looking for Non chemical relaxers and other advice

pearlgirl

Does anyone know of any methods to straighten or relax hair without the use of chemicals and heat? A few months back i saw something about using coconut milk to temporarily relax hair but i cant find it. are there any professional product lines out there that relax without the use of chemicals?
I want to see how a non chemical relaxer will make my hair look and feel. If i like it i'll leave chemical relaxers alone forever.

I know that i need to take time to grow my hair out again because it's been breaking off so instead of wearing weaves - like i did last time for about 2 years - i'm wearing wigs. It's cheaper than paying $185 every 3 months for a weave. Does anyone have any tips for how i should care for my hair while wearing wigs? I know that some women who wear wigs have thier hair washed and braided every week or two. Other than constantly moisturizing my scalp and hair is there anything else i should do? Also I wonder if it's ok to get cornrows or should i have my hair braided in a spiral as if i were getting a weave and if it's ok to use synthetic hair (for length) - that way if i wanted to i could just wear the braids and not the wig.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I have never used any of these products, but the ad copy says they straighten naturally.

Baka

Lustrasilk Hair Culture Solution aka "Straight Effects". Sally's has this on clearance for $2. I bought some but I haven't used it yet. It sure does stink...

Organic Root Stimulator Demi Perm claims to "give you the look, feel and touch of a relaxer w/o chemicals". I have never seen this in stores--only magazines.