Long term biotin supplement users

luckiestdestiny

Okay so I've been spouting off about ingesting all of your vitamins via food. But recently in addition to, I wanted to add just a couple of supplements (in addition to eating 80 percent vegetables). So I decided on l cysteine w/ vitamin c (for absorbtion), and biotin.

As the search engine is on the fritz...please let me know what you think of biotin.

1. How long have you used it in the past, or have you been using it?

2. Why did you stop? Or why are you consistently taking it?

3. What are the pros?

4. What are the cons?

5. How much are you, or did you take in the past (or present).

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to your answers!!!!

Honestly ,I don't know how long I will take Biotin but I do like to switch between MSM and Biotin.My hair is much stronger when I'm taking either MSM or Biotin and I rather keep it that way.HTH

Honestly ,I don't know how long I will take Biotin but I do like to switch between MSM and Biotin.My hair is much stronger when I'm taking either MSM or Biotin and I rather keep it that way.HTH
How long have you been taking it. Do you have any side effects like pimples, etc? Did you notice any faster hair growth besides strength? Thanks!

I would say over a year,i had some pimples but it wasn't major.Once i started to drink more water my skin cleared.i think the more research you do hear the more prepared you will be.I'm transitioning so while my hair is strong I'm still experiencing that awkward stage of straight hair verses 4b hair.I have been trimming so lengthe as of this moment is not my goal.Uniforming my hairing with less damage is my goal for 2009.
Oh I get my MSM and Biotin from Gnc,less fillers then walmart brand although I know some ladies that use it.

1. How long have you used it in the past, or have you been using it? More years than I can remember.

2. Why did you stop? Or why are you consistently taking it? I take it because it makes my nails stronger and my hair grow faster. I've stopped for the last 2 weeks to see if it was causing my acne.

3. What are the pros? Hard nails, stronger hair.

4. What are the cons? Some say acne.

5. How much are you, or did you take in the past (or present). 3000-5000mcg per day

1. How long have you used it in the past, or have you been using it? More years than I can remember.

2. Why did you stop? Or why are you consistently taking it? I take it because it makes my nails stronger and my hair grow faster. I've stopped for the last 2 weeks to see if it was causing my acne.

5. How much are you, or did you take in the past (or present). 3000-5000mcg per day

Thanks so much. That's the kinda info I was looking for. I saw online that some were saying harder periods too...so I was polling the women of lhcf to see what's going on with them!

bumping for you because i'm curious too:)

i have used nature's plus ultra hair off and on. i've been using it somewhat consistently for the last month. i can't tell yet though. i'm going to use it for 3 months before i decide whether to continue or not.

i know that some women experience acne. this hasn't been my experience, fortunately. some of my friends tell me my skin is glowing but i attribute that to the new cleanser i'm using not the biotin but who knows. i can definitely tell a difference in my nail growth. and, it seems like my new growth is more manageable but that part could be in my head.

hope that you get some more answers. i'd be interested in hearing about others experiences.

What she said...

I'm plan to drink more water to help with the acne thing. My nails are off the chain beautiful when I take biotin consistently, its worth it for me just for that reason.

How long have you used it in the past, or have you been using it? Almost 2yrs.

2. Why did you stop? Or why are you consistently taking it? Still taking it consistently w/B Complex. It makes my nails long, white and healthy. I also believe it has contributed to my hair growth rate.

3. What are the pros? Long nails, long hair.

4. What are the cons? Haven't experienced any that I know of.

5. How much are you, or did you take in the past (or present).
I take 5mg (5000mcg) per day.

Back