Loosening Curls

wyldcurlz

Anyone have a method to loosen tight curls? I'd like to relax my natural 3C spirals, but I don't know how to do it - or what products to use.

Currently, I get about 6-7 inches shrinkage when I smooth gel, section by section, onto sopping wet hair. The top layer of my hair (at the crown) is 3B curls, the sides are tight spirals...I'd just like more styling options.

Thank You

caligirl

You can have your hair rollerset on large rollers. This will give you bigger curls or waves. Plus, its a very healthy styling method. The dominicans are pros at doing rollersets.

wyldcurlz

Yes, I'd like to FATTEN up my curls. Loosen probably wasn't the best way to say it.

Can you air dry the rollerset? Maybe that'll be my project for next weekend.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Your hair sounds alot like mine, except your hair is longer. Can u please tell me how u took care of your hair to get it growing well? Any styling tips? I'm hoping to stick out my nat. journey. My stylist refuses to allow me to think about putting chemicals in my hair anymore. It's for the best because my hair has never been healthier. What regime has helped you?

caligirl

Yes, you can airdry the rollerset. But if you're impatient like me or refuse to sleep in rollers, the Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri hood dryer will dry your hair in 45min-1 hour tops.

chocolate01

I know this was not addressed to me but I am natural, just did the BC a little over 2 months ago. I wash, condition, and style once a week. My style of choice is two strand twists. It is a really simple style to do, it takes about 2 hours but I don't have to do my hair for a week to week and a half sometimes. All it is taking sections of hair, separate into two, and twist around each other (think braids without the third section). When I did my first set of twists they came out ok but now two months later, I am so much better. Once I put my leave in into my hair (NTM silk touch), the only other product I use to twist is a curl activator gel on the ends to help them stay together without the stringy look. I usually do my twists on dry hair. I wash my hair the night before and and allow it to airdry in braids. This helps to stretch it out and reduce shrinkage. You can check out my album to see some of the things I have done with my hair since becomng natural http://public.fotki.com/chocolate01, pw is in my profile. Just be patient and practice.HTH

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Thank u! Thank u! I'm gonna try to twist my hair to see what it looks like. I have a horrible time getting my hair to look right. I'll try mini twists first and take a pic....gulp :eek: I must learn how to do these things because I'm determined to have more than just an afro as my hairstyle. :lol: You got mad skills! :notworthy