love/hate my hair

tiffsmom2

Hello ladies!
I have experienced some hair drama with my hair over the years. Growing it, having the stylist "trim" my hair, losing hair, shedding hair to NO hair. Now I actually have some hair. It is the longest it has ever been...between shoulder and bra length. My new drama is... what do I do with it? I do not have a relaxer. I wear my hair in braids under a wig 95% of the time. I lost all of the hair in the back due to the stress. It has taken 16 months to get it to where it is now.
I want to take off the wigs, however, my have is soooooo coiled, dare I say "nappy" that after a wash it becomes a nightmare to untangle, comb, and re-braid. I have tried to flat iron, but it is futile. I miss the straighter look of my hair. What could I possibly do? I am thinking of a mild relaxer but I am afraid. My hair is fine with a ton of split ends. I think a relaxer would destroy all of my hard work. Any words of wisdom ladies?

Irresistible

Hello ladies!
I have experienced some hair drama with my hair over the years. Growing it, having the stylist "trim" my hair, losing hair, shedding hair to NO hair. Now I actually have some hair. It is the longest it has ever been...between shoulder and bra length. My new drama is... what do I do with it? I do not have a relaxer. I wear my hair in braids under a wig 95% of the time. I lost all of the hair in the back due to the stress. It has taken 16 months to get it to where it is now.
I want to take off the wigs, however, my have is soooooo coiled, dare I say "nappy" that after a wash it becomes a nightmare to untangle, comb, and re-braid. I have tried to flat iron, but it is futile. I miss the straighter look of my hair. What could I possibly do? I am thinking of a mild relaxer but I am afraid. My hair is fine with a ton of split ends. I think a relaxer would destroy all of my hard work. Any words of wisdom ladies?

when you do your hair do it with tons of conditioner in and oils in it to detangle with, you could try no poo and do Conditioner washing only too , use a wide tooth comb . do your hair in braided sections -all of these are helpful to manage tangles and make your hair more moisturized and easier to manage

ur right a relaxer might destroy how far you have gotten , now its time to learn ways to manage your hair the best you can to keep it:yep:

its going to take patience

Qualitee

Hello ladies!
Do you apply a leave in before you detangle? Baking soda loosen curls so maybe you can try that? HTH:grin: