Long haired naturals-how do you wash & go?

PhonyBaloney500

Help!

I used to wear my hair in a high bun to dry it (would take a day to dry) but now have the funny problem of it being "too" long once I take it out. If I just let it dry while wearing it out, aside from having dripping wet hair all over me, it will shrink too much, having the opposite effect?

What do bsl and other long naturals do for wash ans go's?

yamilee21

I'm not sure I understand - how is it "too long" when you take it out of the bun? If I need to go out right after washing my hair, I often put it in a bun, sometimes I separate it in two sections and either twist or braid each, then make one bun together. If I wear it out, well, shrinkage is just part of the package, although a using leave-in conditioner and gel might minimize the poof that would otherwise accompany the shrinkage.

fyb87

I do wash n gos most of the time. I co-wash my hair, rinse out then use another conditioner and put that in my hair and then detangle with my paddle brush. Take shower with hair in a bun with clip and get out. Put some Curls Souffle in my hair and I'm done. I sometimes put it in two loose buns while I get dressed and then take down. I don't wear my hair up that much as I usually get headaches!

cmw45

I don't.

LOL...but seriously, I don't. My hair gets too tangled and knoting occurs on the ends as my hair has relations with itself.

chocolate01

I don't.

LOL...but seriously, I don't. My hair gets too tangled and knoting occurs on the ends as my hair has relations with itself.

:lachen::lachen:. I just cut my hair so maybe I shouldn't be in this thread, but before I cut my hair I felt the same way.