Losing eyelashes! HELP!!!

prettykinks

I am having postpartum shedding very badly. My hair is coming out in clumps. Before I had my baby I was at MBL, I am afraid to see where my hair will be at once this is done. The shedding has even moved to my lashes. If I rub my eyes about 4-6 lashes will fall out. I had to stop wearing mascara because when I go to wash it off I lose many hairs in the process. Is there a way to stop or even slow down the hair loss in my lashes and hair? Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
It is possible that your mascara is making your eyelashes fall out. What you're using may harden too much. Stick wth non-waterproof mascara or try a mineral mascara. When you're not wearing it, rub a *little* vaseline or castor oil on the tip of your forefinger and apply to your lashes as you would a mascara.

mrsjohnson75

Continue to take your prenatal vitamins. Try low maintenance with your hair. I'm not sure about the lashes but its normal for my lashes to fall out especially when I take off my mascara.

prettykinks

It is possible that your mascara is making your eyelashes fall out. What you're using may harden too much. Stick wth non-waterproof mascara or try a mineral mascara. When you're not wearing it, rub a *little* vaseline or castor oil on the tip of your forefinger and apply to your lashes as you would a mascara.

I only wear mascara about once a week. I have the kind you wash off with soap and the waterproof kind. I have to look for mineral mascara. Thanks for the tips.

prettykinks

Continue to take your prenatal vitamins. Try low maintenance with your hair. I'm not sure about the lashes but its normal for my lashes to fall out especially when I take off my mascara.

I am still taking my prenatals everyday. I have been wearing my hair in box braids since the last few months of pregnancy. If I scratch my edges I lose a few hairs!!! :wallbash: I am now taking out the braids so I can wash and deep condition and I am losing so much hair it's scary.:nono:

mEmYSELFaNDj

OMG I never heard of it getting that bad to where you lose your lashes. I used to take odorless garlic supplements to combat shedding. Maybe you can do that. Check with your Dr. first since you're breastfeeding.

prettykinks

OMG I never heard of it getting that bad to where you lose your lashes. I used to take odorless garlic supplements to combat shedding. Maybe you can do that. Check with your Dr. first since you're breastfeeding.

Thanks I have to get with my doc, I have garlic tabs here already!

shtow

I had this problem as well when removing my waterproof mascara. I found that using extra virgin coconut oil really works. It removes my make up and mascara effectively and I don't loose any lashes. I scoop some out and rub it on my face and then on my lashes and rinse. Then I proceed to my face washing regimen.

coolsista-paris

for your eylashes the best is castor oil. When i stzrted putting it on each night before sleeping, i had good results. Made them thicker and stronger.seems like some grew back fast.

My mother in law has been putting castor oil to her eylashes dor years!!! she wears mascara,but at ight or when shes home castor oiil on. Il jealousing on her beautiful,long thick eylashes!!! im gonna get back to doing that