Low Porosity Relaxed Ladies, What Products Do You Use?

lonei

Hey guys

Any recommendations for low porosity hair products would be much appreciated, both in terms of moitsure and protein and oils.

Thanks a bunch x

Last edited:

SunySydeofLyfe

lonei I posted this in the other thread. It maybe useful here too.

I did some research last night because my hair is doing the most. I haven't come up with a regimen but I took some notes on what others have said helps with lo-po hair and plan to incorporate the suggestions.

Giovanni Direct 50/50
Shea moisture enhancing curl smoothie
shea yucca and baobab (trying this line soon got it from Walgreens BOGO)
Shea moisture coconut hibiscus
As I am coconut cowash (I tried this and I liked it, I stop using it listening to reviews, what I see more and more, what works for most and is raved about my hair hates...thus a bottle of WEN collecting dust)
V05 Moisture Mix

Grapeseed oil
Jojoba Oil
Argan Oil
Glycerin
Honey
coconut oil (I think, I don't see it on the notes but the cowash contains it)

Proteins that are lo-po friendly
Silk, wheat and rice

Baking soda mixed in conditioner and then spray with AVJ (I have tried BS twice not in conditioner just stirred in some water and can attest to less tangles and matting)

Another thing I noted was that lo-po hair benefits from steam treatments and deep conditioning.

No heavy oils like olive or heavy protein treatments.

I am going to try to use these things to make a regimen and see how my hair acts after 30 days.

lonei

lonei I posted this in the other thread. It maybe useful here too.

I did some research last night because my hair is doing the most. I haven't come up with a regimen but I took some notes on what others have said helps with lo-po hair and plan to incorporate the suggestions.

Giovanni Direct 50/50
Shea moisture enhancing curl smoothie
shea yucca and baobab (trying this line soon got it from Walgreens BOGO)
Shea moisture coconut hibiscus
As I am coconut cowash (I tried this and I liked it, I stop using it listening to reviews, what I see more and more, what works for most and is raved about my hair hates...thus a bottle of WEN collecting dust)
V05 Moisture Mix

Grapeseed oil
Jojoba Oil
Argan Oil
Glycerin
Honey
coconut oil (I think, I don't see it on the notes but the cowash contains it)

Proteins that are lo-po friendly
Silk, wheat and rice

Baking soda mixed in conditioner and then spray with AVJ (I have tried BS twice not in conditioner just stirred in some water and can attest to less tangles and matting)

Another thing I noted was that lo-po hair benefits from steam treatments and deep conditioning.

No heavy oils like olive or heavy protein treatments.

I am going to try to use these things to make a regimen and see how my hair acts after 30 days.

Thanks hun

Can Baking Soda be mixed with a conditioner that has protein in it like ORS replenishing pack?

Evolving78

Hey guys

Any recommendations for low porosity hair products would be much appreciated, both in terms of moitsure and protein and oils.

Thanks a bunch x

Nothing too thick and heavy. Cowashing causes buildup quicker in my opinion. Shampoos seem to help low por hair better. Liquid/light cream moisturizers and leave-ins work best light to medium protein treatments are best. Deep conditioning with heat works too. Light oils.

SunySydeofLyfe

Thanks hun

Can Baking Soda be mixed with a conditioner that has protein in it like ORS replenishing pack?

I haven't tried it in conditioner so I can't say. Maybe googling the cherry lola treatment will give some insight on what people have mixed with baking soda.