that I did at LEAST twice a month for over 6 months straight!!!!
I still am not purchasing anything until February 2003 though!!!! I am weak but not down!

Goooooo Pumpkin, it's your birthday!!!! hahaha. I'm glad everyone's complimenting you on your hair.

I can only imagine, better yet, I know how your hair looks. I bet its been gleaming, shiny and bouncy shine having your hair done. Girl, I remember when I first went to him a couple of years and I went outside, the wind was blowing and my hair fell right back into place. I must have caught a neck cramp that day toss my hair in every direction lol.

Now, I think I need to fax these threads over to him to get my free hot oil treatment hahaha.

Who's Marvin?
yaya.gif

He's my beautican here in New York that I recommended to the board. Pumpkin was one of the girls that tried him.

Hey Pumpkin, being the dedicated PJ that I am, I already have ALL those products /images/graemlins/blush.gif Thanks for posting them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pumpkin,

You know you ain't right girl. /images/graemlins/grin.gif How could you do this to me???? Well, since NayNay insists she's not breaking down, I'll have to suck it up for now. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hmmm, SVT called ME a PJ enabler in my Redken thread. Who's the enabler now?! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, I'm happy that your hair is on point and looking good. I used to use Aveda Humectant Pomade years ago. Doesn't this product have a gel-like consistency?

Between you and LondonDiva singing the praises of ORS Hair Mayo, I'll have to try this when my Aubreys GPB runs out.

Thanks Pumpkin,

I am definately going to buy some of the ORS Mayonnaise. My former beautician in Chicago told me to get it and said I will notice a difference in my hair almost immediately.

I actually have the AVEDA pomade on my dresser. I am doing a 'hair' basket for my sister for xmas and will take advantage of the other recs! I am getting the ORS hair mayo and have to figure out the hot oil treatment thingy!

I see Marvin on the 20th I will see what he recs for me!

I have the Organics LEAVE-IN hair mayo (in the bottle). I bought it a while back and had only used it once or twice on my ends.

Today, I washed my hair and used it as my leave-in on wet hair. I used a generous amount and when I took my hair out from my roller set my hair was very soft and not at all greasy. I like it. Hmmmmmm, you girls are going to make me "cheat" on my QH Cholesterol and try that Organics Hair Mayo now! Shame on you all!!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I noticed that the ORS Hair Mayo has Sodium Laurel Sulfate listed as one of this ingredients. Does this concern anyone?

Hey guys,
I was wondering... Do you need to follow the ORS Hair Mayo with a moisturizing conditioner?

Pallas

Supergirl

It is the second to last ingredient and you have nothing to worry about. I use the ORS Hair mayo 2-3 times a week with heat and have had no problems with the product at all. It's very moisturising and makes my hair feel very soft after using it.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I have the Organics LEAVE-IN hair mayo (in the bottle). I bought it a while back and had only used it once or twice on my ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

BlkMane, Is this the one made by Africa's Best? The Leave in which feels very slippery like egg? (there are so many products with Oraganic in the title it's hard not to get confused)

If it is the one, I'm glad you like it, because that is another staple hair product for me. It give my hair a great "slip" feel when combing through after a wash. I left it in my hair last night and airdried in a ponytail which I put up (without heat) and my hair still feels moisturised considering I never covered my hair and slept on a satin pillowcase instead.

The Marvin craze continues! My cousin just made an appt /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SuperGirl,

I just came from Sally's and read the ingredients and Yes...I am concerned. I am also doing a school report on shampoos and the dangers of SLS and it is really making me think about many of the hair products on the market. Since I have been using natural products for a long time, it wasn't a concern...but now that I am into to my report, the reminder of SLS IS a big concern again.

hi amilion, please recommend marvin to me i'm looking for a hairdresser that can do my hair for my wedding coming up in april i'm located in the bronx .please email me with info on marvin . Thank you!!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif [email protected]

Back