LOOKING FOR SPLIT END SITE

Faith

Happy New Year Ladies.

To start my new year off right on Friday I cut about 1-3" off my hair. It's more even now. And looks very healthy.
But as I was doing this I noticed some VERY ODD looking splits. I have never seen splits like these before.
Imagine a rose branch with thorns. Then imagine my hair strand as that branch and the splits sticks up and down that strand like thorns. It was freaky to see. I saw two strands like that and not sure how many more they are/were.
Anywho, long story short. There was a site posted here months ago which showed pics of various splits and what each was usually caused by. Anybody remember that site? Can you post that link please? Thanks. :)

I commented on another thread about my cousins hair and she had those same splits as you, soo many at the ends of bottom layer strands, they gave me the creeps, I never seen anything like it b4. I would like to knowabout this split end site too.

I don't have the link to provide, but I believe what your're referring to is a condition known as trichorrhexis nodosa. I haven't checked, but if you google it, you might find some helpful links. If that fails, google trichoptilosis, which is the technical term for split ends.

I think I know which site you are talking about. Unfortunately I don't have a link. I think it was a part of the proctor and gamble site.

goldensensation said:
I googled images and found this. Is this it?

http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_74.htm

PERFECT! Thanks! This was the site I was looking for. It kind of explains what each could be caused by. I also remember the site PerfectDoak posted and that has the image of the split end I saw. It was the wave one. Which is basically splits up and down the shaft..which if I look at the site goldensensation posted seems to be caused by chemical relaxants...hm. I believe it. I think the hairdresser overprocessed the last 3-4" of my hair and that's where the split was.

Thanks ladies :)

Those links are helpful. I was about to post a question about a weird split that I had never seen in my hair before today. I found a pic of it on the site from PerfectDoak. According to the site, it's called a hole and it's in the middle of my hair strand. Of course my initial reaction was WTH! No way am I cutting my hair mid-length to get rid of that split. OMG! :eek:

Anyway, bumping this up. Others may find it useful too.

Back