Mae's Braid Out on Blow Dried hair

sweetgal

I love her hair too! She does seem like a sweetheart. She seems so nice and cheerful, it's like a positive energy and halo around her.

bride91501

I agree. She has great hair- it always looks so healthy and her personality is always so cheerful. She also manages to avoid the drama that seems to plague some of the other popular youtubers.

I plan to experiment with some twist outs and braid outs on blow dried hair next month for my 1 year nappiversary length check, so this vid was right on time.

Was anyone else surprised that she applied the leave-in conditioner after she blow dried? I know everyone's hair is different, but whenever I blowdry my, or my DDs' hair, I always apply a leave-in, then a heat protectant, to damp hair before blowdrying. *shrug*

Her results were beautiful though.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I agree. She has great hair- it always looks so healthy and her personality is always so cheerful. She also manages to avoid the drama that seems to plague some of the other popular youtubers.

I plan to experiment with some twist outs and braid outs on blow dried hair next month for my 1 year nappiversary length check, so this vid was right on time.

Was anyone else surprised that she applied the leave-in conditioner after she blow dried? I know everyone's hair is different, but whenever I blowdry my, or my DDs' hair, I always apply a leave-in, then a heat protectant, to damp hair before blowdrying. *shrug*

Her results were beautiful though.
That's how I would have done it too. I would've applied a light amount before and after blowdrying to each section before braiding. I think the leave-in dampens the hair and helps the waves from the braids set more deeply.

She has very beautiful hair. I've been meaning to try a dry braid-out soon.

angelgrl135

Hey all! I loved Mae's results so much I tried my 1st ever braid out on blow dried hair. I showed her the pics last week at a Jane Carter event Whole Foods here in Atlanta and she was so sweet!! After blowdrying hair I just used Jane Carter nourish and shine and some coconut oil for moisture and shine and for softness bc I was using Eco Styler gel for hold. I only had my hair braided for abt 3 or 4 hrs to achieve this style. Gel isn't my go to hold product but when I'm short on time I use it bc it dries and does the job more quickly than creamy products.

angelgrl135

angelgrl135 your hair is GORGEOUS! How long is your hair stretched?

Err... It's somewhere between Apl and bra strap. I don't straighten bone-straight so I can't tell well enough to claim bsl just yet. I'd guess I'm an inch away.

But let me tell y'all my wet braid outs are pretty sad. The definition is nice but I feel they just look so limp and plus they take ENTIRELY too long to dry. I'd upload a pic for comparison but I don't have one on my phone. Probably bc they look so sad and I always end up bunning after an attempt!

& thanks for the compliments y'all!