Making Space for the Breakthrough

kayte

2 Corinthians 9:10 'Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.' (NIV)

When a farmer starts sowing seed, he already has everything prepared to receive and gather his eventual harvest. He doesn't sow seed then wait until it grows before he sets up his harvesting machinery or prepares his storehouses for the grain.
Everything must be prepared in advance.

A farmer who sows and then sits back and does nothing, has no faith in the seed he has sown. He is saying, 'I don't think this seed will ever amount to anything.'
A farmer who sows and then sits back and does nothing, is inviting disaster because the crop won't be harvested in time before it is exposed to the elements and rots in the field.

kayte

It's the same with faith in God.
When we ask for something in Jesus' name, we must prepare to receive what we've been asking for -- sometimes a long time in advance of the answer.

People who pray for something but then fail to prepare for the answer have no real faith,and then fail to prepare for the answer will likewise see their request come and go without any benefit to them.
So often, people forego their real destiny simply because they're praying and hoping for a breakthrough yet they're not making space in their lives to contain it. They're simply going through the motions of prayer, literally paying lip-service to the idea that God answers prayer.

Once you start sowing, you've got to get out the heavy machinery ready to gather the crop; you need to get your storehouses ready to contain the full results.
Once you start praying, start planning.
Get ready for the breakthrough, enlarge yourself and your thinking and behaviour to receive the blessing.

Prayer: 'Lord, help me to make space in my life to accommodate your blessing and favour. Help me to get my life ready to receive what you've promised me.'

Raspberry

These are really great thoughts kayte :) I'll be meditating on this today.

I know I've had to be real with myself about preparation for my own hopes and dreams.

If you're praying about financial blessing or your own business - are your financial habits in order? Can you handle increase with your current ways of handling money?

You may want a spouse but is there room for him in your life? Is your emotional house in order? Do you have baggage you need to release, are you preparing for the physical, emotional, and financial compromise that comes with merging two lives together?

You may want God to use you in powerful miraculous ways for ministry - how is your character? Are you accountable to anyone, are you practicing submission to God in every area as well as the earthly authority he's put over you? Are you harboring unforgiveness?

Consistency of character and walking in integrity unlocks the door for so many dreams we may be waiting on God for. A lot of times He's waiting on us to do our part - and lot that might be about practical areas of responsibility that we lack in. We focus so much on being spiritual sometimes that we forget the unexciting and even unpleasant tasks that come with true preparation for blessing and increase - but God doesn't forget or sweep these things under the rug!

Ok, now I'm feeling convicted :)

Last edited:

kayte

Raspberry... I loved your entire excellent thought provoking post
..I am meditating and working too:yep:

Can you handle increase with your current ways of handling money?
Gotta love this one:grin:

We focus so much on being spiritual sometimes that we forget the unexciting and even unpleasant tasks that come with true preparation for blessing and increase - but God doesn't forget or sweep these things under the rug!

Amen to that!..oftimes it's the little steps..the nuts and bolts that make
for rich soil of an abundant plentiful harvest and strong solid ground for the mountain top

Once you start praying, start planning.

That's what James refers to as..faith with works....yes?
as opposed to the article warning about paying lip service

James 214..What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?
but someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do
You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
you foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless
You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

The widow borrowed empty jars.....
and paid her debts

Ruth washed and anointed her body at the advice of mother-in-law
for preparation

Jacob worked for the woman he loved

So the question is... what are we actively consciously doing in cooperation with the Lord to prepare to receive....answered prayer ..heart's desires
...blessings in abundance..blessingsthat will overflow and overtake us?

Last edited: